Post by pdub »

"Hey, we could move, just sayin."

Also fuck off.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/400 ... -arrowhead
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Chiefs Offseason 2024

Post by Sparko »

The Chiefs need to invest in their practice facilities. Using that $24B nestegg that trust fund boy has.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

How Bout Those Chiefs

A review of the five Chief's 3rd day draft picks. The Chiefs had 2 fourths, one fifth, one six, and one seventh round pick.

"Baby Kelce"?

The Chiefs drafted their new WEAPON in TE Jared Wiley!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Sparko wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:32 pm The Chiefs need to invest in their practice facilities. Using that $24B nestegg that trust fund boy has.
Probably want to know what part of town the stadium is going first.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I like the TE pick and Hicks is a top 50 type potential in this draft but I think one of those picks should have been TJ Tampa.

Give me Legette, Suamatia, Bucky Irving, Wiley and TJ Tampa.

Or just simply replace Wiley with Tampa if you think Hicks will take over for Reid next season.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Awesome draft. Worthy the fastest WR in the draft. This off season need # 1 and Brown and Worthy is home run moves. Next was OL and Kingsley Suamataia OT was the one. Then you get Hunter who played them all except LT and then guard Hanson which just solidifies the OL for the future. Nice

Now Wiley TE is just a great pick. Besides Bowers this was the TE that can produce, catches everything and has really sneaky speed.

Then the DB's. Hicks was a straight up steal. Could have been first safety off the board. Played everywhere deep, in the box, over the slot. Just like the OL picks going to give us the flexibility in the future with current players contract's expiring.

Then there is Hadden. If you go back and look at the measurables of Sneed coming out of college they are real similar to Sneed. Not saying he going to be Sneed 2.0 but not going to argue with that pick.

Then they bring in UDFA

Two RB's Ucla and TCU

Lb from Penn State

DT from Florida State

and some others.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't like the trade ups but I do like 3 of our first 4 players.
Worthy was a reach in my opinion.
Hicks was a steal - but our safety group is set right now - but I get it makes sense to get him some play and then save money by not re-signing Reid and hope the younger guys are set to take over.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:27 am I like the TE pick and Hicks is a top 50 type potential in this draft but I think one of those picks should have been TJ Tampa.

Or just simply replace Wiley with Tampa if you think Hicks will take over for Reid next season.
Legette is not the same as Worthy. There were three WR's we just do not fit with. Legette, Coleman and Franklin. The basic defense against the Chiefs was two deep and zone under. Now you have Hollywood and Worthy that can go in motion or run crossing patterns which is going to leave holes for Kelce and Rice. Killer

Then you add Wiley. Who going to match up with him when you run 12 personnel on the field?

The NFl DC's were probably sweating when we added Brown. But now. Yeah they looking for tall building's.

So we need a veteran OT as a safety net.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:37 am I don't like the trade ups but I do like 3 of our first 4 players.
Worthy was a reach in my opinion.
Hicks was a steal - but our safety group is set right now - but I get it makes sense to get him some play and then save money by not re-signing Reid and hope the younger guys are set to take over.
Worthy was the one WR that changes the two deep safety's. Those players are not going to be taking a position closer to the line of scrimmage. Most likely they going to be taking two steps back. We only have Hollywood for one year which makes the Worthy pick even more valuable. Reid, Kelce and Mahomie have the biggest smiles today in the NFL.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

UDFAs in the modern world are pretty key. KC really gets the most out of them. I liked Worthy and always felt the Chiefs would snag him in the first round, but the trade ups were confusing. Ultimately, the Chiefs got the guys they needed. Wish Bean had signed as a flanker/3rd String QB.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Legette ran a sub 4.4 40.
I think he could certainly be used to stretch the field - like a far better version of MVS.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Who?

Chiefs Sign "Cult Hero" in UCLA RB Carson Steele as Undrafted Free Agent

The Kansas City Chiefs signed former UCLA RB Carson Steele as an undrafted free agent.

The 6'1, 221-pound Steele scored 26 touchdowns on the ground in his three years at Ball State, then UCLA, and averaged better than 5 yards per carry throughout his college career.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:27 am I like the TE pick and Hicks is a top 50 type potential in this draft but I think one of those picks should have been TJ Tampa.

I bet we woulda taken Tampa at 131 or 133.

The Ravens are so goddamn good at this.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:38 am Legette ran a sub 4.4 40.
I think he could certainly be used to stretch the field - like a far better version of MVS.
I would much rather have had Mitchell than Legette, if you wanted to go a bigger-body type.

Tired of guys who don't know how to play the position, and Legette having so little production - he had 423 yards in his first four college seasons combined - is a bright red flag.

And we should all know by now how much Veach cares about age. Legette is more than two years older than Worthy. That matters, a lot.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I also woulda preferred Adonai despite these rumors about how he handles his diabetes poorly.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:45 am

I bet we woulda taken Tampa at 131 or 133.

The Ravens are so goddamn good at this.
The one time you don’t trade up.
The cost would have been extra minimal.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kelce doesn't take a pay cut anymore.
Signs an extension to make him the highest paid TE in the league.
Good for him but there goes some of that extra salary cap space we had.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:04 pm Kelce doesn't take a pay cut anymore.
I assume this means moving some cap hit to this year (from next year, when we'll need it a lot more).

I also would not be surprised if there's some wink-wink here - doing him a solid on the mutual understanding that this is the last one at/near the top of the scale.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:04 pm Kelce doesn't take a pay cut anymore.
Wasn't this just a two extension of his contract into 2026 and 2027? Doesn't seem like it would impact next season's salary cap in a negative manner but I havent seen terms yet.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea, it depends on how they spread the money around.
Like JFish said, i'd probably prefer to take a bit more of the hit this season since we have the space.
After rookie signings it looks like we'll have in the neighborhood of 12-13 million.