Uncle Joe

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by Shirley »

Biden did excellent tonight at the White House Correspondents' Dinner.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

That's great! Glad he did "excellent" (I assume that means he was able to read scripted jokes off a teleprompter without saying "pause"?) and I hope he and the "correspondents" had a nice evening escaping the ills of this country.
I tried to have a nice evening but couldn't even go to a movie at 7:30pm in a neighborhood of $3000 a month one bed room apartments and multi million dollar condos.
I won't blame what occurred last night on Biden but I will say he doesn't help the situation - and I didn't vote for Brandon Homey the Stupid Fucking Clown Johnson.

https://twitter.com/ChicagoContrar1/sta ... 7041307909
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Gutter: you need to be an activist searching for answers. The easiest freaking thing thing to do in this world is to bitch about the status quo. Or be a Skeptic. The most insufferable group of proselytizers I have ever endured are atheists. I always thought it would be funny if the Amazing Randy came back as a ghost. And no one believed it. One lives to make a positive difference in the lives of others, not shoot puppies.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I don't have answers - other than some extreme ideas/suggestions that will never happen. I'll keep searching.
I'm bitching because "things" used to be better and as bad as it/they is/are now, it's getting worse.
You are 100% right about living to make positive differences in the lives of others. I'm attempting to do that in some regards but not enough regards - right now. Focusing on dealing with some health issues at the moment and if everything is semi ok, then I will make an effort to do more good for others - to feel better about myself and the world around me.
The thing that makes me smirk to myself is that a part of my job is to help Uncle Joe (and other Dems) get re-elected. While I prefer him over the alternative/s, he's not someone I am enamored with.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:10 pm I don't have answers - other than some extreme ideas/suggestions that will never happen. I'll keep searching.
The thing that makes me smirk to myself is that a part of my job is to help Uncle Joe (and other Dems) get re-elected. While I prefer him over the alternative/s, he's not someone I am enamored with.
It’s human nature to believe that things are bad because we KNOW that it can be better. However, we should also realize that when you have a serious wound on your face and it keeps getting worse because you’re constantly picking at it with your fingers, the solution is not amputation of your hand.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:53 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:10 pm I don't have answers - other than some extreme ideas/suggestions that will never happen. I'll keep searching.
It’s human nature to believe that things are bad because we KNOW that it can be better. However, we should also realize that when you have a serious wound on your face and it keeps getting worse because you’re constantly picking at it with your fingers, the solution is not amputation of your hand.
I'm so stealing that!
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I'm bitching because "things" used to be better and as bad as it/they is/are now, it's getting worse.
You are 100% right about living to make positive differences in the lives of others. I'm attempting to do that in some regards but not enough regards - right now. Focusing on dealing with some health issues at the moment and if everything is semi ok, then I will make an effort to do more good for others - to feel better about myself and the world around me.
Gutter, you and I have PM’d several times about this.

Your constant negative energy will always prevent positive energy to get through.

Your pattern of ill-health kind of supports this assessment
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i wise man once said, we are each responsible for our own happiness…and our own misery
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Thanks, Joe!

Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shirley wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:22 am Thanks, Joe!

is that like Black Friday when they raise the prices of $50 items to $120 then discount it to $89.99 so it looks like one helluva deal for people to be excited about?
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i paid $8.99 for a single baconator at wendys the other evening. thanks joe.

i paid $15.00 for two 4 piece happy meals at mcdonalds last weekend. thanks joe.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

So, you’re an open borders guy then?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:15 am i paid $8.99 for a single baconator at wendys the other evening. thanks joe.

i paid $15.00 for two 4 piece happy meals at mcdonalds last weekend. thanks joe.
You need to eat better. Had a really nice restaurant dinner for two for $23 tonight. Bought a cowboy cut ribeye for $14 I am going to grill tomorrow. Bottom line: given the wars unleashed by Russia and oil instability, no nation is better off than we are right now.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:32 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:15 am i paid $8.99 for a single baconator at wendys the other evening. thanks joe.

You need to eat better. Had a really nice restaurant dinner for two for $23 tonight. Bought a cowboy cut ribeye for $14 I am going to grill tomorrow.
That was mean!

Everyone knows Mich's family won't let him near fire.
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Shirley wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:34 pm

You need to eat better. Had a really nice restaurant dinner for two for $23 tonight. Bought a cowboy cut ribeye for $14 I am going to grill tomorrow.
That was mean!

Everyone knows Mich's family won't let him near fire.
FartzinPantzer?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:16 am So, you’re an open borders guy then?
Exactly
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Thanks, Joe: (Have you heard the one about how President Biden hates oil production?)

From Seeking Alpha:

Oil prices posted their steepest weekly loss in three months, as the market, already concerned about weakening demand, coped with mounting speculation that OPEC's June meeting could expose cracks in the alliance, with the United Arab Emirates saying it had raised production capacity.

When the UAE "brings 200,000 barrels extra to the table, that raises their baseline," Mizuho's Robert Yawger told Dow Jones. "It's no coincidence they pushed that number out there a month before the meeting."

Most sources have indicated that OPEC+ could extend its voluntary oil output cuts beyond June if demand does not increase.

Oil futures already were sliding this week after the U.S. Energy Information Administration reported a 7.3M-barrel build in crude stocks, the largest weekly increase since February, and the Fed reiterated its reluctance to cut interest rates any time soon...
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

You need to eat better. Had a really nice restaurant dinner for two for $23 tonight. Bought a cowboy cut ribeye for $14 I am going to grill tomorrow. Bottom line: given the wars unleashed by Russia and oil instability, no nation is better off than we are right now.
You say "no nation is better off right now than we are". I could say wrong, but you have your reason/s for believing that - and I simply don't believe it is true.

Speaking of wrong, why do people feel it's more wrong for someone to eat what they like to eat than it is wrong for them to have to pay ridiculous amounts of money to do it?

I just grabbed a couple of grocery receipts.

Paid $4.28 for .66lb of watermelon
Paid $4.41 for .68lb of cantaloupe
Paid $4.99 for a bag of popcorn
Paid $2.29 for a bottle of flavored coconut water
Paid $5.79 for a box of Special K
Paid $17.99 for a box of 20 K-Cups
Paid $1.49 a piece for Chobani yogurt
Paid $1.99 for a Honey Crisp apple
Paid $4.99 for about 20 ounces of Ketchup
Paid $4.79 for a bottle of creamer
Paid $1.68 for 0.14lb of garlic
Paid $3.99 for 8 hamburger buns
paid $7.99 for 1.04lb of ground beef
paid $1.99 for a single onion

I don't give a damn if people want to thank Joe Biden or blame Joe Biden for what they pay for food in the USA, but if ANYONE on here is ok with the increase in food prices in this country over the past 4 years, regardless of what has and hasn't happened and is and isn't happening in this country and the world, then I say congratulations! I'm sincerely glad it hasn't affected you in the same manner it has affected me and MANY other people in this country.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sorry you're hurting Gutter. There's no doubt inflation has been taking a toll on everyone, but despite how you might feel about it, telling yourself things that aren't true while satisfying, is kind of silly:
Gutter wrote:...You say "no nation is better off right now than we are". I could say wrong, but you have your reason/s for believing that - and I simply don't believe it is true...
International Monetary Fund Inflation rate, average consumer prices

Anand Giridharadas