KU FB offseason

Kansas Football.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Re: KU FB offseason

Post by InfiniteJ »

Dylan Edwards in the portal again...I assume he goes to KSU (again, kinda)...KU's RB room is probably a little to crowded for his liking.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I’m not really big on the hate of rivals anymore. Definitely not like when I was young.

Playing 4 games at Arrowhead just seems so so so so wrong, though. Of course, you alm that are local sports fans 100% have had to ignore that your pro teams are mostly all play in Missouri to begin with. Tainted.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Arrowhead is a great venue though. Available seats, get the kids a head start on pro life.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Sparko wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:40 am Arrowhead is a great venue though. Available seats, get the kids a head start on pro life.
It is a great stadium, and works for the NFL (football in general). It’s also in Missouri.

As far as getting kids a start on pro life, nah. It’s not going to be their facility. And if that’s really a selling point, they all might as well leave after next season, as we are going to a 35-42k stadium. PS- I hope the finance problems, etc are being overstated like much of our ‘news’ is these days.

Hope you Chiefs fans enjoy the last few years of it.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

We got two transfers out of spring portal. Bai Jobe a DE from Mich ST and Amir Herring a OL from Mich.

Bai was a top 100 recruit coming out of HS and is a RS Freshman. This is Booker's replacement.

Amir is also RS Freshman and was a 4 star coming out of HS.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Anyone happen to know when they are gonna demo the east side stands? I thou go t it was slated for right after graduation, but no movement yet. And I might have been mistaken.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

East side is phase two. It is not part of what they are going to do before the start of next years football season. Although is should be able to be done in one offseason not sure when they plan on doing it.
From what I heard they are $100 million short on funding phase 1 so it maybe awhile till they start phase 2.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I always thought phase two was the hotel/convention center/what the fuck ever else is planned (and will take 20 years to complete).

And part of why they moved games to KC was to ensure stadium will be finished for 25 season.

I had read about apparent shortfalls, but figure much of that is typical opposing fan trolling and misinformation.

Edit: the reason I’ve thought this about stadium is that how the ‘phase one’ details read, it talks of south side of stadium being phase two…but when they switched to KC games and complete construction by 25 of stadium (my understanding after) l, they demolished South bowl. It’s definitely different than originally planned and written on gateway district site. I just don’t know to what degree.