NBA Playoffs 24

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: NBA Playoffs 24

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Hoping to see one of the biggest if not the biggest choke job/s in NBA Playoff history.
This is some good shit.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

6ers shoot 27 percent from 3.
Coach doesn’t even play their best 3 point shooter a minute.
Good move coach.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Paul George ice in veins.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Jinxed him.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Kudos to the Knicks fans who showed up in Philly. They were loud during the game. Maybe louder after it.

https://twitter.com/NBA_NewYork/status/ ... 9872134305
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:53 pm 6ers shoot 27 percent from 3.
Coach doesn’t even play their best 3 point shooter a minute.
Good move coach.
Went with Melton.

The announcers even talked about it a bit during the game. That Hield doesn't play the way they want him to play. Too much shot hunting for himself, not enough moving the ball to Embiid and Maxey.

Hield seems like he'd maybe be a better fit on a shitty team where he can take 15 shots a game, rather than the 7th or 8th guy in the rotation getting spot minutes here and there.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

6ers bout to loose rather than find out.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:47 pm 6ers bout to loose rather than find out.
Wonder if they'll just move on from him in the offseason? He seemed like an intriguing addition for them when it happened, but it hasn't worked out.

I wonder if he's a locker room issue? It's weird how teams where he's done well have all chosen to move on from him.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:33 pm
pdub wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:47 pm 6ers bout to loose rather than find out.
Wonder if they'll just move on from him in the offseason? He seemed like an intriguing addition for them when it happened, but it hasn't worked out.

I wonder if he's a locker room issue? It's weird how teams where he's done well have all chosen to move on from him.
There's a pattern... the teams that move on from him all tend to get better
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

If you had to pick one player, age 25 or under, NOT named Luka, to start your franchise, would you pick Ant, Shai, Ja, Trae, or one of the two Tys?

On a related noted, the Suns should be embarrassed and fair or not, Vogel should probably be unemployed starting today, but there is pretty much zero chance he will be.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:36 am If you had to pick one player, age 25 or under, NOT named Luka, to start your franchise, would you pick Ant, Shai, Ja, Trae, or one of the two Tys?

On a related noted, the Suns should be embarrassed and fair or not, Vogel should probably be unemployed starting today, but there is pretty much zero chance he will be.
Well most people would probably pick wemby. But of the people you mentioned, I'd say Anthony Edward's easily
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Ant Shai or Wemby for me.

It should easily be Wemby, but that size of dude always scares me with injuries.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:22 am Ant Shai or Wemby for me.

It should easily be Wemby, but that size of dude always scares me with injuries.
I think right now Shai is the best player of those 3 so i'd pick him right now if just for a game/series/one season.

But Anthony Edwards is 3 years younger than Shai -- so it might have to be Edwards for future franchise.
I agree on Wemby's frame and size being a worry -- but he's French. Ew.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Suns are kinda fucked now.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I will say this, I enjoyed watching Edwards light up the Suns and and them home.

Great coaching by Minny to figure out how to use KAT and Gobert together. I am shocked that it works as well as it does.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Towns is making 42% of his 3's.
He's the best shooting 'center' in the game.
Nuggets / Wolves will be fun.

And then i'd love Thunder / Clips and for the Thunder to take the Clips and former Thunder players Paul George and Harden out.

Dream East Finals matchup for me is Celts / Knicks.
Two cities with history.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:10 am Suns are kinda fucked now.
My words to two friends via text this morning.....

Suns went from having one of the best teams ON PAPER when the season started to having a really shitty ending to their season. Good luck trying to figure out what is best for the future of the franchise. I know ownership and management are huge Vogel fans but they might need to start by canning him after just one season.
No real shame in losing to the Wolves but getting swept is unacceptable. Excuses are for losers ( ;) - Gutter's too often saying).
Durant had a nice game last night numbers wise but there were lapses where he wasn't even trying. Next year the guy is going to be 36 years old getting paid 50 million. My guess is the Suns are stuck with him but as good as Beal and Booker can be, they proved the trio isn't championship material. At least they weren't this season.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

As far as my question, I left out Wemby by accident. Not sure how/why I forgot him.
Yeah, I suppose he would probably be most people's choice.
Ant has proven to me he has the Jordan and Kobe mentality (and of course he's a hell of a player).
Maybe Trae has that mentality too but I'm not sure about the other guys. My choice TODAY would be Ant.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Trae is pretty bad on defense and can chuck his way out of games.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:10 am Trae is pretty bad on defense and can chuck his way out of games.
Yes. He doesn't deserve to be in the convo with the types of players we are discussing.