Team USA

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: Team USA

Post by randylahey »

And I think you put wayyyy too much stock into metrics. Stats are intriguing to look at. But there's a lot more to basketball than running numbers
Last edited by randylahey on Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Booker had that it factor a few years ago. Now it's mostly gone, especially playing with KD and losing.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:25 pm And I think you put wayyyy too much stock in metrics. Stars are intriguing to look at. But there's a lot more to basketball than running numbers
Yes but you certainly aren’t a basketball savant as we all know so when you spout off about something with confidence it’s like a small child wandering into the middle of a movie with no frame of reference.

Tatum probably finishes 4th in MVP voting.
Booker is an elite scorer and facilitator.

For me, I think Tatum is a better player than Edwards and Durant but I’m guessing he has less a chance to start than either of them bc Durant gets first look at the spot bc he’s a vet and you want a bit more speed at SG.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:12 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:25 pm And I think you put wayyyy too much stock in metrics. Stars are intriguing to look at. But there's a lot more to basketball than running numbers
Yes but you certainly aren’t a basketball savant as we all know so when you spout off about something with confidence it’s like a small child wandering into the middle of a movie with no frame of reference.

Tatum probably finishes 4th in MVP voting.
Booker is an elite scorer and facilitator.

For me, I think Tatum is a better player than Edwards and Durant but I’m guessing he has less a chance to start than either of them bc Durant gets first look at the spot bc he’s a vet and you want a bit more speed at SG.
Tatum has never played the 2 guard in his life so why do you keep comparing the two?

Look at the roster construction. There are quite a few guards. Tatum isn't on team usa to play the 2
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:04 pm Booker had that it factor a few years ago. Now it's mostly gone, especially playing with KD and losing.
Wonder if the Suns regret those trades yet. KD sounded good on paper but before that trade they were in the finals with booker, bridges, and Ayton. And very promising young core
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

…we all know so when you spout off about something with confidence it’s like a small child wandering into the middle of a movie with no frame of reference.

so, so awesome

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

We can all guess until we are blue in the face.
I'm taking the coaching staff in to consideration. Not sure how much say Few, Lue, and Spo, will have in regards to who starts (and my guess is it's ultimately Kerr's decision) but I do know in the past, often starters play less minutes than bench guys. So..... Does it really matter who starts? Other than they are starting?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Everyone has seen lebowski. Great movie. But stealing a line and using it as your own? Lol

Pdub probably wants buddy hield as his starting 2 guard
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:26 am Everyone has seen lebowski. Great movie. But stealing a line and using it as your own? Lol
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I've never seen the Big Lebowski.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:55 am I've never seen the Big Lebowski.
Oh my god.

I say that because...I haven't either, and when I tell people that they act like I have three noses.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think you both should watch it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:48 pm
Oh my god.

I say that because...I haven't either, and when I tell people that they act like I have three noses.
me too, I've gotten that response many times.

and Pdub, it's not that I'm intentionally avoiding it, I just haven't seen it. Someday I probably will.

I think there was a stretch there where it seemed like the market was overwhelmed with stoner movies. Or maybe just I had friends that were stoner that watched the same movies over and over and over.

I never was a stoner, and I tried watching some of the movies with them and I disliked nearly all of them. So, I think I lumped Lebowski in with that lot and just haven't had the desire to watch it.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't really consider it a stoner movie.
He certainly gets stoned / does drugs but it's just an odd funny flick with fantastic characters.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Oh my god.

^^^
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Shirley wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:51 pm
Oh my god.

^^^
I've definitely seen parts here and there over the years...but don't think I've ever sat and watched it from beginning until end.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

If you guys post on here, you obviously have some free time. Sit down and watch big lebowski. Won't regret it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:03 pm I think you both should watch it.
Shocking that they haven’t.
Greatest movie ever.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If you like the Coen brothers, it’s maybe their best

But because it’s Coen brothers, there’s a lot of quirk and subtlety to it.

And the storyline kinda goes nowhere…the entertainment is more in the ridiculous situations and character interactions.

The first time I watched it I was like wtf is this. Then I talked about it with a friend who recommended it, watched it again, and thought it was hilarious since.