Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: 2024

Post by MICHHAWK »

America is the greatest country on earth. by a wide margin.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:18 am I read an interesting article the other day (which now I can't find or I'd post it, I can't even remember where I found it, so take it for what it's worth) about how the far left, during the Trump years, leaned so hard into the "fuck this, fuck America" spiel that it has created this entire section of "America Bad" people (wonder if Q is among those with this rallying cry). This group has bought in so hard to the America bad bit that they can't see past it to get to the facts or think rationally about issues. They won't support Biden, because...America Bad, they won't support Ukraine, because...America bad, they won't support Israel, because America bad...and so on.

The article posited that this movement is responsible for the blind (meaning, they don't understand why) protesting we are seeing currently, and is backfiring when it comes to voting blocks.

Anyway, random, but interesting article to me.
Privilege - the comfort and freedom to work your way pretty far up the ol' hierarchy of needs - is kind of a bitch, eh?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Man.

Been a super busy couple days, and a busy weekend to come.

I really wanna discuss more about these protests, in the least trollish way possible, cuz this shit fascinates me.

But, for the sake of this thread, I just gotta ask:

Is anyone else nervous about the very real chance Biden is gonna loose this shit?

Dude needs to get out in front of the Israel/Palestine thread in a big big way, but I struggle to see how he will

https://x.com/4mischief/status/17861632 ... 8ZiR9WCcTg
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:06 am Man.

Been a super busy couple days, and a busy weekend to come.

I really wanna discuss more about these protests, in the least trollish way possible, cuz this shit fascinates me.

But, for the sake of this thread, I just gotta ask:

Is anyone else nervous about the very real chance Biden is gonna loose this shit?

Dude needs to get out in front of the Israel/Palestine thread in a big big way, but I struggle to see how he will

https://x.com/4mischief/status/17861632 ... 8ZiR9WCcTg
My answer to your question is - Yes.
Yet, we have people on here who it seems refuse to believe that today, Trump just may have a better chance of winning the election than Biden does.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea.

And not to say Trump is a better candidate. Or any kind of candidate at all!

But it just feels like Biden is kinda shitting all over the types of voters he should be courting instead.

They’re not likely to vote for Trump. But they might just not vote. Or like pull a mich and vote for Kornye West or something.

But come on Uncle Joe and dems, your message of “we’re the only thing between fascism” or whatever rings hollow when you’re presiding over cops beating college students on their own campuses and shit.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also, thought experiment:

I wonder how the BLM protests would have gone with a dem in office…
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:25 am Yea.

But it just feels like Biden is kinda shitting all over the types of voters he should be courting instead.

They’re not likely to vote for Trump. But they might just not vote. Or like pull a mich and vote for Kornye West or something.

But come on Uncle Joe and dems, your message of “we’re the only thing between fascism” or whatever rings hollow when you’re presiding over cops beating college students on their own campuses and shit.
Biden isn't doing anything to shit on young voters. Young voters protesting in support of murderers being murdered by other murderers is just unfocused youth looking to virtue signal their faux empathy. Hamas has murdered innocent Israelis. Israel has murdered innocent Palestinians. No one is behaving in a manner that should be blindly supported and Biden's admin is not blindly supporting Israel and their behavior.

Stupid, spoiled, selfish American kids screaming on their college campuses is one of the most ignorant, uneducated, pointless endeavors. It will change nothing, affect nothing and mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yes, scream at that cloud!
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

why bother. young people don't vote.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:25 am Yea.

For the record, I don't support Cops "beating" college students (by the way - many of who they are "beating" are NOT college students) but I fully support the Cops doing what they need to do to apprehend and arrest protesters who are breaking the law/s and are basically telling the Cops to go fuck themselves.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

in my world, protesters on college campuses are subject to the same laws as the rest of us.

you break the law. you pay the price.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:43 am Yes, scream at that cloud!
Do you think that someone positive is going to come of all these college idiots getting themselves arrested and possibly thrown out of college? Do you think any university even HAS any ability to impact Israel/Palestine negotiations?

Seriously, I am all ears. Convince me that this is more than pointless.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:30 am Stupid, spoiled, selfish American kids screaming on their college campuses is one of the most ignorant, uneducated, pointless endeavors. It will change nothing, affect nothing and mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.
JFC

That's simply not true.

(Even if it absolutely is true in this specific scenario)
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:02 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:30 am Stupid, spoiled, selfish American kids screaming on their college campuses is one of the most ignorant, uneducated, pointless endeavors. It will change nothing, affect nothing and mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.
JFC

That's simply not true.

(Even if it absolutely is true in this specific scenario)
Do you feel that these protests are going to result in ANY meaningful change in US policy towards Israel? Does anyone?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i am excited to vote for cornie west. i don't know anything about him. i don't know what he stands for. what i do know is he ain't either of our last two presidents.

i may vote for:
corny west
rfk
HCBS
levon helm
SC
ned stark

anyone besides either of our last 2 presidents.

i suggest you all do the same.
Last edited by MICHHAWK on Fri May 03, 2024 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i do know that he has the best hair in the race.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:24 pm i am excited to vote for cornie west. i don't know anything about him. i don't know what he stands for. what i do know is he ain't either of our last two presidents.

i may vote for:
corny west
rfk
HCBS
levon helm
SC
ned stark

anyone besides either of our last 2 presidents.

i suggest you all do the same.
I am in on Ned Stark.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I think having a head connected to your body is probably a requirement of the job.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Today In: Kristi Noem, lying piece of shit.

"Family Values", pious, holier than thou Christian Gov Kristi Noem, who fucks around on her husband, shoots her dog, and apparently, lies like she blinks.

In her new book, she talks about meeting Kim Jong-un in 2014:

"I remember when I met with N Korean dictator Kim Jong-un. I'm sure he underestimated me, having no clue about my experience staring down little tyrants, (I'd been a children's pastor, after all.")

Really, Kristi? Apparently, he never left N Korea until 2018, and you've never been to N Korea.

According to an independent newspaper The Dakota Scout, they interviewed a dozen of Noem's staffers who said they had no knowledge of the meeting, or said Noem had never mentioned the meeting before.

She also lies about French President Macron in her book. Says that she was scheduled to meet with Macron in Paris but when Macron called for a cease fire in the Israel/Hamas war, she cancelled. The Dakota Scout talked to Macron's staff and they say a meeting was never scheduled...

Jefferson County, Colorado Republicans have cancelled a fund-raiser they were hosting for her tomorrow, for safety reasons.

Tangled web much?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Worse, Trump has a hard-on for dictators. Here is a bad lie that would hurt even if true. Where is the nearest gravel pit? She must be real angry.