Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:18 am#oblivious
oblivious to what?
ousdahl

Re: serve and protect

Post by ousdahl »

also, shit going down at UCLA

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/5/1 ... supporters

A demonstration against Israel’s war on Gaza at the University of California in Los Angeles (UCLA) turned violent when a vigilante pro-Israel mob attacked a solidarity encampment occupied by peaceful pro-Palestinian protesters.

Witnesses said the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) only intervened after nearly four hours of the attacks, which started overnight into Wednesday when masked pro-Israel counter-demonstrators, who appeared in their hundreds from outside the university campus, hurled fireworks into the encampment.

The attackers, carrying Israeli flags, then tried to tear down the pro-Palestinian camp, assaulting students with pepper spray, sticks, stones and metal fencing. Police stood by, failing to protect students, who re-commandeered the metal fencing thrown at them to shield themselves, said Joey Scott, an investigative journalist speaking to Al Jazeera from the scene.

it sucks to say, but this very well may end with some Kent State 2.0 kinda shit.

But I hope I'm wrong.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

what is less impactful than protesting on a college campus. nothing.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:21 am
KUTradition wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:18 am#oblivious
oblivious to what?
to all the criticisms directed your way

you’re either being willfully ignorant and just don’t care how you come across, or you’re entirely oblivious

not sure which is worse
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what criticisms?

like being called a "dumbass?"

I'm def not oblivious to it, I just don't think it's worth much.

There's just not much I can do about it, I guess, except ask the name-callers to refrain, and try to avoid such pettiness myself.

I think the only other valid criticism here is that I'm a fool for trying to discuss issues that might question world views when the ones holding those views either cannot or will not understand anything but

now quick, somebody double down like, "yea, exactly, yer a fool!"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:35 am what criticisms?

There's just not much I can do about it, I guess, except ask the name-callers to refrain, and try to avoid such pettiness myself.

I think the only other valid criticism here is that I'm a fool for trying to discuss issues that might question world views when the ones holding those views either cannot or will not understand anything but

Anyone ever notice that those who claim to question everything rarely ever listen to the answers they are provided?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

anyone ever notice that if you seek real answers to real questions. you probably should not go to a college basketball sports chat forum.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:53 am

Anyone ever notice that those who claim to question everything rarely ever listen to the answers they are provided?
What answers have been provided, particularly in this discussion on the establishment response to anti-war protests?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Read the room ousy.
Don't expect people to see your point of view/s if you refuse to see/hear and understand their's.
You are NOT trying to "discuss" issues. You are trying to express your one sided view/s - and dare I say knowingly trolling?

Your post at 7:54am - I have said it before and I will say it again. Two wrongs don't make a right but I find it interesting that you continue to focus on the response and not what causes the response.

You want to focus on genocide you feel Israel is committing in Gaza but you refuse to focus on how Hamas would eventually wipe Israel off the planet if they had the means to do it.

You provide a link from Al Jazeera in regards to the RESPONSE of what had occurred and your post includes the words "occupied by peaceful pro-Palestinian protesters". NO!!!! Hardly fucking "peaceful". NOT "peaceful at all"!
I know people who are there. People who are both "demonstrating" for Palestine and people who are there to show they are "pro Israel". I have been told it's been far from peaceful and yes, BOTH sides are responsible for the LACK of peace. Please stop with believing the pro Palestine people are being peaceful bullshit! Sure some are but some are not. I have no problem saying SOME of the pro Israel people are NOT being peaceful either.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

they are savages on the gaza strip. they are savages on the sunset strip.

they can pummel each other into smithereens for all i care.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:57 am anyone ever notice that if you seek real answers to real questions. you probably should not go to a college basketball sports chat forum.
Haha. This.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i just saw a reuters headline that read:

"california police flatten pro palestinian encampment on ucla campus"

or something like that. i didn't think california had that in them. i love it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:01 am
twocoach wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:53 am

What answers have been provided, particularly in this discussion on the establishment response to anti-war protests?
"The establishment response"? "The establishment" doesn't respond to anti-war protests. The media report on them. The universities have from what I have seen, attempted to engage in discussions about what specifically the protestors want. And then finally the police have gotten involved when groups have become more difficult to manage or have begun to break laws that are in place.

Any protestor who thinks that a protest on the campus of a university is going to result in a change in policy by the Federal Government or a change in action by the Israeli government is an idiot.

From what I have seen, colleges have attempted to deal with the protests and when protesters have refused to participate in those discussions or have begun to break the law then the police have gotten involved.

You can't break into a building and be mad that "the establishment" arrested you.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

It was reported widely, by reputable news outlets (among my sources, NPR), that pro-Israeli “protesters” in the UCLA incident were clearly armed with sticks and other weapons while the pro-Palestinian protesters were not. It was reported that the former group was there looking for a fight and violence. This corroborates the Al Jazeera reporting.

I don’t want to get into the rest of the debate but there’s no reason to doubt the story just based on who’s doing the reporting.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

except. al jazeera is owned by al quida.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Again, such a mystery, what sorts of proper nouns you intentionally misspell.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Let’s chat some more soon!

Til then…

New Qusdahl crush just dropped.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

(To be fair tho, not sure exactly where or when that image is from…friendly reminder to be skeptical of everything on the interwebs)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Let’s catch up this evening!

Til then, let’s check out these antisemitic pro-terror protests in…uh, Tel Aviv?!

https://apnews.com/video/israel-governm ... 1ad3ca12dc
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Again, what did anybody expect when the attack took place? Bibi I believe let it happen. Russia I believe let it happen. Iran ordered it. And the protests are about 80-years late. But gosh, those settlements were sure bad. Not bad enough to get students pissed off. For that, you need active information ops. Trump's solution is always the final solution. The only way out of this predicament is for Bibi to go. Protest him, Trump and Putin.