Israel/Palestine

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Re: Israel/Palestine

Post by dolomite »

Here’s a quote from my daughter to her son and daughter in college. “If I see either of you on tv protesting hateful things and wishing death to another group, don’t bother coming home.”
I might add they’re both “A” students
And I’m mighty proud!
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

KUTradition wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:06 am bump?

:lol:
I’m still waiting for you to come up with a
news outlet that has bullshit free news.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

dolomite wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:09 am

Try cspan.com

And we're still waiting for you to come up with a Republican that utters bullshit free information that actually deals with reality, rather than being propaganda calculated to fire up the base and get them time on Faux News.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:14 pm

Try cspan.com

And we're still waiting for you to come up with a Republican that utters bullshit free information that actually deals with reality, rather than being propaganda calculated to fire up the base and get them time on Faux News.
If we are only allowed to discuss the news based on unbiased sources of news, then all discussion will cease, because such things don’t exist; the task is critical thinking.

Of course this is precisely WHY certain people bothsides the hell out of things in bad faith; the whole program here is to get good-faith people to shrug and disengage.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Shirley wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:14 pm

Try cspan.com

That’s a laugh. Substitute Republican with politician .
P.s. My partner and I are Independent.,no one comes too mind.
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

So wondering why Israel would have to release so many prisoners in order to get just a handful of hostages.
In a ceasefire would the IDF have to withdraw out of Gaza or would they just hang out and mill around without getting shot at?
Taylor Sheridan
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

dolomite wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:09 pm So wondering why Israel would have to release so many prisoners in order to get just a handful of hostages.
In a ceasefire would the IDF have to withdraw out of Gaza or would they just hang out and mill around without getting shot at?
Some people might say that Hamas does not value life to the same degree as the Israelis.
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m still waiting for you to exercise some common sense and critical thinking

fortunately i’m not holding my breath
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s amazing to me that any reasonable person would support hamas remaining in control of Gaza

i don’t agree with bibi on much, but he’s not wrong about hamas
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I have attempted to have multiple conversations with "Pro-Palestinian"/"Anti-Israel" "protesters and they all start off semi respectful.
They typically begin with my being asked if I am ok with what Israel is doing in Gaza and I typically give a single word response - "no" - and I don't say another word.
If they try and carry on a conversation, I usually say I am also not ok with what happened on October 7th and that I am not ok with Hamas and the fact that many people in Gaza fully support Hamas.
I have been given a "The Israelis are the terrorists", and a "The Israelis are committing genocide", and a "Are you Jewish", and a "Blah blah blah blah blah", but more often than not, the person walks away from me after I say that.
Funny (actually not funny), they don't care to talk about October 7th nor Hamas.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Russia is the only nation on earth benefiting from the situation. They are outraged that Israel could invade sovereign spaces for the purpose of genocide. Making helpful contacts on campus and signs as we speak. Shocked I tell you. The 7 October attacks were a lucky Godsend for them. Occam's razor tells a different story.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Opinion A suit alleges anti-Israel protest groups provide material support to Hamas

Where does the First Amendment end and providing material support to terrorists begin?

The sight of masked, encamped protesters breaking into buildings, barring Jewish students from classes and spewing Jew-hatred has drawn condemnation from President Biden, revealed too many college administrators’ fecklessness and confirmed that a strain of virulent antisemitism courses through pro-Palestinian protests (which too many pundits chose to ignore or rationalize).

But according to a new lawsuit, the protests might have also revealed a disturbing relationship between Hamas and two U.S.-based groups, American Muslims for Palestine (AMP) and National Students for Justice in Palestine (NSJP).

International law firm Greenberg Traurig, in a news release last week, announced a lawsuit seeking “compensatory damages for nine American and Israeli victims of the attack in which Hamas killed 1,200 people and took 240 people hostage, alleg[ing] that AMP and NSJP work in the United States as collaborators and propagandists for Hamas. Hamas is a United States designated Foreign Terrorist Organization.” The suit further argues that defendants “are merely the current version of several prior entities that were already determined by the U.S. government to be supporters of Hamas.” According to the complaint, AMP is the “rebranded” group designed to fill the loss of the previously shut down Islamic Association for Palestine. The complaint alleges overlap in leadership and staffing. (Furthermore, according to the suit, AMP announced in 2010 the “creation of NSJP — AMP’s new on-campus sub-brand — designed to control the management, financing, and messaging of SJP chapters across the country.”)

The defendants have vigorously denied the charges. However, if proved, the allegation could end up as shocking as the bans on the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development and certain other Palestinian charities for supporting international terrorist organizations.

The suit raises obvious First Amendment concerns. The law firm points out that “free speech has never included the active support of terrorism, and it has never protected the destruction of private property or the brutalization of innocent men, women, and children of many faiths, not just Jews.” The lawsuit claims AMP and NSJP are not independent activist groups but instead “support and further the goals and directives of Hamas” and have been “intentionally extending their aid to fomenting chaos, violence, and terror in the United States.”

“There is a legal chasm between independent advocacy and knowingly serving as the propaganda and recruiting wing of a Foreign Terrorist Organization in the United States. AMP and NSJP are the latter,” the plaintiffs allege. “They are not innocent advocacy groups, but rather the propaganda arm of a terrorist organization operating in plain sight.”

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

.After seven months of war it remains true that both Israel and Hamas thinks they are winning. That means this war will likely continue and the terrible situation in Gaza will get worse.

Mitchell MInute 1868-Seven Months of War
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sure, Bibi gets to destroy more of Gaza and kill more innocent Palestinians, Hamas gets to point out to the world what an asshole Bibi is for destroying more of Gaza and killing more innocent Palestinians. Win-Win, unless you're a Palestinian.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:55 am Sure, Bibi gets to destroy more of Gaza and kill more innocent Palestinians, Hamas gets to point out to the world what an asshole Bibi is for destroying more of Gaza and killing more innocent Palestinians. Win-Win, unless you're Biden or a Palestinian.
^^^
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I don't see Uncle Joe benefiting from this.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:45 am I don't see Uncle Joe benefiting from this.
Me either, that's why it's not a "Win-Win" for him.
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

OOOHHHH, ok, I get it.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Good for HIM. Maybe I mean bad for HIM?
What I think I mean is that he probably doesn't really know what is best for HIM or what is not best for HIM in regards to this issue - and as others have said, it's pretty much a no win situation for HIM.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.