NBA Playoffs 24

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: NBA Playoffs 24

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Yeah, but I feel Redick MIGHT be a better choice than hiring any of 25 current NBA Head Coaches.
I can't name more than 8 Head Coaches that I feel are better than average coaches. There has to be some really good assistants out there who might not be bad options. I'm too lazy to think about who they may be.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:42 am
DeletedUser wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:53 pm
pdub wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:40 pm Who is coach NEXT for the LAKERS?!
JJ Redick
So they want to hire a coach who has never coached before to replace a guy whose biggest mistakes were "he's never coached in the NBA before" type mistakes. That is perfectly on par with the Lakers these days.
Everyone has to start somewhere I suppose.

Fwiw, I am not saying I think he's the best guy for the job, but he's absolutely being talked about as a potential candidate. And he's an incredibly intelligent basketball mind.

Sure, I'd like to see him as an assistant somewhere for a few years first. Jacque Vaughn did his time in SA under Pop and he's turned into a really good coach that was a younger former player when he got his first HC job.

I think Reddick wouldn't be any worse than Ham. And I am not even saying Ham is "bad". I don't know that I think any of the NBA coaches are bad tbh.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:03 am Kobe was Tatums idol.
Right before Kobe died he invited Tatum to spend the offseason together which he did.
You can imagine how a 25 year old might miss someone who was important in his life but that would take an iota of emotional intelligence which we know you lack in spades.
Kobe worked out with a tonnnn of young players in his later years. I get kobe was super influential to that generation, nothing wrong with that

Buy Tatum wore a Lakers arm band while playing in a Celtics jersey. That's insane

How would you feel if a KU player had a connection to a former mizzou guy, and wore a gold and black missouri armband while playing in a KU uniform
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

There's nothing wrong with Tatum having Kobe as an idol. Every player had guys before them they look up to. He's just taken it to a cringey level and you tried to say he is cool like Duncan lol

Tatum is an absolute stud, I can't see the Celtics losing before the finals, and they have a shot to win it all. But this whole Tatum/Kobe thing could actually be an Achilles heel, if they get into a tough series and he tries to BE Kobe and gets them out of their team concept
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not at all the same bud.
Kobe was generational and he and Tatum were particularly close.
I’ve been a Celtics fan since I was 10–no one really cares that he’s honoring one of the greatest to play the game, not even Celtics fans.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:05 am Not at all the same bud.
Kobe was generational and he and Tatum were particularly close.
I’ve been a Celtics fan since I was 10–no one really cares that he’s honoring one of the greatest to play the game, not even Celtics fans.
I also don't think the Celtics and Lakers rivalry exists in the same way that it did in the Bird Magic era. Or that modern NBA rivalries create the same emotions that say the KU/Mizzou rivalry does.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Correct.
I know New Englanders who can’t stand the Lakers but it’s just not nearly the same as KU Mizzou.

NY v Boston is a touch closer.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I didn't realize the Nuggets had some messourah stank on em
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:50 am
pdub wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:03 am Kobe was Tatums idol.
Right before Kobe died he invited Tatum to spend the offseason together which he did.
You can imagine how a 25 year old might miss someone who was important in his life but that would take an iota of emotional intelligence which we know you lack in spades.
Kobe worked out with a tonnnn of young players in his later years. I get kobe was super influential to that generation, nothing wrong with that

Buy Tatum wore a Lakers arm band while playing in a Celtics jersey. That's insane

How would you feel if a KU player had a connection to a former mizzou guy, and wore a gold and black missouri armband while playing in a KU uniform
YOU say he wore a LAKERS arm band. HE and my guess is most people feel he wore a KOBE arm band.
YOU feel it's "insane". He and my guess is most people don't feel it is "insane".
How would I feel if a KU player wore an arm band with the number of a Missou guy who was his hero and died? I would think it was great if it made him feel good to honor his hero. Why would/should I have a problem with it?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I'm with ya right up til that last bit.

If Kansas guard shows up with Anthony Peeler or Kim English armband he can fuck himself right back across state lines.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:52 am There's nothing wrong with Tatum having Kobe as an idol. Every player had guys before them they look up to. He's just taken it to a cringey level and you tried to say he is cool like Duncan lol

Tatum is an absolute stud, I can't see the Celtics losing before the finals, and they have a shot to win it all. But this whole Tatum/Kobe thing could actually be an Achilles heel, if they get into a tough series and he tries to BE Kobe and gets them out of their team concept
If he tries to be like Kobe would that be so terrible? You do realize Kobe won 5 championships and 2 Finals MVP awards.

This was when he tried to be like Kobe. Worked out pretty well for him and his team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnrQ0lFabus
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Damn, Minnesota is good.

/rant
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Shirley wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:36 pm Damn, Minnesota is good.

/rant
Go wolfs
Defense. Rebounds.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Shirley wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:36 pm Damn, Minnesota is good.

/rant
Yep. Killer defense. And Anthony edwards is the future of the nba. The young Michael Jordan comparisons sound outlandish, but if you watch him.. spot on. The similarities are real
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:00 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:52 am There's nothing wrong with Tatum having Kobe as an idol. Every player had guys before them they look up to. He's just taken it to a cringey level and you tried to say he is cool like Duncan lol

If he tries to be like Kobe would that be so terrible? You do realize Kobe won 5 championships and 2 Finals MVP awards.

This was when he tried to be like Kobe. Worked out pretty well for him and his team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnrQ0lFabus
Tatum also had some games he shot them right out of it. Trying to do too much. Hit tough shots and will their way to victory aka "try to be kobe"

That's why a lesser talented Miami team had been Bostons downfall a few times. They played good team ball and Tatum was trying to do too much

But yes I remember that game you posted. He was on that night and played ridiculously well.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I wonder if Anthony Edwards would be as good if they didn't let him push off before nearly every shot?
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The list of guys better/more talented Tatum is pretty small. The dude is an absolute stud. He just needs to forget about trying to be Kobe and just be Jayson tatum
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Braun's kicks are pretty out there.

Don't necessarily like.
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:43 pm I didn't realize the Nuggets had some messourah stank on em
Barely. Michael porter Jr played 3 whole games for them. 4 if you count the exhibition game against us

The Billy Preston vs Michael porter match up was pretty hyped lol
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This Denver Minny is gonna be great.