Ugh.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:44 am why bother. young people don't vote.
Please, tell all of your friends.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

twocoach wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:35 pm I think having a (functioning) head connected to your body is probably a requirement of the job.
Have you heard Baron Von Poopypants speak?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Shirley wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:30 pm Today In: Kristi Noem, lying piece of shit.

"Family Values", pious, holier than thou Christian Gov Kristi Noem, who fucks around on her husband, shoots her dog, and apparently, lies like she blinks.

In her new book, she talks about meeting Kim Jong-un in 2014:

"I remember when I met with N Korean dictator Kim Jong-un. I'm sure he underestimated me, having no clue about my experience staring down little tyrants, (I'd been a children's pastor, after all.")

Really, Kristi? Apparently, he never left N Korea until 2018, and you've never been to N Korea.

According to an independent newspaper The Dakota Scout, they interviewed a dozen of Noem's staffers who said they had no knowledge of the meeting, or said Noem had never mentioned the meeting before.

She also lies about French President Macron in her book. Says that she was scheduled to meet with Macron in Paris but when Macron called for a cease fire in the Israel/Hamas war, she cancelled. The Dakota Scout talked to Macron's staff and they say a meeting was never scheduled...

Jefferson County, Colorado Republicans have cancelled a fund-raiser they were hosting for her tomorrow, for safety reasons.

Tangled web much?
Sounds like the perfect person to be Trump's running mate. They can lie themselves into an alternative universe.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Today In: Retail Politics, Arizona Style!

Anyone else going? Maybe we could carpool?

Boxing, tacos and TV: Democratic Senate contender aims to win back Latino voters

When one of the most celebrated Mexican boxers in history, Canelo Álvarez, steps into the ring against the undefeated Mexican fighter Jaime Munguía on Saturday at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, excitement will be through the roof at a campaign event just 280 miles away.

That’s because the Democratic congressman Ruben Gallego, caught in one of the most critical US Senate races in the country against the former TV anchor Kari Lake, will be holding a watch party for the fight at JL Boxing Academy in Glendale, Arizona, complete with big screens inside, and a truck serving birria tacos and Mexican Cokes outside.

The event on Cinco de Mayo weekend, expected to bring more than 100 largely Latino residents and families, is not just happening because Gallego is a boxing fan, but rather serves as evidence of how the campaign from the former US marine and Iraq combat veteran aims to reach Latino voters and Hispanic men who have eroded from the Democratic party in recent election cycles...

“We all know Latino men have been trending away from [Democrats], and Ruben Gallego is reflective of those men,” Rocha said, noting that Gallego had to sleep on a couch in his living room until he went away for college because his sisters shared a room together and he didn’t have a bedroom.

“Ruben went off to war and served with men and women who are true blue-collar, working-class kids like him. We both know the reason Latino men are slipping from Democrats is because we’re not showing up in the places we need to, and not having conversations about things Latino men care about.”

...“We all know Latino men have been trending away from [Democrats], and Ruben Gallego is reflective of those men,” Rocha said, noting that Gallego had to sleep on a couch in his living room until he went away for college because his sisters shared a room together and he didn’t have a bedroom.

“Ruben went off to war and served with men and women who are true blue-collar, working-class kids like him. We both know the reason Latino men are slipping from Democrats is because we’re not showing up in the places we need to, and not having conversations about things Latino men care about.”

[...]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:02 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:30 am Stupid, spoiled, selfish American kids screaming on their college campuses is one of the most ignorant, uneducated, pointless endeavors. It will change nothing, affect nothing and mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.
JFC

That's simply not true.

(Even if it absolutely is true in this specific scenario)
I’m in theory with Illy here.
If our country adheres to its truths protests should amount to something even if just theoretical.
I dislike annoying spoiled selfish kids but absolufuckinglutley want to protect their right to protest as long as it’s not causing harm to the community.

Even the tiniest of protest is worth something in spirit even if it doesn’t make an immediate impact on agenda. It’s why Wiscy started dotnet and now kcrim.

Wiscy if you still have one of your nine, thank you.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Love Wiscy. The issue of the protests today is that Russia probably greenlighted the Hamas attacks and helped organize the campus protests
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Awe jeez Bernie, no. Time to give it a rest and let someone younger represent Vermont.

Bernie Sanders
@BernieSanders
·
4h
Let me thank the people of Vermont, from the bottom of my heart, for giving me the opportunity to serve them in the United States Senate. It has been the honor of my life.

Today, I am announcing my intention to seek another term. Here is why:
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:10 pm Awe jeez Bernie, no. Time to give it a rest and let someone younger represent Vermont.

Bernie Sanders
@BernieSanders
·
4h
Let me thank the people of Vermont, from the bottom of my heart, for giving me the opportunity to serve them in the United States Senate. It has been the honor of my life.

This is representative of what I guess one might call soft corruption. I don't think Bernie is, like, actively and griftingly CORRUPT.

In fact I'll bet money isn't, and hasn't for a very long time been, an issue.

But I think he's convinced himself of his own singularity, and so he is holding onto personal power at, arguably, a big-picture cost.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Uh oh. Results from yesterday's Indiana presidential primary:

Pro tip, Donald: Politics is a game of addition, not subtraction.

Former U.S. President Donald Trump warned he will blacklist donors to the electoral campaign of Nikki Haley, his rival for the Republican nomination.

1/25/24 In a post on the Truth Social social media platform, former U.S. President Donald Trump said that anyone who contributes to Haley’s platform “from this moment forth, will be permanently barred from the MAGA camp. We don’t want them, and will not accept them.”

“When I ran for Office and won, I noticed that the losing Candidate’s ‘Donors’ would immediately come to me, and want to ‘help out,’” he added. “This is standard in Politics, but no longer with me.”

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Shirley wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:10 pm Awe jeez Bernie, no. Time to give it a rest and let someone younger represent Vermont.

Bernie Sanders
@BernieSanders
·
4h

I don't hold people like that responsible. I hold people who vote for people like that responsible. If we want younger, more in tune representatives then we should actually support them, donate to them, volunteer for them and vote for them. We keep doing this to ourselves.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:46 am

Bernie Sanders
@BernieSanders
·
4h

I don't hold people like that responsible. I hold people who vote for people like that responsible. If we want younger, more in tune representatives then we should actually support them, donate to them, volunteer for them and vote for them. We keep doing this to ourselves.
Oh... now do the presidency and tell us more about how we have options on where to cast our vote..

because last I checked I've been told here a thousand times that voting for a 3rd party is a throw away vote and irresponsible.

So, tell me, as a person who can't impact the nominees or compete with the lobbies....about how I have options.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:15 am

Bernie Sanders
@BernieSanders
·
4h

Oh... now do the presidency and tell us more about how we have options on where to cast our vote..

because last I checked I've been told here a thousand times that voting for a 3rd party is a throw away vote and irresponsible.

So, tell me, as a person who can't impact the nominees or compete with the lobbies....about how I have options.
If only we held primaries where many more people were available to vote for...
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:29 am
TDub wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:15 am

If only we held primaries where many more people were available to vote for...
you've completely missed it haven't you?

look up...

more...

higher...

there! it's rhe point. wayyyy above your head
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DO YOU HAVE ANY SISTERS WHO LOOK LIKE IVANKA?

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Just Released: (Good news!)

Wisconsin - Presidential Polling:

Biden (D): 50%
Trump (R): 44%

Quinnipiac / May 6, 2024 / n=1457

#New Senate Poll - Wisconsin

🔵 Baldwin 54% (+12)
🔴 Hovde 42%

Quinnipiac #19 - 1,457 RV - 5/6
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub. Trying to figure out what is actually so bad about your life under Biden? The courts were packed by nuts because too many purity voters opted out. We came out of a traumatic time and I still see weird gyrations of logic about maybe stuff wasn't fixed fast enough.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

see?

twocoach is over here preaching options,

sparkos over here saying if you vote anyway except for the provided option it caused this current chaos.

the illusion of choice is all we get.

there is are no options, there are no choices. There is only the extremely extremely limited choices of those that the money people say we get. The rest is illusion, and if those other options are actually acted on you are chastised as wasting a vote and/or voting for the other team.

It's all a giant fucking farce. politics is broken.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Whoa, TDub going full Qusdahl.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Sparko is saying you have a choice between an authoritarian running for president who will sieze your assets and maybe force you into a camp in a dystopia where voting is suspended forever. And a guy doing a pretty good job running a nation of divergent interests.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:49 pm Sparko is saying you have a choice between an authoritarian running for president who will sieze your assets and maybe force you into a camp in a dystopia where voting is suspended forever. And a guy doing a pretty good job running a nation of divergent interests.
so, what your saying is that I'm forced into voting for the preselected, pre-approved, handpicked octegenarian thay they've shuffled to the top of the ballot as my only other option.

The illusion of choice. It's like the fake thermostats in hotel rooms to make people feel like they have the control of the room climate...but in reality they're preset to specific parameters and the thermostat you're touching is a decoy and not even hooked to the system.
Just Ledoux it