Charges

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Charges

Post by Shirley »

What's the over/under 99 and Mich already knew she prefers to be referred to as "Stormy Daniels" rather than Stephanie Clifford?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:35 am
Shirley wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:15 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:22 am but, largely related to the imperial boogeymen thing, and this thread generally...I found this tweeter thread interesting:

https://x.com/SethAbramson/status/1787543910509666332
Linking to an author of Seth Abramson's quality helps to rehabilitate your credibility.

This is a brief thread from a NYT-bestselling Trump biographer on what everyone—literally everyone—is missing about the 34 felonies Donald Trump committed to win the 2016 presidential election. This will change how you understand the 2016 election cycle.
Should be required reading.
^^^

Except, don't confuse us with the facts.
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Shirley wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:30 am Correct me if I'm wrong, but after reading back through this thread, I can't find anywhere that Mich or 99 deny having had a relationship with Stormy Daniels. On the other hand, Donald Trump does.

Coincidence?
She's not my type.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Stormy was in "40 Year-Old Virgin"?
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am
Shirley wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:30 am Correct me if I'm wrong, but after reading back through this thread, I can't find anywhere that Mich or 99 deny having had a relationship with Stormy Daniels. On the other hand, Donald Trump does.

Coincidence?
She's not my type.
Answer the question!
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Daniels is giving a very detailed, granular description of her encounter with Trump. Not the sex, (yet?), but what he was wearing, what she/he said.

When she got to his hotel room he was wearing silk or satin pajamas and she asked Trump if Hugh Hefner knew he (Trump) had stolen his pajamas?

Description of the hotel room/suite Trump was in...

All of this adds to her credibility that they did have an encounter, and how Trump is lying when he says they didn't.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

At dinner, Trump asked her all about her work.

Do you get tested for STDs, etc.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

She chose to work for Wicked Pictures because they are a condom-required co.

Told him they get tested for STDs all the time, and she offered to show him her records of never testing positive for an STD.
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:09 am Daniels is giving a very detailed, granular description of her encounter with Trump. Not the sex, (yet?), but what he was wearing, what she/he said.

When she got to his hotel room he was wearing silk or satin pajamas and she asked Trump if Hugh Hefner knew he (Trump) had stolen his pajamas?

All of this adds to her credibility that they did have an encounter, and how Trump is lying when he says they didn't.
I think it is very bad strategy for Trump to deny the existence of the affair.

I also think the fact of the tax gross-up of payments to Cohen is conclusive. There would be no tax gross-up necessary if this was actually payment of legal fees. Or even reimbursement of legitimate expenses.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Trump told her he and Melania don't sleep in the same room...

In response in the court room, Trump closed his eyes and whispered to his attorney.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:15 am
Shirley wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:09 am Daniels is giving a very detailed, granular description of her encounter with Trump. Not the sex, (yet?), but what he was wearing, what she/he said.

I think it is very bad strategy for Trump to deny the existence of the affair.

I also think the fact of the tax gross-up of payments to Cohen is conclusive. There would be no tax gross-up necessary if this was actually payment of legal fees. Or even reimbursement of legitimate expenses.
Trump is patholgically unable to take responsibility for anything. #roycoen
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:22 am but, largely related to the imperial boogeymen thing, and this thread generally...I found this tweeter thread interesting:

Linking to an author of Seth Abramson's quality helps to rehabilitate your credibility.

This is a brief thread from a NYT-bestselling Trump biographer on what everyone—literally everyone—is missing about the 34 felonies Donald Trump committed to win the 2016 presidential election. This will change how you understand the 2016 election cycle.
Oh.

Well, gee, thanks!

Go figure the rehabilitation of my credibility begins with, of all things, a tweeter hot take!

For real tho, since you sound more familiar with this dood’s work than me, would you be able to explain Trump’s relationship with Israel and Saudi Arabia and UAE and Egypt?

Why’s Russia get all the attention?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

...would you be able to explain Trump’s relationship with Israel and Saudi Arabia and UAE and Egypt?

Not in any detail whatsoever. The following is overly simplified, off the top of my head, and not sophisticated at all.

...Why’s Russia get all the attention?

Well, traditionally they're our #1 adversary in the world, and Trump had a long relationship with them.

Generally speaking, for years/decades Trump wanted to do business with nearly anyone who would do business with him to promote his brand and make $. He'd been trying to put his name on a hotel in Russia for years, and Putin kept dangling the possibility in front of him like a carrot on a string.

The Saudis and UAE have $, so that seemed like fertile ground to him too.

Like Abramson said, no one, not even Trump thought he'd become president, but once he was in the running Putin/Russia ramped up the useful idiot treatment because Trump is so psychologically needy he's easy to manipulate, and Putin has hated Hillary for years, so why not help Trump?

Same with the Saudis. For any number of reasons they were eager to stroke his ego to get influence to manipulate US foreign policy in their favor, and again, he's so flawed psychologically and is willing to do anything for praise and $, it was merely a cost of doing business for them to try and take advantage of him once he won the election.

I'm embarrassed to even write that, but maybe that'll give you some perspective...
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:49 am

Oh.

Well, gee, thanks!

Go figure the rehabilitation of my credibility begins with, of all things, a tweeter hot take!

For real tho, since you sound more familiar with this dood’s work than me, would you be able to explain Trump’s relationship with Israel and Saudi Arabia and UAE and Egypt?

Why’s Russia get all the attention?
Did you read the link you provided? Your question is answered there by someone whose job it is to understand that.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Lunch break is almost over, and Stormy will be retaking the stand.

My heart goes out to Barron. I don't care who you are, a high school senior having to hear this crap about their father is heartbreaking. His father should be ashamed, but we all know he's too much of a pos to feel a human emotion like that.

But, even tho he's a flawed pos, Trump can count on evangelical "Christians" and "law and order" Republicans like Marco, AG Barr, McConnell, Noem, Cruz, MTG, etc., etc.
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:10 pm Lunch break is almost over, and Stormy will be retaking the stand.

My heart goes out to Barron. I don't care who you are, a high school senior having to hear this crap about their father is heartbreaking. His father should be ashamed, but we all know he's too much of a pos to feel a human emotion like that.

But, even tho he's a flawed pos, Trump can count on evangelical "Christians" and "law and order" Republicans like Marco, AG Barr, McConnell, Noem, Cruz, MTG, etc., etc.
How about, when he graduates and sees his father in the audience, he will know that his father is only attending his high school graduation to call the bluff of a judge presiding over a trial that pertains to his father's infidelity while he was in the womb of the woman being cheated on.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Damn, fish!

Also, the classified documents trial was supposed to begin May 20 but just got postponed indefinitely
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

#sorrynotsorry

This is too, too good: (Because, Fuck that traitor!)

Stormy Daniels, the adult-film actress at the center of Donald Trump’s hush money trial, testified Tuesday about a disturbing sexual encounter she says she had with him, leading to angry, profane muttering from the former president that alarmed the judge.

New York Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan called Trump’s lawyer Todd Blanche to a sidebar during a midday break to say that Trump was “cursing audibly” and possibly intimidating Daniels, who had begun testifying, according to a trial transcript.

“I understand that your client is upset at this point,” Merchan said to the defense attorney, according to the transcript, “but he is cursing audibly and he is shaking his head visually and that’s contemptuous. It has the potential to intimidate the witness and the jury can see that.”

Blanche assured the judge he would speak to Trump.

“I am speaking to you here at the bench because I don’t want to embarrass him,” Merchan said. “You need to speak to him. I won’t tolerate that.”

The exchange punctuated a day of rage — sometimes whispered from the defense table, sometimes declared loudly by Daniels from the witness stand.

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:32 pm
Shirley wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:10 pm Lunch break is almost over, and Stormy will be retaking the stand.

How about, when he graduates and sees his father in the audience, he will know that his father is only attending his high school graduation to call the bluff of a judge presiding over a trial that pertains to his father's infidelity while he was in the womb of the woman being cheated on.
looks like he may be ditching the graduation for a minnesota campaign event
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

He's scheduled for St Paul this weekend
Defense. Rebounds.