Chiefs Offseason 2024

Kansas Football.
Back2Lawrence

Re: Chiefs Offseason 2024

Post by Back2Lawrence »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:08 am
pdub wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:54 pm If it were my ideal it’s Royals in MIZZOU downtown and Chiefs at the Legends.
I think you'll get your wish.
I would think this is the way (as of today)
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:01 am
Here is the problem though: as we learned with Hunt some NFL team will pick him up and benefit from his skillset on the field.
Assuming his guilt (gotta love it), how is it a problem to be better than everyone else and not want that shit in/around your organization? That’s the problem, IMO.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Rashee doing this is akin ( amped up bc it's college to pro ) to Brady Morningstar getting a DUI the day after Self set a curfew on the basketball team bc Tyshawn busted his hand punching a football player in the face...but if it was Brady who did the punching.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:25 am
Here is the problem though: as we learned with Hunt some NFL team will pick him up and benefit from his skillset on the field.
Assuming his guilt (gotta love it), how is it a problem to be better than everyone else and not want that shit in/around your organization? That’s the problem, IMO.
Well definitely...but at the same time, there are guys who are just dipshits outside of football ( or sports or just simply their jobs ) but are excellent when playing ( and practicing ) it.

It's the balance of - OK he's going to help me win on the field but does his behavior off the field affect my team? And also is Baltimore going to pick him up as soon as I drop him?

( of note this is all questions for professional sports and i'd say shouldn't have been for college )
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:30 am
Back2Lawrence wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:25 am
Well definitely...but at the same time, there are guys who are just dipshits outside of football ( or sports or just simply their jobs ) but are excellent when playing ( and practicing ) it.

It's the balance of - OK he's going to help me win on the field but does his behavior off the field affect my team? And also is Baltimore going to pick him up as soon as I drop him?

( of note this is all questions for professional sports and i'd say shouldn't have been for college )
If I was involved in the legal issues that Rice is alleged to be involved with, I would be fired from my job. And I'd like to think that if the CIO at my job, who is nailing it these days, was involved in the legal issues that Rice is alleged to be involved with, he would be fired from his job as well but I am less certain of that.

Rice's talents buys him some grace but might not buy him enough to remain with the Chiefs. Still a lot of info to learn about this latest incident so who knows. No need to be impatient. The Chiefs are very likely making calls and shopping around in the WR market right now though.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There's two sides to me ( IF he did assault someone ).

Side 1: Do the right thing and cut this dude. He had a second chance and immediately blew it. He doesn't deserve another.

Side 2: The NFL is cutthroat. A ton of guys on these teams are shit stains in society. There is 0 chance that Rice, if cut, won't be utilized as soon as possible on another team. Watch to see how the NFL punishes him and maybe even cross your fingers it's a season long suspension b/c it won't count as a roster spot or against the cap and will absolutely influence a future extension.

If I'm running the org - it's side 1. No questions. Don't care if it hurts my team.
As a fan of a team in pro football, where I understand integrity is largely a sham, and we've already held onto a possible ( likely?? ) woman/child beater, and other teams have held onto players who have done far worse than what Rice has done, I lean 2, b/c I know Rice will instantly be picked up by another squad and I absolutely don't want that squad to be a contender.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

True story: had the Titans drafted Winston the year he and Mariota were the next best things, I told my then almost wife that I was converting to a Donkey’s fan. Because fuck that guy.

I understand y’all’s points and the ‘reality’ of such things, but I don’t practice that reality as it relates to sports (where/when I think know the truth).

The statement about his talents kinda buying him some grace are flat out disgusting. I hope it’s no one you know/love that he (or anyone like him) one day ‘kinda’ physically assaults, or ‘kinda’ sexually assaults, or hits while driving 115 mph.

This view is most likely tribalism, which is another separate but real dumbness related to our sports fan experience.

Whatever though. Shits not gonna change.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

OK, apparently Rice got into an incident with a photographer.
So, i'm kinda back on Rice's side now ( he has a bit more 'ah ok, there might be some reason here' ).
I hate the act of photography on unwilling participants.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:53 am OK, apparently Rice got into an incident with a photographer.
So, i'm kinda back on Rice's side now ( he has a bit more 'ah ok, there might be some reason here' ).
I hate the act of photography on unwilling participants.
BIG question. Little question/s.

Big question/s - The guy that was allegedly assaulted is supposedly a photographer.
Rice is definitely a Football player. Rice wasn't being Football player when he MAY have ALLEDGEDLY assaulted the guy. Was the guy being a photographer when he was allegedly assaulted? What does "photographer" mean? Professional with a "professional" camera or patron who had a cell phone and was getting in Rice's face?

Little question/s - Why would the guy be in the club at 2:00am in the role of photographer - was he hired to take photographs - if so, by whom and were the patrons advised that there would be a "professional" photographer on the premisses?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If he was a professional photographer for a nightclub at 2 AM HIRED by the club, then that's a different story.

If he was a professional photographer for a news/gossip/entertainment company or just some dude being nosy and snapping photos without Rice's permission, then, again my opinion, fuck that guy.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:09 am If he was a professional photographer for a nightclub at 2 AM HIRED by the club, then that's a different story.

If he was a professional photographer for a news/gossip/entertainment company or just some dude being nosy and snapping photos without Rice's permission, then, again my opinion, fuck that guy.
I share the exact same sentiment/s.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

This is only acceptable if he was wearing a fedora (preferably with a feather in it) that had a press sign on the side.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I'm not saying don't hang out in clubs after your racing debacle. But. Common sense is to work on your game and eat in. Get the Hell out of Dallas. Nothing good happens at that time of night.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Sparko wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:41 pm Nothing good happens at that time of night.
dad?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Zay Jones visiting Chiefs.
Guy drops the ball a lot and has battled injury bugs but could be Rashee imadumbass insurance if the suspension happens this season.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:13 pm
Sparko wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:41 pm Nothing good happens at that time of night.
dad?
^^^

lol
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Shirley wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:31 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:13 pm
dad?
^^^

lol
You are both grounded.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Kind of a crazy story. No witness to the alleged assault, no crime?
Let me guess, no camera/s in the club? Or if there is, it/they was/were broken or Rice was out of view of the camera/s.
If the story is true and can be proven, I have to assume between the car incident and this, Road Rash Rice A Dummy is done for a considerable/significant amount of the season. If not all of it.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootba ... or-assault
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:28 am There's two sides to me ( IF he did assault someone ).

Side 1: Do the right thing and cut this dude. He had a second chance and immediately blew it. He doesn't deserve another.

Side 2: The NFL is cutthroat. A ton of guys on these teams are shit stains in society. There is 0 chance that Rice, if cut, won't be utilized as soon as possible on another team. Watch to see how the NFL punishes him and maybe even cross your fingers it's a season long suspension b/c it won't count as a roster spot or against the cap and will absolutely influence a future extension.

If I'm running the org - it's side 1. No questions. Don't care if it hurts my team.
As a fan of a team in pro football, where I understand integrity is largely a sham, and we've already held onto a possible ( likely?? ) woman/child beater, and other teams have held onto players who have done far worse than what Rice has done, I lean 2, b/c I know Rice will instantly be picked up by another squad and I absolutely don't want that squad to be a contender.
I think it's complicated!

Because in one sense, why do I care what these guys are or aren't, so long as they're available?

But in another, very real and timely sense, I think the standard is (and very much should be) higher where you are asking for a massive public money handout.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Not the kind of guys I'd want on my team.

Not the kind of guy's I'd want to win with.

How you win still matters to me.