Recruiting

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Recruiting

Post by pdub »

Don't understand what academics has to do with college basketball anymore though.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

pdub wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:58 pm Don't understand what academics has to do with college basketball anymore though.

^^^^ yeah, no shit :!:
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:42 pm Think we were all waiting on the kugel thing to be official. Not sure if the rumors about academic issues transferring were true?

But after his commitment, we got commitments from storr and Griffen. And furphy coming back is picking up momentum
Will you please stop with the Furphy bullshit?
All you have is "rumor mill" this and "rumor mill" that.
Gee, if he comes back to KU I'm sure you will boast about how you were right. Fantastic. I'm looking forward to it. :roll:
If he doesn't come back, will you say you and your rumor mill really didn't know jack squat?
This I can promise you, he's been working out in Chicago. He's getting feedback. He doesn't know if he will be a first rounder. If the chatter after the combine is he is a first rounder and a team (or multiple teams) assure his agent they want him in the first round, he's not coming back.
If the chatter is he's not going to be a first rounder and no team says they will take him in the first round, then yes - there is a great chance he goes back to college. KU or elsewhere.
Ok?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

even Self has said he expects Johnny to stay in the draft
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:13 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:42 pm Think we were all waiting on the kugel thing to be official. Not sure if the rumors about academic issues transferring were true?

But after his commitment, we got commitments from storr and Griffen. And furphy coming back is picking up momentum
Gee, if he comes back to KU I'm sure you will boast about how you were right. Fantastic. I'm looking forward to it. :roll:
If he doesn't come back, will you say you and your rumor mill really didn't know jack squat?
This I can promise you, he's been working out in Chicago. He's getting feedback. He doesn't know if he will be a first rounder. If the chatter after the combine is he is a first rounder and a team (or multiple teams) assure his agent they want him in the first round, he's not coming back.
If the chatter is he's not going to be a first rounder and no team says they will take him in the first round, then yes - there is a great chance he goes back to college. KU or elsewhere.
Ok?
Take it easy bud. I dont expect furphy back. But what once seemed like he was gone for good, there is now less certainty
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:09 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:13 pm

Ok?
Take it easy bud. I dont expect furphy back. But what once seemed like he was gone for good, there is now less certainty
Your words yesterday.....
"And furphy coming back is picking up momentum".
My words today - No, it isn't/wasn't "picking up momentum".

Your words about a week ago...
"Rumor mill has it the likelihood of furphy pulling out of nba draft is beginning to look favorable".
My words today - No, the "likelihood" is/was NOT "beginning to look favorable".

Your words last night....
"there is now less certainty".
My words today - "Now"? "there is now less certainty"? Why "now" and "less certainty" by/from whom?
Seems that's just not true in regards to what Self believes (unless he was bluffing?) - and do YOU feel there is "less certainty" from Furphy and his agent in regards to the day he announced he was declaring for the draft to yesterday - or less certainty from some "rumor mill" that YOU feel has more insight than Furphy and/or his agent have?
I'm asking because I wan't to know why you feel the need to continuously post MISinformation - and I would sort of like to know who/where you are getting it from. Other than from inside your ass.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Triggered rainbows alert. Even in the basketball board
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:22 am Triggered rainbows alert. Even in the basketball board
Nice retort! I give you credit for that.
I don't give you credit for your scoop on Furphy.

I get "triggered" when you post shit that comes off as if you know what you're talking about. Which you do frequently. Yes, every once in a blue moon you do post something of value - and that's duly noted - by me.
Going forward, I should probably just let it go when you post b.s. and let others believe your narish if they choose to.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randy is at the bar throwing darts and there's 9 darts on the wall and one on the bored.
Bartender comes over, "hey, who threw all these darts into this wall?"
"Not me but check out this double 12 I hit."
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

blind squirrels, broken clocks…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Until the combine is over we won't have any true idea about Furphy.

I think Self's comments were doing two things publicly (and intentionally):

1. Trying to support Furphy. Say he's committed to the NBA path and confident he's good enough to go round 1.

2. Trying to comfort the transfers and incoming players that Furphy won't be here next year taking minutes from them. Iirc his comment came before Kugel de-transferred from KU, maybe that was a last ditch effort to save that relationship. If Furphy does come back then we can deal with unhappy people at that time. No reason to cause additional worry now. Furphy would be better than any of them, so if we chase off someone in a month before they ever get here then oh well.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Furphy is working out getting feedback. The feedback is making him consider coming back to KU for another year, more than he originally thought. Nothing controversial about that. He could go later in the 1st but is not a lock.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:32 am Furphy is working out getting feedback. The feedback is making him consider coming back to KU for another year, more than he originally thought. Nothing controversial about that. He could go later in the 1st but is not a lock.
Working out and getting feedback from who? None of that stuff has started yet as far as I know.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:32 am Furphy is working out getting feedback. The feedback is making him consider coming back to KU for another year, more than he originally thought. Nothing controversial about that. He could go later in the 1st but is not a lock.
As the great Jeeper would say - "JFC".

I'll break down your post.
Your first sentence - True.
Your second sentence - The day he declared, he considered it a possibility he might return to KU.
Your saying, "more than he originally thought" deserves this response from me......
Be honest, YOU really don't what the feedback is. Do you? I ask that being, currently "the feedback" that truly matters is he has as good of a shot of going in the first round as he and his agent felt he did the day he declared.
Your 3rd sentence - Of course there is something controversial about that. It's 100% controversial for you to make that claim. True or not.
Your 4th sentence - First part of the sentence is true. Second part of the sentence - That's your OPINION. Unless you are Furphy, his immediate family member, his agent, and every GM/Head of Basketball operations of every NBA team, then you don't know that to be a fact. Right?
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Thu May 09, 2024 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:33 am
Working out and getting feedback from who? None of that stuff has started yet as far as I know.
The "combine" has not started yet but some/a lot of guys are already in Chicago.
Furphy has been "working out" with other players in Chicago for a while.
He and his agent are getting feedback from teams. "Teams" beings scouts and NBA team's "management" personnel.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:53 am
The "combine" has not started yet but some/a lot of guys are already in Chicago.
He and his agent are getting feedback from teams. "Teams" beings scouts and NBA team's "management" personnel.
When do the official workouts with teams begin?

Anybody can go play pickup in a gym and get feedback. The most important feedback and evaluation is yet to occur.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:31 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:53 am

When do the official workouts with teams begin?

Anybody can go play pickup in a gym and get feedback. The most important feedback and evaluation is yet to occur.
Here ya go....

https://www.nba.com/news/78-players-inv ... ft-combine

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 625862007/

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nba/nba-draft-combine
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Right now Bleacher Report has Furphy at 28 and McCullar at 32. Obviously those are just educated guesses subject to performances at combine.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

AlOerter wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:15 am Right now Bleacher Report has Furphy at 28 and McCullar at 32. Obviously those are just educated guesses subject to performances at combine.
My gut says KM will drop a bit. Simply because I am not sure the things he's really good at will shine in a combine setting. Minimal ball movement and no team defensive concept. I think someone could get a decent NBA bench player role out of him in the 2nd round. He does the little things well.

If Furphy gets hot shooting at the combine he could skyrocket because he could thrive in the up and down shot chucking environment.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KM probably would have gone as high as late lotto pre injury. His circumstances certainly hurt his stock. But he could be a steal if he falls a ways but comes back healthy