Uncle Joe

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by ousdahl »

Four sources said the shipments, which have been delayed for at least two weeks, involved Boeing-made Joint Direct Attack Munitions

Wait, so THAT is what Boeing does?

And here I thought they were only in the business of assassinating whistleblowers!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:01 am Oh hey!

How about that.

He’s pretty much anti-war by now.
You misspelled "I was wrong".
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh, is that what you want?

okay then...I was wrong.

also from your article:

Still, the delays appeared to be the first since Biden's administration offered its full support to Israel following Hamas' Oct. 7 attack

so I guess time will tell whether his pause is just a pause, or whether he'll figure out how to keep doubling down on the thing that only took 7 months and tens of thousands of lives (that we know about so far) and who knows how many more casualites and thousands of civilian infrastructures destroyed and millions displaced and now worldwide protests AGAINST what Biden is doing.

Or, if it sticks, do you think Biden is gonna pause on Ukraine and Taiwan next?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:10 am

How about that.

wait a sec...

speaking of "I was wrong"

weren't you also the dood who was just saying protests DON'T get anything done?!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anyone remember Biden's CHIPS and Science Act ?

Biden’s event today will be in the same location where Trump touted a $10 billion Foxconn facility, which he called the "eighth wonder of the world"

That facility was scaled back and never fully materialized.

The Wall Street Journal @WSJ

Microsoft says it’s investing billions of dollars on artificial intelligence in Wisconsin, the latest stop in a global spending spree to build AI infrastructure https://on.wsj.com/3wyAXxd

President Biden Touts Microsoft's $3.3B AI Center in Racine

In a playful twist of fate, President Biden is set to visit Racine, Wisconsin, today to announce Microsoft's $3.3 billion investment to build a new AI data center. This move contrasts sharply with Trump's previous failed Foxconn investment, which was once hailed as a major win but never materialized. The new data center, expected to create thousands of jobs, will be built on the same land where Foxconn's $10 billion facility was supposed to rise. Biden's visit is seen as a not-so-subtle jab at Trump highlighting the differences in their approaches to job creation and economic development. The event is also expected to draw attention to the administration's commitment to investing in historically overlooked communities.

@axios "The White House is inviting...a direct comparison between the Microsoft and Foxconn deals."

"Biden officials say the Microsoft project will lead to 2,300 union construction jobs, followed by 2,000 permanent jobs in Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin."
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:34 am

How about that.

wait a sec...

weren't you also the dood who was just saying protests DON'T get anything done?!
Are you under some sort of delusion that college protests led to this?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:21 am

wait a sec...

No.

Are you under some sort of delusion they didn’t?

Do you really mean to suggest Biden finally pausing bombs to Israel and mass protests against bombs to Israel is just like some coincidence?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:40 am

wait a sec...

No.

Do you really mean to suggest Biden finally pausing bombs to Israel and mass protests against bombs to Israel is just like some coincidence?
^^^

Some people say that when Obama withheld the shipment of Hellfire missiles to Israel in 2014 after a particularly contentious phone call with Bibi based on Israel's conduct in Gaza, it was because Obama foresaw the protests that were going to happen here in the US a decade later.
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So just like some coincidence then.

It had nothing to do with mass protests across the nation and world, and maybe Biden realizing he’s loosing with the younger, more progressive, of-color voters whose support he could kinda totally use. It’s cuz Bibi was a douche to Obama like a decade ago. Allsome.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:55 am So just like some coincidence then.

It had nothing to do with mass protests across the nation and world, and maybe Biden realizing he’s loosing with the younger, more progressive, of-color voters whose support he could kinda totally use. It’s cuz Bibi was a douche to Obama like a decade ago. Allsome.
You can think whatever you like, but imo, I seriously doubt the protests had much if anything to do with the decision.
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:40 am

wait a sec...

No.

It is clear that there were already internal discussions about ways for Biden and the administration to escalate the pressure on Israel prior to the student protests. It is very clear that reducing or pausing arms transfers was already being discussed at that time.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68773400

Here it is being discussed in mid March:
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/1 ... s-00146586

These discussions began at least as soon as Netanyahu announced in Mid-March that he intended to move forward with an invasion of the city of Rafah on the southern border of the Gaza Strip in defiance of Joe Biden, who has warned such an offensive would be a "red line." I would frankly expect that the discussion about this as a possible option for escalation has always been happening.

You seem to be the victim of the old "correlation does not imply causation".
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Bibi knows that once the "war" is over, he's likely to be removed from office because Israelis hold him responsible for his failure to protect them and the slow response to the Hamas attack on Oct. 7.

Bibi was already under indictment before Oct 7, so staying in office is his equivalent of Trump winning in Nov. so he can avoid the pending legal cases against him.

Bibi knows that Trump won't hold him to the same standards Biden will, like Obama did before him.

Bibi knows that the protests in the US hurt Biden politically, and increase the likelihood that his buddy Trump will win.

Therefore, Bibi has no incentive for a cease fire or the war to end.

Hamas, likewise, has no incentive for the war to end.

Which means we're fucked because ignorant people like Ousdahl see Biden as the bad guy and will continue to protest and increase the likelihood that someone even worse for Palestinians, the guy who tried to before and plans to in the future ban Muslims from immigrating to the US, Trump, is elected in Nov.
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ignorant, jeez.

And here I thought I was one tweeter hot take (that coincidentally fits your world views) away from restoring credibility. Go figure!

I guess what I don’t get is, if the protests had nothing to do with Biden’s timing, why didn’t he pump the brakes on bombs to Israel back in like mid-March, when twocoach’s links indicate?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

…not to mention Biden signing an aid package worth another over $14 billion to Israel back in April?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

OK, I guess that proves it.
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:36 pm OK, I guess that proves it.
It's almost like dynamic situations, change.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Where was Ousdahl when Trump moved the embassy to Jerusalem? Where was his outrage with the settlements? I know I was pissed.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Joey old balls fly by.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:19 pm Joey old balls fly by.
Part 2

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.