serve and protect

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: serve and protect

Post by KUTradition »

Overlander wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:24 pm
BTW, Instructor Zero videos are how I calm these feelings down!

https://youtu.be/KL5IIvVWzXI?si=vFKq_FeGKyuLxSzR
that’s ridiculous

i wonder what kind of consistency he has…if he repeated that same action 10x in a row, what would his variance be?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Minimal. His mechanics are so well honed.

He is, in my opinion, the most skilled tactical firearms operator I have seen.
https://youtu.be/S4npXhFMz8g?si=j93s_pjoDxIzqzbj
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Wow.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

My brother was good with a .357 and a speed loader.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Sparko wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:11 pm My brother was good with a .357 and a speed loader.
Big revolvers are horrible in tactical fire situations.

I prefer 9mm over any other hand gun round.

Having tiny little girl hands, I can’t keep muzzle control on larger caliber weapons.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Overlander wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:46 pm
Sparko wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:11 pm My brother was good with a .357 and a speed loader.
Big revolvers are horrible in tactical fire situations.

I prefer 9mm over any other hand gun round.

Having tiny little girl hands, I can’t keep muzzle control on larger caliber weapons.
Ha. Me too. I have an MP-40 because l can something with it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Holy shit.

What a ruckus in the war thread!

I’ll respond to as much of that hilarity as I can this evening.

But until then, let’s go ahead and turn the lulz up to 11 in this thread too:

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:08 pm Holy shit.

What a ruckus in the war thread!

I’ll respond to as much of that hilarity as I can this evening.
I feel confident that I speak for everyone when I say.....please dont.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

but if you're gonna talk down on me, I can't help but want the chance for rebuttal.

and besides, it's just...fascinating.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:14 pm but if you're gonna talk down on me, I can't help but want the chance for rebuttal.

and besides, it's just...fascinating.
you've rebutted like a retarded billy goat fighting it's own shadow on a wall for 100s of pages. Your arguments are, somehow, getting worse. Which, is impressive, as I didn't think that possible given where you started.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sweet personal attack bro.

but, do go on about how the arguments getting worse are my own!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

are you drunk? or on something? you're having quite the meltdown. Yes, your arguments are getting worse, less based on reality, more nonsensical, and more desperate. Is that clearer for you?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

actually, it seems that you once again are simply going for the gaslight.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Sturgeon, Missouri, residents are speaking out about safety after a Sturgeon Police Department officer shot and killed a 13-pound blind Shih Tzu mix.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:44 am Sturgeon, Missouri, residents are speaking out about safety after a Sturgeon Police Department officer shot and killed a 13-pound blind Shih Tzu mix.
Maybe the dog dragged him 30' with his car and tore the officer's pants?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:04 am
KUTradition wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:44 am Sturgeon, Missouri, residents are speaking out about safety after a Sturgeon Police Department officer shot and killed a 13-pound blind Shih Tzu mix.
Maybe the dog dragged him 30' with his car and tore the officer's pants?
What, exactly, are we doing here?

Louisville Police Have Very Little To Say

https://defector.com/scottie-scheffler- ... tle-to-say
Thursday's Louisville Metro Police Department news dump on their arrest of PGA golfer Scottie Scheffler last week began with spokesperson Sgt. Matt Sanders giving a quick plan for "today's run of show." The mayor would talk. The police chief would talk. No questions would be taken at the lectern. All questions were to be emailed afterward to the public information office.) And at the end, several documents and videos would be released on LMPD's "forward-facing transparency page," aka a website. (Documents from the arresting officer's personnel file later would be published by WDRB journalist Jason Riley; more on that later.)

[...]

Reforms were promised after the protests [in the wake of Breonna Taylor's shooting death at the hands of the LMPD], including increased use of police body cameras, which ended up being the crux of what was and wasn't said on Thursday. The officer who arrested Scheffler, Det. Bryan Gillis, had "failed to power on his body-worn camera," according to LMPD police records released Thursday. In response, Gillis was "counseled by a member of his command" and a "performance evaluation" was done, according to an LMPD memorandum. A little further explanation is given on the failure-to-record form, on which Gillis's supervisor wrote that the camera should have at least been in standby mode but "due to the confusion" in the area at the time, Gillis's "sense of urgency" responding to the traffic fatality, and "expediting traffic for the PGA Championship," the detective failed to turn it on. Both a lieutenant and a division commander reviewed this and signed off on it.

There was, then, no up-close video of what happened when Gillis arrested Scheffler.

[...]

Into [the] different accounts [of what happened with Scheffler] came Thursday's press conference, followed by the released video. One is from a dash cam, the other is from a camera on a nearby pole. The clearest footage came from the camera on the pole, with what looks like Scheffler's vehicle showing up about 30 seconds in. It's the events happening in the upper left corner, near the white fence. Clips of this zoomed in were shared Thursday on social media, but below is the raw footage as LMPD released it.

https://youtu.be/mnWeQfNMLmM

Later that day, WDRB's Jason Riley shared snippets from Gillis's personnel file, including that Gillis once was suspended for five days for doing donuts while on duty in his police car, with a drunk civilian passenger.
He also has a secondary job as a collision investigator for lawyers and insurance companies.
He described his role as a "private investigator where I am not representing LMPD" pic.twitter.com/A70jn0Ms5z

— Jason Riley (@JasonRileyWDRB) May 23, 2024
A list of all of the times Det. Gillis has been punished by LMPD. (Not including Scheffler body cam violation) pic.twitter.com/Zd7r2C36j9

Gillis also has commendations in his file, including this one for issuing a "staggering 108 citations" during a four-hour period. Credited for his "strong work ethic, perseverance and positive attitude." pic.twitter.com/2iUHB85Iba

The day closed with Riley sharing a statement from prosecutors, saying they still had not decided if they would pursue a case against Scheffler.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I am guessing that there will be no charges. . . .
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Pretty sure cops in this country kill thousands of dogs a year.

Also, if I was a drunk civilian passenger in a cop car and the cop started doing donuts, I think that would be pretty rad
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:39 am Pretty sure cops in this country kill thousands of dogs a year.

Also, if I was a drunk civilian passenger in a cop car and the cop started doing donuts, I think that would be pretty rad
Got her number.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And after we got done, I said baby what’s your number? She said nine-one-one!