NFL Offseason 2024

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: NFL Offseason 2024

Post by pdub »

NFL teaming with Netflix for big ticket games.

God Damnit.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The NFL is at the pinnacle of its popularity and keeps screwing its fans.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

You guys don't have Netflix?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I was dropping Netflix.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Sparko wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:56 pm The NFL is at the pinnacle of its popularity and keeps screwing its fans.
I know. Pizza Hut as the new pizza of the NFL? Well, it does taste chemically constructed, unconcerned with the health of those who consume it, and unavailable without the right delivery service.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

MVS signs with the Bills.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Good, I only wish it was the Bengals or Ravens.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

In theory, he works with the Bills, as Josh Allen's arm may juuuuust beat Mahomes.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:06 am
Sparko wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:56 pm The NFL is at the pinnacle of its popularity and keeps screwing its fans.
I know. Pizza Hut as the new pizza of the NFL? Well, it does taste chemically constructed, unconcerned with the health of those who consume it, and unavailable without the right delivery service.
🤣🤣🤣
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I both understand ( vampires thirsting for profit on profit ) why the NFL is pushing the limits of user experience and don’t understand—you are making SO MUCH BANK don’t fuck it up. Cruise control and it’s year over year profit.

I’m going to intentionally look to pirate and not spend on a single NFL thing if they continue the route they are. I won’t be the only one…but even if I’m rare, there will be people who will just start skipping games.

Don’t do it NFL.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

So right. I think the NFL would do well to fire several managers and the commissioner. Touched on in other threads, but these business school idiots basically ruined American industry. The NFL needs to exhale on everything from kickoffs to streaming.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:44 pm I both understand ( vampires thirsting for profit on profit ) why the NFL is pushing the limits of user experience and don’t understand—you are making SO MUCH BANK don’t fuck it up. Cruise control and it’s year over year profit.

I’m going to intentionally look to pirate and not spend on a single NFL thing if they continue the route they are. I won’t be the only one…but even if I’m rare, there will be people who will just start skipping games.

Don’t do it NFL.
I know you are scared of malware and such, but I’ve streamed all the games I’ve watched the last two seasons (not ‘legally’) and no virus’ etc.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

# of games played by league:

NBA. 82. Since 1967.

NHL. 82. Since 95. Actually played 84 for a couple season before.

MLB. 162. Since 1961?

MLS. 34. Since 2011. Most season before, 32. Went to 34 when enough teams added, essentially.

NFL. 17. Since 2021. 16 from 78-2021.

16 was the perfect number, and neatly packaged.

6 divisional, 4 single division in conference, 4 single division out of conference, 2 same place as you in conference previous year.

Good formula for parity.

17th game complete greed and imbalances so much.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Any feelings about Harry But's commencement speech?

My feelings are, I may not agree with what he said, but he was speaking to a specific audience and catering to them.
He's been getting a lot of shit for what he said. I'm wondering if he is getting as much praise.
One thing that's undeniable, he was divisive, and he knows it and I can't help but wonder if his teammates have any strong opinions.
My two cents, he's pretty much a dilwad but whatever works for him - great.
Just please don't bring that shit to me.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

It’s like everything. Half of everyone is gonna bitch and moan about it, and half are going to celebrate.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

My guess is a lot of his teammates probably feel the same way. If they didn't, he probably wouldn't have said those types of things.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The league acted like supporting black lives was the end of time. Butker went full Nazi. Never go full Nazi
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:17 pm Any feelings about Harry But's commencement speech?

My feelings are, I may not agree with what he said, but he was speaking to a specific audience and catering to them.
He's been getting a lot of shit for what he said. I'm wondering if he is getting as much praise.
One thing that's undeniable, he was divisive, and he knows it and I can't help but wonder if his teammates have any strong opinions.
My two cents, he's pretty much a dilwad but whatever works for him - great.
Just please don't bring that shit to me.
My feelings are that if "all he did" was to highlight his Christian beliefs then it is no wonder that participation in Christianity in the US is and will continue to dwindle.

I dont want Butker cancelled. Quite the opposite. Shine a big bright light on him. Show every woman what Christianity believes their role is.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Just a reminder that Butker's mother is Elizabeth Keller Butker, an accomplished academic who holds a degree in Chemistry from Smith College as well as a Master’s degree in Medical Physics. She works for Emory University’s Winship Cancer Institute, where she serves as a physicist within the Department of Radiation Oncology.
I hope she was super proud to hear her son tell graduating women that they should not seek education and professional accomplishments and should instead stay home and serve their man.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

A man of faith. Good. I have ZERO problem with that.
A man of faith who picks and chooses what he feels HE should and shouldn't adhere to while telling others what THEY should and shouldn't adhere to, I have a BIG problem with that.

I say that being..... I find many people of faith rightfully picking and choosing what is important and not important to them. Fine, to each their own. Just don't be a fucking hypocrite about it while preaching to others what YOU feel THEY should and shouldn't do.

I say that being....
Hey Harry - Should you kill yourself or should someone else kill you?
I'm asking because if you truly are a man of faith and feel what the Bible tells us is the "word/s of God", Exodus 35:2 just called and told me to tell you hello.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.