NBA Playoffs 24

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: NBA Playoffs 24

Post by randylahey »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:28 pm
randylahey wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:23 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:13 pm Michael Jordan, I mean Anthony Edwards, is 1 for 7 with 4 pts and getting blown out in an elimination game.
This sure didn't age well
He hasn't played particularly well. He's 6 for 24. His teammates are saving his ass.
*he didn't shoot well. But he competed and did all kinds of things for them. The nuggets whole plan was to take edwards out of his spots
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

He stepped up when he needed to.

He didn’t:
Cry at refs while the Nuggets played 5 on 4 at the other end.

Leave the floor pouting with 3 minutes left.

Flop around on the floor like he got tasered on a non-contact play.

React like he got hit by a 3/4 ton when no one touched him.

Blame his team mates.

Blame the officials.

Blame the coach.

He definitely isn’t Jordan. But he is no LeBron either.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Nuggets "whole plan" included a 26 point loss, a 45 point loss, and one of the worst 2nd half game 7s for a defending champion at home in the history of the league. Stupid ass coach.

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/stat ... 0857112940
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The culture in Minnesota has completely changed. Edwards had a big impact on that. He lead a team to the conference Finals at 22. Took Jordan a lot longer to accomplish that
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:13 pm Nuggets "whole plan" included a 26 point loss, a 45 point loss, and one of the worst 2nd half game 7s for a defending champion at home in the history of the league. Stupid ass coach.

Dumb comments by Malone and rainbows here. But if you heard what malone said after the clip cuts out it doesn't sound as bad.

Is he a stupid ass coach rainbows? Cause he did just win an NBA title. They just ran into a really good team that was a bad match up. The Minnesota defense is special
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The TWolves bigs won them that game —particularly at the free throw line.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:22 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:13 pm Nuggets "whole plan" included a 26 point loss, a 45 point loss, and one of the worst 2nd half game 7s for a defending champion at home in the history of the league. Stupid ass coach.

Dumb comments by Malone and rainbows here. But if you heard what malone said after the clip cuts out it doesn't sound as bad.

Is he a stupid ass coach rainbows? Cause he did just win an NBA title. They just ran into a really good team that was a bad match up. The Minnesota defense is special
I heard what he said the entire post game presser, being that I watched the entire presser.
Yes, I feel he is a stupid ass coach - at times. Just as I feel he's a brilliant ass coach - at times.
Stupid ass is when you lost at home by 26, lose on the road by 45, and have a 20 point 2nd half lead and lose a game 7 at home.
Brilliant ass was making the adjustments (and thankfully having Aaron Gordon on your team) between games 2 and 3 and then winning games 3, 4, and 5.

If "he" did just win an NBA title then "he" just sucked ass 3 out of 7 games in a conference semi-finals.

Yes, the Wolves are a really good team, and they were a bad matchup for the Nuggets. At least they were 4 out of 7 games.
The Minnesota defense was special in games 2, 6, and 7. Of course most of that is on his players but part of that I'm going to put on Malone if I am supposed to praise him for his and his team's wins and his and his team's accomplishments.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:56 am The TWolves bigs won them that game —particularly at the free throw line.
Rudy hit a ridiculous shot in the clutch at the end of the shot clock.

What a fun game. I was sort of for the Nuggets simply because of CB, but the Wolves are a fun team to watch (some nights).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

How many of the top 15 paid NBA players are playing in the Conference Finals?
That's right!!!! ONE.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think TWolves were the better team ( why I preferred facing Nuggets ).

God I hope the Dallas Minny series goes 7 games with Dallas winning in double OT game 7.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:09 am I think TWolves were the better team ( why I preferred facing Nuggets ).

God I hope the Dallas Minny series goes 7 games with Dallas winning in double OT game 7.
What happens with Dallas/Minny will be a moot point when the Pacers beat the Celtics. Right? :o :? :D
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I expect the Pacers to get a game or two.
I dunno about four of em.

They can score in bunches but can’t defend.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I'm not sure how anyone could watch the nuggets and decide Malone is a "stupid ass coach"

The Timberwolves are just really good. They have a legit shot at winning it all. That defense is special. They have a bunch of dogs on that team and they play HUNGRYYY. None of those dudes have won a title before and they are driven to do it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Teams really struggle to match up with Denver, but Minnesota had the right pieces to be a bad match up. Elite defenders everywhere, tons of length and versatility, and a few big bodies to throw at jokic. Just a bad match up for the nuggets
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:32 am I expect the Pacers to get a game or two.
I dunno about four of em.

They can score in bunches but can’t defend.
Agreed. Pacers have good depth too, but still feels like there is a talent gap between them and Boston. I'd be surprised if Boston didn't win the series tho. Obviously porzingis health is a big x factor
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:32 am I'm not sure how anyone could watch the nuggets and decide Malone is a "stupid ass coach"

The Timberwolves are just really good. They have a legit shot at winning it all. That defense is special. They have a bunch of dogs on that team and they play HUNGRYYY. None of those dudes have won a title before and they are driven to do it
I wouldn't refer to him as a "stupid ass coach" if he didn't say a legit question was a "stupid ass question".
If you and others choose to rightfully praise the guy for his an his TEAMS' accomplishments IN THE PAST, then why can't I, what I feel is rightfully, criticize the guy for his team taking a giant shit in a 7 game series.
Like I said, 26 point loss, 45 point loss, up 20 in the 2nd half of a game 7.....
You want to use the legitimate excuse that the Wolves are a really good team - that's great, and fine. I happen to agree.
I want to use the excuse that Malone isn't as great of a coach as he thinks and tells people he is and that's PART of why the Nuggets are on their way to Cancun/golfing/etc., today.
Truth be told, I don't feel all in all that he's a "stupid ass coach", I do feel he's an "ass coach". I shed no tear/s for him today.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

ramjet wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:14 am The nugs/wolves series may well be the most entertaining series of the playoffs this year. You can thank Tim Connelly for this. He was the President of Basketball Operations for the nugs and built the team that you see today. In early 2022 the wolves hired him to take the same position and he has refined that roster to be what you see now. When he joined the wolves, he took a few of the key nugs suits and assistant coaches with him. The wolves are built to be nuggets killers.
yup
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Tyrese Haliburton will have to be perfect in this series for the Pacers to have a shot.
We're talking 25+ PPG with some solid defense.

If Porzingis comes back at even 80%, I think the Pacers are toast regardless.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Thats absolutely a block.