Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:50 am somebody has to give a phucque about what is going on in the middle east. because it sure as $#!t ain't me.
we’re all shocked that such is the case
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:06 am I’ve never been on tik tok.

And illy, that’s one of your all time worst posts. Like really incredibly horrible.

I’m tempted to move right along and try for some discussion like, “let’s consider possible connections between the conflict in Congo the conflict in Israel,” but I once again realize such a discussion is futile.

Now quick, somebody repeat that I’m actually just parroting Putin!
I’m tempted to move right along and try for some discussion like, “let’s consider possible connections between the conflict in Congo the conflict in Israel,” but I once again realize such a discussion is futile.

And then, like on what seems like every other thread, you'd supply no evidence* supporting your position, then get upset when no one takes your assertion/question seriously.

*Or, alternatively, in your naiveté to support your point, you might quote some flaming right-wing Jewish religious fanatic who's against everything else you claim to believe.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Russia and China colonizing African resources is an important topic and of course there are causes, ramifications and threads that make lies of the Q non sequitur
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:49 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:31 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:32 pm Get a grip?

Ok then.

Howsabout we all get a grip and realize that in all likelihood those poor hostages were killed by Israeli forces.

Sorry if that reality conflicts with your world view.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/isra ... rcna152775

You could do a search and find the info that you seek if you made the effort. Or did you do so but reject it because it conflicted with your world view?
okay, fine, forgive me for JuSt AsKiNg QuEsTiOnS again here, but...

what world view, exactly, do think I'm espousing?
"Howsabout we all get a grip and realize that in all likelihood those poor hostages were killed by Israeli forces."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:01 pm
Shirley wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:47 pm They were killed at the music festival and their bodies were transported to Gaza, according to the news sources.

If true, how fucking ghoulish, and likely calculated to increase the number of "hostages" they had to barter with later.
ghoulish, indeed.

but, holy shit, the logistics of that - three bodies killed at a music festival on one side of Gaza in October, somehow not only transported amongst a refugee evacuation line but also somehow preserved well enough to still be identifiable seven months later, like what in the actual fuck.

and, btw, considering the reports of friendly fire on 10/7 and at the music festival, the "likely killed by Israel" point remains valid - especially considering all the circumstantial evidence of friendly fire by Israelis since.
Re'im and Rafah are about 13 miles apart. Come on.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, come on.

13 miles is an awful long way to haul corpses while being forced to evacuate along a refugee corridor, especially preserved well enough, both in terms of natural decay and of ongoing military assaults, to still be identifiable seven months after the fact.

Besides, aren’t hostages more valuable alive than dead?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:34 am
twocoach wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:31 am
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/isra ... rcna152775

You could do a search and find the info that you seek if you made the effort. Or did you do so but reject it because it conflicted with your world view?

"Howsabout we all get a grip and realize that in all likelihood those poor hostages were killed by Israeli forces."
Exactly!

Wait…are we actually making progress here?!

No, prob not.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sparko wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:09 am Russia and China colonizing African resources is an important topic and of course there are causes, ramifications and threads that make lies of the Q non sequitur
If you think Russia and China colonizing African resources is an important topic, well, boy has Q got a western imperialism for you!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Shirley wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:02 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:06 am I’ve never been on tik tok.

And illy, that’s one of your all time worst posts. Like really incredibly horrible.

Now quick, somebody repeat that I’m actually just parroting Putin!

And then, like on what seems like every other thread, you'd supply no evidence* supporting your position, then get upset when no one takes your assertion/question seriously.

*Or, alternatively, in your naiveté to support your point, you might quote some flaming right-wing Jewish religious fanatic who's against everything else you claim to believe.
Ok, consider me tempted.
The “voluntary” resettlement of Palestinians from Gaza is slowly becoming a key official policy of the government, with a senior official saying that Israel has held talks with several countries for their potential absorption.

Zman Israel, The Times of Israel’s Hebrew sister site, has learned that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s coalition is conducting secret contacts for accepting thousands of immigrants from Gaza with Congo, in addition to other nations.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-in ... -plan/amp/

(From last January. There’s more out there yet, including in real time. I suggest you do your own research. Lemme know what you find!)

And, heads up, you might have missed my point by quoting some flaming right wing Jewish fanatic. I do not, in fact, think Hamas hearts Biden.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:47 am
twocoach wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:34 am

Exactly!

Wait…are we actually making progress here?!

No, prob not.
Them being killed by Israeli forces is definitely not the most likely explanation of how they died.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What’s your explanation, then?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:32 pm What’s your explanation, then?
Honest question: why do you care what twocoach thinks is the most logical explanation?

Your mind is made up. Stop looking for validation or to change others opinions. Nobody is going to change their opinion because of you.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

No, my mind is not made up. Another illy gaslight tho, go figure.

I care cuz I’m just genuinely curious what twocoach’s understanding may be for him to come to a conclusion as absolute as a “definitely not”

Again, it’s that sort of confidence, maybe even hubris, that I find fascinating.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:50 pm

I care cuz I’m just genuinely curious what twocoach’s understanding may be for him to come to a conclusion as absolute as a “definitely not”
No you're not. You're not curious. You're eager to tell someone your opinion of why they are wrong and you are right. There's a difference.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:32 pm What’s your explanation, then?
Hey, as KG said, "anything" is possible.
"Anything" except MY being a 31 or 32 year old 6'11" Black guy who could win an NBA Championship.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:04 pm

No you're not. You're not curious. You're eager to tell someone your opinion of why they are wrong and you are right. There's a difference.
No I'm not? You can't possibly keep gaslighting me this hard. Your lantern is gonna run out of fuel soon!

I really am curious here. "Definitely not" is a very high level of confidence, so I'd like to see twocoach's information and rationale to conclude as much.

Cuz the thing is, I'm willing to change my opinion - if I'm wrong with my "likely" assessment, and he's right with his "definitely."

In that regard, there is a difference, indeed.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

actually, I wonder what that would do for Biden's political capital.

Maybe he could win back some of the mostly younger/progressive/of-color voters who are upset with him about Gaza, if he could successfully scapegoat Bibi about it.

And maybe he could somehow scapegoat Bibi about it while also not necessarily dialing back support for Israel at large.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:56 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:04 pm

No I'm not? You can't possibly keep gaslighting me this hard. Your lantern is gonna run out of fuel soon!

I really am curious here. "Definitely not" is a very high level of confidence, so I'd like to see twocoach's information and rationale to conclude as much.

Cuz the thing is, I'm willing to change my opinion - if I'm wrong with my "likely" assessment, and he's right with his "definitely."

In that regard, there is a difference, indeed.
You're wrong with your "likely" assessment. Now I'll wait eagerly for you to change your opinion.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

See, I really am willing to.

You’re gonna have to show your work tho, just like I did.

If you make an attempt at a theory why, I’ll consider it. Heck, I want to consider it!

That’s where so much of the fuss comes from here. I try to think critically and objectively and apply the info at hand. You guys stick to your good guy bad guy prescribed narratives with a “but Santa IS real” sort of sophomoric stubbornness.

Now, before anyone swoops in to just insult me again, please realize - maybe the better move is to actually just show your work?

Or if you unable or unwilling to show your work, be cognizant of it, and realize what a part of the problem it is here.