NBA draft

Kansas Basketball.
DeletedUser

Re: NBA draft

Post by DeletedUser »

He did not enter the transfer portal, so returning anywhere but KU would require sitting out a year if I understand the rules correctly.

I think he's safely in the first round.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Is there usually at least one among the 30 teams that says, yea we’re gonna for sure take you with our first round pick?

How solid is that sort of assurance?

If somebody else is suddenly and unexpectedly available, what then?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:12 pm He did not enter the transfer portal, so returning anywhere but KU would require sitting out a year if I understand the rules correctly.

I think he's safely in the first round.
I don't know the rules correctly.
I don't think he's "safely" in the first round. As of this moment.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:57 pm Is there usually at least one among the 30 teams that says, yea we’re gonna for sure take you with our first round pick?

How solid is that sort of assurance?

If somebody else is suddenly and unexpectedly available, what then?
Answer to your first question is - yes.
Answer to your 2nd question is - your 3rd question is a good one.
Answer to your 3rd question is - I don't know. I have to assume a team tells a player their plan is to take him but if someone else is "suddenly and unexpectedly available" their plan can/will change.

SUPPOSEDLY when the Bulls first found out they had the 3rd pick in 1984 they were planning on taking Sam Perkins because they thought Jordan would go #2 to the Blazers.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:12 pm
Overlander wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 6:24 pm 4.8 points, 2.8 boards, and 2.1 assists.

And yet, spoken of as a first round pick.

Fwiw (nothing), Russell Westbrook's Freshman year he averaged 9 minutes a game, 3.4 points, 0.8 rebounds, and 0.7 assists.
Absolutely no relevance
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:13 pm
Overlander wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 6:24 pm 4.8 points, 2.8 boards, and 2.1 assists.

Fwiw (nothing), Russell Westbrook's Freshman year he averaged 9 minutes a game, 3.4 points, 0.8 rebounds, and 0.7 assists.
Absolutely no relevance
A. I did say "nothing" in regards to "Fwiw. ;)
B. I only mentioned Westbrook because he proved to me that I shouldn't base what type of an NBA player a guy will be based on his Freshman stats alone.
Of course I don't think Bronny will be Westbrook level in the NBA but I do think NBA scouts know more about his ability and ceiling than I do, and if he projects to be a legitimate 1st round pick - who am I to say I know better than they do?
I have zero idea where he's going to get drafted but if I am going to throw out a guess, I'm going to say mid to late 2nd round unless there is some deal in place for him to play with his father (and his father taking a substantial less than market value pay cut).
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I appreciate you highlighting the irrelevance again.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

Better than LeBron's college stats. ;)
Yeah, and look at him now, trash. 😉
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:00 pm
pdub wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:40 pm I love when we get cordial on here.
We all knew Remy wasn’t making the league.
I liked your joke.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Get excited PDub...

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7RtiIIoRKF ... wwaWdiYzIw

Jrue
Brown
Tatum
LeBron
Kristaps
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I mean, I like LeBron so I’d be very excited for that.

Could they afford it though?
I doubt it with a Tatum extension looming.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

My worthless opinions.....
A. If the Celtics win the Championship, they prove they don't need LeBron, and having LeBron AND Bronny wouldn't be much more than a distraction, side show, gimmick, for the Celtics.
B. They can afford it if LeBron truly feels playing with his son and on a Championship team is more important to him than $ and he is willing to take a substantial pay cut.
C. I truly think it would be very cool for LeBron and Bronny to play on a team together. For them. That being said, I can't help but wonder if Bronny might be better off NOT playing with his father. Of course he can and will once LeBron retires and if he is good enough to stick in the league but what a media shit show it would be for the two of them to play together - and yes, no matter what they say, it would be a distraction for them and their teammates.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:54 am I mean, I like LeBron so I’d be very excited for that.

Could they afford it though?
I doubt it with a Tatum extension looming.
Depends how big of a pay cut LeBron is willing to take to play with his kid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The NBA salary cap is mostly a joke though so I think maybe they can pay Tatum using the Bird rights or whatever and I don't know if it counts v the cap?

It's more is the ownership group willing to pay out 300 plus million for Tatum and then double up with a 2 year deal for LeBron for, I dunno, 35 mill a season?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

the issue with Lebron and Bronny is, isn't Bronny like a scrub D1 talent? As of right now.

And while it'd be cool for them to play together, I dunno if it would ever be more than a, mid-1st half Bronny checks in, the officials call timeout, cameras run on the floor, somebody hands Lebron a microphone, Lebron yaps about how proud he is, the floor clears and the game resumes, and Bronny gets smoked for a plus/minus of -75 until he gets pulled 30 seconds later.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Meh.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean, if it really needs to be said -

That’s hyperbole. Meant in a goofy way.

But the gist is, is Bronny actually an NBA talent, or just a famous name with a gimmicky storyline?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Very much the latter at this stage in the game.
He will be drafted, at risk, to try and get a couple seasons of LeBron.

In this case, according to the mock, the Celtics would be spending a 2nd round pick on Bronny - a non guaranteed contract - and the % chance your 2nd rounder hits is pretty low.

If I knew LeBron would join him this is a no brainer for me but i'm a transplant Celtics fan...a lot of the New Englanders have a similar mindset about LeBron as many posters do here ( and maybe more as LeBron faced the Celtics often enough in his career ).
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, Lebron/Celts has been a good rivalry, with those Cavs and Heat playoff matchups
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think LeBron is at worst, still a top 15 player.
If I can add a top 15 player to this current Celtics team with knowing none of the players on this team have beef with him I absolutely do so even if it means a bit of wtf from my fanbase.

But I don't think management, particularly Brad Stevens, would do something like this.

That mock and post was clickbait.