Re: Behind QT

Post by TDub »

you've been unbearable on every board.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m sorry.

I think that’s a bit hyperbolic, but I don’t mean to discount your opinion.

Have you considered simply ignoring me?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:46 am you've been unbearable on every board.
some people’s kids…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:29 am to me, "full illy" is being annoying as fuck on every single bored.
I think you'd meet that criteria then.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you guys don’t like attention whores?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Isn't Ousdahl something like 30-40 years old? Has he considered acting like an adult more often? The goofy/stupid/wannabe class clown thing has gotten old. Especially when the other half of the time he is masquerading around as an enlightened foreign relations expert.

Also Q, it's not everyone else's job to ignore you. I also tried that in the past. It is not how this game works. Almost everyone here is sick of you (at least right now) and doesn't enjoy you being here. You seem to refuse to accept that.

So now, everyday, you ruin most threads you touch, and think it's everyone else's fault, even though shockingly, almost everyone else gets along pretty well right now.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:16 am you guys don’t like attention whores?
I think I'd try to make some friends in real life and give this place a rest, but that's just me.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:19 am Isn't Ousdahl something like 30-40 years old? Has he considered acting like an adult more often? The goofy/stupid/wannabe class clown thing has gotten old. Especially when the other half of the time he is masquerading around as an enlightened foreign relations expert.

Also Q, it's not everyone else's job to ignore you. I also tried that in the past. It is not how this game works. Almost everyone here is sick of you (at least right now) and doesn't enjoy you being here. You seem to refuse to accept that.

So now, everyday, you ruin most threads you touch, and think it's everyone else's fault, even though shockingly, almost everyone else gets along pretty well right now.
this is some artisanal level QT smack talk.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:23 am this is some artisanal level QT smack talk.
The friendly advice was to leave for a while. For the good of everyone. Yourself included.

I am still hoping you consider and I click on a thread to see a new "deleteduser".
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ousdahl doesn't ruin every bored for me...he did, in my definition of full illy, just go full illy over the last couple days.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

For the record, I met ousdahl ~ a year ago and although we didn't spend that much time together, he seemed like a great guy, and was easy to be around.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think he's a sweet and good guy, who has been drawn into (and is now pot-committed to) corners that aren't good places to be.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Shirley wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:29 am For the record, I met ousdahl ~ a year ago and although we didn't spend that much time together, he seemed like a great guy, and was easy to be around.
The internet does weird things to people. I know this first hand. Especially when it feels like a landslide and you want it to stop, but also don't want to tuck tail and run from the conflict.

I believe he is probably more like the person you've met than the person he has become on here.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think there are probably ( i don't read the poli-bored very often ) things he's said that actually have merit and are true and the general group in the poli-bored have probably 'gaslit' him etc. but there have been things i've read where he pulls a randy on the other end of the spectrum ( left vs right or whatever ) but a similar strategy - presenting an idea as fact/inferred as true with no evidence or a level of evidence of, say, me creating a blog here.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:32 am I think there are probably ( i don't read the poli-bored very often ) things he's said that actually have merit and are true and the general group in the poli-bored have probably 'gaslit' him etc. but there have been things i've read where he pulls a randy on the other end of the spectrum ( left vs right or whatever ) but a similar strategy - presenting an idea as fact/inferred as true with no evidence or a level of evidence of, say, me creating a blog here.
I would strongly disagree that any gaslighting has gone on. That is, in my opinion, a severe exaggeration and misuse of the term.

I generally feel that, intentionally or otherwise, the complaints about how he has been treated tend to minimize his part in things, and dramatically overstate the heat he is catching (and obscure what that heat is even for).
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Despite the intent of this thread - thanks to those who have offered kind words.

Im going to refrain from trying to discuss every single point brought up that’s worth discussing, cuz I know all too well it’s NOT worth discussing.

All I’d like to say for now is - by the very nature of the abuse, I think that more benefit of the doubt should be given to the gaslit, more so than the gaslighter.

So if someone says they feel gaslit, the more appropriate response is to pause, try to conjure a little humility, and at least be open to the idea that it’s happening; rather than to double down like, “I would strongly disagree!”
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

abuse...lol
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:50 pmabuse...lol
^^^^^^

he is a victim…just of his own behavior
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:43 pm Despite the intent of this thread - thanks to those who have offered kind words.

Im going to refrain from trying to discuss every single point brought up that’s worth discussing, cuz I know all too well it’s NOT worth discussing.

All I’d like to say for now is - by the very nature of the abuse, I think that more benefit of the doubt should be given to the gaslit, more so than the gaslighter.

So if someone says they feel gaslit, the more appropriate response is to pause, try to conjure a little humility, and at least be open to the idea that it’s happening; rather than to double down like, “I would strongly disagree!”
Ous.

viewtopic.php?p=397862&hilit=gaslighting#p397862

You should stop claiming to be a victim of something that is plainly not occurring.

If you think people are treating you unfairly, then say that.

But by continuing to seek out a position of victimhood through accusations of something that is plainly not occurring, you don't exactly keep a lot of high ground for claiming unfair treatment.

You are not being manipulated or coercively controlled, at least by anyone here. You are simply being told and shown, directly and out loud, that your reasoning is flawed as to some very particular and specific things.