Behind QT

You Love It.
ousdahl

Re: Behind QT

Post by ousdahl »

You guys keep it up, and so will I…at least in this thread.

I know you try to label me as randy, but bear in mind, that dood’s kooks are like, “maybe vaccines are a hoax,” then ignores all the info that proves that is not so.

Contrast that with me saying things like, “I kinda wish your and my tax dollars weren’t paying for the bombs being dropped on little kids,” then you guys ignore all the info that DOES prove it is so, instead leaning on personal attacks and name calling and - yes - gaslights!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:57 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:43 pm Despite the intent of this thread - thanks to those who have offered kind words.

Im going to refrain from trying to discuss every single point brought up that’s worth discussing, cuz I know all too well it’s NOT worth discussing.

All I’d like to say for now is - by the very nature of the abuse, I think that more benefit of the doubt should be given to the gaslit, more so than the gaslighter.

So if someone says they feel gaslit, the more appropriate response is to pause, try to conjure a little humility, and at least be open to the idea that it’s happening; rather than to double down like, “I would strongly disagree!”
Ous.

viewtopic.php?p=397862&hilit=gaslighting#p397862

You should stop claiming to be a victim of something that is plainly not occurring.

If you think people are treating you unfairly, then say that.

But by continuing to seek out a position of victimhood through accusations of something that is plainly not occurring, you don't exactly keep a lot of high ground for claiming unfair treatment.

You are not being manipulated or coercively controlled, at least by anyone here. You are simply being told and shown, directly and out loud, that your reasoning is flawed as to some very particular and specific things.
Fish.

THIS IS MORE GASLIGHTING.

Just like I replied to that post at the time - exactly!

Or, if my reasoning IS flawed, then where the fuck is twocoach’s “definitely not” rebuttal?

Among ALL THE OTHER SHIT YOU CHOOSE TO SIMPLY NOT understand
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And in case no one has noticed, I’m managing to separate the pols bored/QT drama with just posting normal shit on other boreds.

We have hoops! And travel! And bbq!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

how big of you

jfc

did your coworkers pat you on the back for that, too?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:43 pm Despite the intent of this thread - thanks to those who have offered kind words.

Im going to refrain from trying to discuss every single point brought up that’s worth discussing, cuz I know all too well it’s NOT worth discussing.

All I’d like to say for now is - by the very nature of the abuse, I think that more benefit of the doubt should be given to the gaslit, more so than the gaslighter.

So if someone says they feel gaslit, the more appropriate response is to pause, try to conjure a little humility, and at least be open to the idea that it’s happening; rather than to double down like, “I would strongly disagree!”
Ous.

You should stop claiming to be a victim of something that is plainly not occurring.

But by continuing to seek out a position of victimhood through accusations of something that is plainly not occurring, you don't exactly keep a lot of high ground for claiming unfair treatment.

You are not being manipulated or coercively controlled, at least by anyone here. You are simply being told and shown, directly and out loud, that your reasoning is flawed as to some very particular and specific things.
seems to me that the only manipulation is coming from the one who continues to misrepresent the stances of others
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:03 pm

Ous.

Fish.

THIS IS MORE GASLIGHTING.

Just like I replied to that post at the time - exactly!

Or, if my reasoning IS flawed, then where the fuck is twocoach’s “definitely not” rebuttal?

Among ALL THE OTHER SHIT YOU CHOOSE TO SIMPLY NOT understand
Please go find an objectively-qualified professional’s definition of gaslighting that you think very BEST supports your claim of being gaslit, and let’s talk about it. Let’s talk about this in the terms that are the very MOST favorable to your claim.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:43 pm So if someone says they feel gaslit, the more appropriate response is to pause, try to conjure a little humility, and at least be open to the idea that it’s happening; rather than to double down like, “I would strongly disagree!”
Yea, no, I don't play by some of these new rules that the youngins go by.
The above doesn't work for me across the board.
And if it does, boy, have you been gaslighting LeBron for years, you should pause and conjure some more humility.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:12 pm

Ous.

seems to me that the only manipulation is coming from the one who continues to misrepresent the stances of others
DARVO
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

well, I certainly don't mean to misrepresent. Forgive me if I have. If you'd like to identify anything particular and discuss, I'm willing. (see, isn't that a better way of responding to that than, "but you aren't being misrepresented!!!!")

for real you guys, I feel rotten about what this all has become. I feel very much at fault. I'd even go so far as to say, I'm sorry, again. Or at least try to say I'm sorry...but we remember how that went.

(does "BuT YeR NoT ReAlLy SoRrY" count as gaslighting?

cuz it kinda DID make me question my own reality. Like, I do feel sorry, but am I really sorry? I think I am, but also feel like I wanna call out that sort of comment as manipulative, as if it's meant less as constructive and more as just combative, or...I digress...perhaps...)

not trying to melt down or go jdavis or full illy, but there's a couple more things I'd like to discuss. Please bear with!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

okay.

I think people are treating me unfairly.

Now what?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:46 pm

okay.

Now what?
Nothing.

You think you're being treated unfairly and other people disagree and think you deserve it.

I actually think many people have had the kiddy gloves on with you because they feel bad for you.

Either way, you're clearly loving all the attention.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:45 pm well, I certainly don't mean to misrepresent. Forgive me if I have.
I gotta call bullshit on that one.

You do every single day. In nearly every topic. It's your thing.

You did it with LeBron earlier. Not expecting PDub to take the time to find the quote and make you look foolish for clearly misrepresenting what he said and why he said it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and one more thing...just gotta ask...again:
ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:10 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:14 am somebody should take a break, and it’s not mjl
So you think I said the more inappropriate things? And/or that the things he said are warranted?

for real...what in the actual fuck?

Like, what did trad mean by this comment?

did he really mean to suggest the one who really acted that inappropriately here was me? As if to suggest mjl did NOT act inappropriately by, or should otherwise take a break from, MAKING DEATH THREATS?

and for the rest of the bored at large - and I'm phrasing this strongly since we're in this thread - how in the actual fuck did not a single one of you pathetic loosers condemn literal fucking death threats, or even so much as say a "whoa mjl kinda went a little far with that one"

can we chalk this up to maybe you guys treating me, as fish put it, unfairly?

Not that I'm trying to play the victim, but what in the actual fuck?

Can we at least use this as an example to realize maybe you guys have kinda been a tad unfair or unreasonable or un-something in the way you've acted toward me?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:53 pm

okay.

Now what?
Nothing.

You think you're being treated unfairly and other people disagree and think you deserve it.

I actually think many people have had the kiddy gloves on with you because they feel bad for you.

Either way, you're clearly loving all the attention.
holy shit.

did mjl have his kiddy gloves on when he threatened to kill me?

or did I deserve those death threats too?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:55 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:45 pm well, I certainly don't mean to misrepresent. Forgive me if I have.
I gotta call bullshit on that one.

You do every single day. In nearly every topic. It's your thing.

You did it with LeBron earlier. Not expecting PDub to take the time to find the quote and make you look foolish for clearly misrepresenting what he said and why he said it.
actually, yea, I was trying to gaslight Lebron, he's too damn sensitive for a dood that size.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

JFC
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

okay.

Now what?
Now move on.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:59 pm

okay.

Now what?
Now move on.
I'm trying to.

If, going forward, I feel others continue to treat me unfairly, what course of action would you suggest?
Last edited by ousdahl on Thu May 23, 2024 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:59 pm Now move on.
LOL
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:00 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:59 pm

okay.

Now what?
Now move on.
I'm trying to.

If, going forward, I feel others continue to treat me unfairly, what course of action would you suggest?
Leave?

Find a place that makes you happy and where you make others happy?

Or stay, and deal with it?