Behind QT

You Love It.
ousdahl

Re: Behind QT

Post by ousdahl »

oh.

so if I treat you in a way you think is unfair, does that mean you'll leave too?

you know...for the sake of having all this space behind QT to myself...
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:01 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:00 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:59 pm

Now move on.
I'm trying to.

If, going forward, I feel others continue to treat me unfairly, what course of action would you suggest?
Leave?

Find a place that makes you happy and where you make others happy?

Or stay, and deal with it?
Glad someone else gave him the obvious answer. Job well done.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:03 pm oh.

so if I treat you in a way you think is unfair, does that mean you'll leave too?

you know...for the sake of having all this space behind QT to myself...
No. I probably won't leave.

But I have left in the past when I was in your spot. And it helped. It helped me. It helped the other posters. And shockingly, when I came back, and after proving over time that I changed (mostly), others started treating me "better". And I started treating others better. It's part of being an adult.

One thing I am certain that doesn't work is posting 100s of times a day complaining about how you're being treated. Or repeating your case. Nobody cares. That isn't how the game is played.

You've had 3 or 4 people, jfish/shirley/pdub included, say nice things about you in the last 24hrs or so. You should take those to heart and be content they cared enough to say those things for you to hear.

Post less. Or not at all. At least for a while. I think it'll help you.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

dude, I DO post less.

far less than I used to.

the 100s of times a day is so hyperbolic. I don't post that much about ANYTHING, let alone how I'm being treated. Has it occurred to you that maybe your perception of me is maybe a tad...unreasonable?

but honestly, I think the more adult thing to do is just figure out how to get along without doing something as antagonistic as trying to force someone to leave.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:00 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:59 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:46 pm

okay.

I think people are treating me unfairly.

Now what?
Now move on.
I'm trying to.

If, going forward, I feel others continue to treat me unfairly, what course of action would you suggest?
I would suggest feeling satisfied that you’ve aired your grievances, walking away until you no longer feel compelled to be combative on this stuff, and trusting that the people that have been involved here - mostly Politics board people who are pretty rational - will let you move on, and will engage with you in good faith, if you avoid falling into the same shit.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:16 pm
but honestly, I think the more adult thing to do is just figure out how to get along without doing something as antagonistic as trying to force someone to leave.
Many people have tried. This started with the Russia/Ukraine stuff. In early 2022. It is now mid 2024. You've been in a 2+ year long meltdown.

Nobody is trying to force you to leave. I haven't seen anyone offer PDub money to ban you. I suggested you leave, but I don't really care whether you leave or not. Because I guess if we are being honest I don't really care that much whether you're happy or not, and I personally don't find that your presence decreases my enjoyment of the site significantly, but understand if others feel differently.

But as a guy who has recently said he is depressed, sure seems like better places for you to spend your time. For your own sanity.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:16 pm dude, I DO post less.

far less than I used to.

the 100s of times a day is so hyperbolic. I don't post that much about ANYTHING, let alone how I'm being treated. Has it occurred to you that maybe your perception of me is maybe a tad...unreasonable?

Has it occurred to you that maybe your perception of yourself is maybe a tad...unreasonable?
Has it occurred to you that maybe your perception of what others think about you is maybe a tad...unreasonable?
God bless Illi for taking the time to give you some honest, what I feel is good, advice.

I think the majority of the people on here truly do like you and some actually care about you and your well being. Myself included. Despite my being annoyed, upset, frustrated, and even angry, with you at times.
You feel you are being treated unfairly. You have expressed it. That's a good thing.
Now it's duly noted by those who have read you say it repeatedly.
They have a choice to be kinder to you or not to give a shit. If people don't change, then what is YOUR choice? How do YOU resolve YOUR issue? Like I said, I feel Illi gave you some good suggestions.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“ and for the rest of the bored at large - and I'm phrasing this strongly since we're in this thread - how in the actual fuck did not a single one of you pathetic loosers condemn literal fucking death threats, or even so much as say a "whoa mjl kinda went a little far with that one"

You incorrectly assume I didn’t PM him/moderate.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

MFs, it pains me to have to post this. On a board that isn't the Pol Bd. Which I avoid like the f'ing plague.

But this sh*t is what happens nowadays on a forum with a "pol board".

It always bleeds into every other board, and later, every other topic. It'll ruin things in the absence of some self-discipline by the posters.

It's happening here, on Satellite. None of you can stop yourselves.

There's piss everywhere in here.

And, fwiw (casual observer; not claiming any spl insight), I don't think ousey's wrong in every respect.

Also, there is a lot of piling on.
Last edited by ChalkRocker on Thu May 23, 2024 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Piling on is what happens on a messageboard when a very active poster endlessly presents contrarian points of view about sensitive topics that they are clearly uneducated about.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It’s the “offseason”…these kinda tirades are cyclical.

I do agree CR that this thread would be better in Off Topic. And I agree there is some piling on.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:21 pm Piling on is what happens on a messageboard when a very active poster endlessly presents contrarian points of view about sensitive topics that they are clearly uneducated about.
Even now, you can't stop yourself, I think.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

that pos just can’t help himself

childish trash
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s my fault that q continues, even after getting called out numerous times for it, to intentionally misrepresent the stances and posts of others

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:57 am it’s my fault that q continues, even after getting called out numerous times for it, to intentionally misrepresent the stances and posts of others
Those kind of tactics don't work well on a sit with about a dozen active posters. Most of us are fairly aware of the other posters, their personalities, and their stances on various topics. Gutter, Plano, and myself change names a lot to keep you guys on your toes. Keeps you sharp.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

sigh.
What's the problem now?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

nothing “new”

continuance of the same temper tantrum