NBA draft

Kansas Basketball.
DeletedUser

Re: NBA draft

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:27 pm "But I’m ready for the challenge."
Right.

What position did LeBron play last year?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

OK i retract my statements about bronny being a good kid and not deserving all the hate/criticism. Bronny is now refusing to sign a 2 way contract and play in the g league

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7XCHf8xHxH ... Z4MjR6ZQ==
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Which is an insaneeeee move for someone with his resume. Maybe it can be blamed on his agent or his daddy. But this is a kid who has no business in draft conversations based on his own personal resume, and before the draft he is now refusing to sign a 2 way contract or play g league
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:36 am
pdub wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:28 am "I do think Bronny gets a lot of undeserved hate..."

Well said.
100 percent. I don't think bronny has ever done anything to put himself out there. He should he an under the radar guy nobody has heard about, yet people hate and hate

Reminds me, in a way, of when lonzo ball was always getting hated on, because of how obnoxious his father was

Bronny seems to be a good kid that just wants to play ball and live his own journey
What "hate" is Bronny getting as an individual? Maybe I just have a different social media feed than you. All I see is people pointing out that he would not be even remotely discussed as a draft pick if his Dad wasn't LeBron James. His basketball skills are not those of an NBA caliber player on his own merits.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:11 pm OK i retract my statements about bronny being a good kid and not deserving all the hate/criticism. Bronny is now refusing to sign a 2 way contract and play in the g league

Seems like common sense. Especially if LeBron is going to be a package deal. Two way contracts have limitations and restrictions.

They are looking for a team to develop Bronny. And in return they get a few years of LeBron. They don't want Bronny thrown to the wolves in the g league where very little development happens for most guys. He is in a unique spot. If he was going to do g league he'd have just stayed in college.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:53 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:11 pm OK i retract my statements about bronny being a good kid and not deserving all the hate/criticism. Bronny is now refusing to sign a 2 way contract and play in the g league

Seems like common sense. Especially if LeBron is going to be a package deal. Two way contracts have limitations and restrictions.

They are looking for a team to develop Bronny. And in return they get a few years of LeBron. They don't want Bronny thrown to the wolves in the g league where very little development happens for most guys. He is in a unique spot. If he was going to do g league he'd have just stayed in college.
But this gets to the bigger "parenting" question I guess - are Bronny's interests really being served this way?

Question only for the family, BUT given the circumstances, I don't think this is something where you really need to prioritize the most/soonest guaranteed dollars.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:03 pm

But this gets to the bigger "parenting" question I guess - are Bronny's interests really being served this way?

Question only for the family, BUT given the circumstances, I don't think this is something where you really need to prioritize the most/soonest guaranteed dollars.
I don't think money has anything to do with it. I think they know they can leverage the possibility of LeBron joining if you draft Bronny. They want to make sure that team is pot committed to developing Bronny.

I almost wonder if it wouldn't be best for Bronny to go undrafted so he can handpick the best situation for he and LeBron to go to.

Maybe it'll just be the Lakers.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:23 pm

I don't think money has anything to do with it. I think they know they can leverage the possibility of LeBron joining if you draft Bronny. They want to make sure that team is pot committed to developing Bronny.

I almost wonder if it wouldn't be best for Bronny to go undrafted so he can handpick the best situation for he and LeBron to go to.

That's my point, though - right now, Bronny as a prospect is, highly (IMO) charitably, somewhere between Jackson and Furphy?

Is being the 15th guy on an NBA roster for 82 games/year for the next three years really how he will best develop?

I would say that is unlikely!
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Fish do you think bronny is a better prospect than elmarko right now?

How silly would it be if elmarko had declared and was refusing to sign any 2 way contracts
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:29 pm

That's my point, though - right now, Bronny as a prospect is, highly (IMO) charitably, somewhere between Jackson and Furphy?

Is being the 15th guy on an NBA roster for 82 games/year for the next three years really how he will best develop?

No. Definitely not, but probably superior to the g league..... either way, it's the best way (for him) to develop while also being able to play with his dad.

I think he'd have been better off spending the next 2-3 years at place like Duke KU UNC or Arkansas. At a big time program and/or under a big time coach. But if he did that then he will likely miss the window where he can play with LeBron.

Maybe after his health scare he is fine playing a few years with his dad, even though he won't play, and then when his dad retires and the teams undoubtedly cut him because he's not good enough, then he'll move onto whatever is next for him.

He won't be the first NBA player to have a roster spot just because of a family member. Giannis' brother is awful and he gets an end of bench spot in Milwaukee to keep his brother happy.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:01 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:29 pm

No. Definitely not, but probably superior to the g league..... either way, it's the best way (for him) to develop while also being able to play with his dad.

I think he'd have been better off spending the next 2-3 years at place like Duke KU UNC or Arkansas. At a big time program and/or under a big time coach. But if he did that then he will likely miss the window where he can play with LeBron.

Maybe after his health scare he is fine playing a few years with his dad, even though he won't play, and then when his dad retires and the teams undoubtedly cut him because he's not good enough, then he'll move onto whatever is next for him.

He won't be the first NBA player to have a roster spot just because of a family member. Giannis' brother is awful and he gets an end of bench spot in Milwaukee to keep his brother happy.
Agreed.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:31 pm Fish do you think bronny is a better prospect than elmarko right now?

How silly would it be if elmarko had declared and was refusing to sign any 2 way contracts
I agree with you. Neither is really draftable right now on his own merits.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

odd question
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Ok guys, I've been as harsh on Bronny as anyone, and I don't feel he's an NBA talent RIGHT NOW, but let's take a minute to look at MY big picture.
a. Obviously I don't know every player but I can't name 59 other guys who are draft eligible who I feel will definitely be a better NBA player than he MIGHT be. Can you?
b. I happen to think Bronny has skills. Ok, so his college "numbers" were lacking but how do you feel about his defense? What about his court smarts ("Basketball IQ")? Pretty darn good.
c. How did Bronny fare against other guys at the Combine? Pretty darn good.
d. How did Bronny do at "camps" against his peers? Pretty darn good. Granted, those were pre heart issue.
e. How does Bronny hurt ANY team by being their 15th or 18th player? He doesn't.
f. What is the risk of drafting him? I can't think of any, other than you miss out on someone who may be a bigger/better contributor to your team. Ok, kind of the same risk if you don't draft him. You may get someone who isn't as big/better of a contributor than he may have been.
g. Go back to what I said at the end of d. THAT to me is the biggest red flag regarding him. Yes, he's been medically cleared but an NBA player with a heart issue has to be a legitimate concern.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I’m sorry, the biggest red flag is that he isn’t that good at basketball.

Is a draft pick, the rookie salary and a roster spot a worthwhile price to pay, to get Bron? In a vacuum, probably so.

But to me, it would be just another in a long line of GM Bron moves that isn’t directed at maximizing his chances of winning.

Which is one hundred percent fine, his prerogative.

But I remain tired of getting sold a bill of goods about how competitive Bron is.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I don't know. I think it's actually one of the first moves "GM Bron" has made that definitely isn't about maximizing his chances of winning.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Some rumor/s out there that LeBron and Bronny will be joining forces in Phoenix.
I have one comment in regards to those rumors. Can you hear me laughing? LOUD.
Unless in the past 5 days LeBron came to the Suns and told them he will basically play for free, that rumor is probably about as valid as a rumor that I will be a speaker at the DNC.
Which one of my co-workers told another co-worker as a BIG joke. The second co-worker actually asked - "really"?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I don't think any team has any idea what LeBron is going to do. Including the Lakers.

I don't think anyone will know anything meaningful until after the draft is complete and we see if someone takes Bronny.

If Phoenix takes Bronny with the 22nd pick, then I suspect Phoenix is where LeBron will go.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Phoenix would make sense if Bron and Durant can coexist.
Beal, Booker, Bron, Durant is pretty solid even with the age issue.
Nurkic is good enough on defense…and try Bron at point!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Feels like they'd be better with a piece that actually fit instead of Beal. Regardless of whether LeBron is there or not. But I'm not a big Bradley Beal fan. I think he's put up big numbers on bad teams and got himself overpaid/overvalued because of it. Which is fine, good for him.