Royals

Other Sports.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Royals

Post by Sparko »

Siri hit a foul pop fly and should have been out in the 7th. But it hit the stupid roof catwalk and careened away from Vinnie. Had to get four outs. Tied the game because of that.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

7 to 4 Royals in 11 innings!

Wooooo Hoooooo!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Did you go or going this afternoon?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:35 am Did you go or going this afternoon?
No. I was thinking about it last night, then saw it's showing on ESPN+.

So instead, because the temp was actually below 80 for a change when I got up this morning, I went for a 22 mile bike ride.

Then, when I went to pull the game up on ESPN+ at 1:00, it turns out it's blacked out in the Tampa Bay area................ Snake-bit much!!!

So now, I'm watching Wichita State play Tulane in the AAC tournament championship on ESPN+, instead.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Quartraro strikes again. Sigh. Just when you think he is putting it together. Left Wacha in after a 33 pitch 6th inning. Single. Double. Brings in a struggling Schreiber. Four runs. Did not scout the starter well either. The Royals are doing well, but Q has some massive warts managing. Ran into the second out at home plate in the 8th. Sigh
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

LOLOLOL.

1. They just won 8 in a row. 8.
2. Wacha was PERFECT through 5. Gonna give him a little leeway.
3. Struggling? What? Dude is human.
4. Only a perfect throw gets Witt at the plate there. But I did question him running, given situation. I'm pretty sure that wasn't Q's call.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Yesterday was pretty lucky. Q still figuring things out with pitching. Seven run leads have been nice
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Joe Ryan who has never lost to the Royals on the mound as the team starting to swing at bad pitches again. Massey out.
Bobby Witt drops a pop fly that allows a 6th run to score in the 8th. Grounds weakly out after the Royals storm back to end the game again. Sigh. He is not George Brett yet
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Buxton took out Vinnie's knee running well inside the first base line. Pretty dirty play. Vinnie was reaching for a high throw and did everything right.

This long road trip chipping away at the roster. Q forcing mistakes on the base paths too. The pickoff plays have been awful. Stealing bases with a guy not confortable taking a lead. Not having enough bats at the ML Level.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Royal's announcers spent quite a bit of time saying it wasn't dirty, but conspiracy on!

Baserunning definitely forced, but, really, that's how this team is going to manufacture runs.

Witt definitely not clutch the last 3 days. At all. Again, though, I suppose we should allow him to be a bit human.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Looking for the fielder, Buxton moved further into him. A long history between he and the Royals. My point there is that he is supposed to take the safe outside the line runner's lane. Wonder if he blames them for his injury in 2022. Sure do want better corrections at the plate for batters. Brutal. Speaking of announcers, gave a long revisionist history of Staumont. Royals could sure use him.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

What kills me about Q. Royals have a five run lead. Garcia walks to start the 7th. And the Royals do not run against a bad move pitcher. Witt eventually grounds out 6-4. Then Witt is at 1B as a statue. Where Salvy will eventually ground out into a 5-4-3 DP. Running against a 100 mph fastballer last night. Tonight, in zero pressure, would have scratched another run just hitting and running in the 7th. The Royals often score enough to hide his weaknesses this year. But man.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Q pinch hit for Frazier with the weak gloved Hamson who missed routine plays at 2B in the 8th. Started a baaaad rally. Q doesn't consider defense enough. Also not a good feel for relievers. Royals a couple of pitchers and bats away, but am tired of Q learning slowly. Giving away Barlow and Staumont was genius too. Bullpen is atrocious right now. I am watching seven hits in a row as another winnable game is botched. Edit: a Padres record 11 hits in the 8th inning. 11-3. And a dead ball away from tying it 11-11 in the 9th. Velazques hit a 100mph fastball square on the barrell and it didn't leave the park. Hmmm.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Royals could really use a win here…a very bad stretch recently.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Playing poor fundamental baseball. Q is at fault. They have guys in Triple A. No reason you have Hampson and Renfro wasting ABs. Obviously they needed Staumont and Barlow back. But they better get help now. Teams have also gotten the Royals to swing at bad pitches again. The Hitting instruction has almost ruined Melendez. But BIG win finally. Valezquez lava hot
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Next month a bit brutal. Hope they don’t fall off side of cliff.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If they can go like .450 in the next 3 weeks they should be ok.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Beep bop boop.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Was thinking the Royals should incorporate the Monarch's lineage and stats as a part of their club heritage. The club name is an obvious tip of the cap to it. The two did not coexist, like the Pilots and Rangers for example. It is really just a way to preserve the heritage and bring it forward. Anyway, my two cents. The clubs shared a lot of heritage through Buck.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Bobby Witt clutch. Yay. He’s been not clutch of late.