So...you people are really going to go with that, huh?

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: So...you people are really going to go with that, huh?

Post by DCHawk1 »

There "they" go again, hypnotizing the world into believing that they're victims of something...

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/roc ... -1.7022326
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:20 pm There "they" go again, hypnotizing the world into believing that they're victims of something...

I'm not trying to get involved in the rest of this I haven't read it and probably wouldn't care.

The "rockets" aren't a serious threat. From strictly a security stand point Israel typically responds disproportionately to these attacks.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

RussianHawk wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:07 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:20 pm There "they" go again, hypnotizing the world into believing that they're victims of something...

I'm not trying to get involved in the rest of this I haven't read it and probably wouldn't care.

The "rockets" aren't a serious threat. From strictly a security stand point Israel typically responds disproportionately to these attacks.
Do you have to go to a shelter randomly and suddenly throughout the day and live in fear?

As for disproportionate - they should respond by attacking random civilians with small-ish rockets? What should the response be?

If somebody kept poking you and poking you and poking you, and they have madr it clear that if given the opportunity they would poke you to death, you wouldn't at least punch them?
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

You can paint whatever picture you want. From a strictly security view the response is disproportionate.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Here is the picture I choose to paint....
You stated the rockets "aren't a serious threat". Let me ask you this, if your child was killed by a rocket would you still not think the rocket was a "serious threat"?
I ask because I have been to Sderot and spent an hour with Jonathan Abukasis at the school that bears the photo of his dead daughter (who was killed by a rocket while trying to protect her brother) at it's entrance.

In terms of the "disproportionate" responses, I am 100% against innocent Palestinians getting killed. If that's what you mean by "disproportionate" then I actually agree with you.
That being said, as long as rockets are launched from Gaza at INNOCENT Israeli CIVILIANS with the intent of injuring and/or killing them, I will never be against Israel wiping out any and all terrorist related targets - to whatever extreme they choose.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Don't worry more Americans will kill each other this weekend than anything that happens there.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

Gutter wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:28 pm Here is the picture I choose to paint....
You stated the rockets "aren't a serious threat". Let me ask you this, if your child was killed by a rocket would you still not think the rocket was a "serious threat"?
I ask because I have been to Sderot and spent an hour with Jonathan Abukasis at the school that bears the photo of his dead daughter (who was killed by a rocket while trying to protect her brother) at it's entrance.

In terms of the "disproportionate" responses, I am 100% against innocent Palestinians getting killed. If that's what you mean by "disproportionate" then I actually agree with you.
That being said, as long as rockets are launched from Gaza at INNOCENT Israeli CIVILIANS with the intent of injuring and/or killing them, I will never be against Israel wiping out any and all terrorist related targets - to whatever extreme they choose.
Nice story -- still not a serious threat. Additionally, I don't think the intent if the rockets are to kill people.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Rockets have intent? seems their only ability is to soar, fall, ignite and explode. Destroying and killing whatever is in the vicinity of their landing zone.

If the landing zone is in a populated area then that carries a known risk (and, thus intent) of killing.
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

RussianHawk wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:33 am
Gutter wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:28 pm Here is the picture I choose to paint....

Nice story -- still not a serious threat. Additionally, I don't think the intent if the rockets are to kill people.
The intent is to terrorize. Matching that proportionately doesn't disincentive it enough. And given that the people there voted a terrorist organization into political power, I have a hard time feeling sorry for them.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

RussianHawk wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:33 am

"Nice story"? Are you really that heartless? I wasn't there when it happened but I have to assume there was nothing "nice" about a kid getting shrapnel in her brain and her family witnessing her die. Again, I get it, you choose to think the rockets are not a serious threat. I beg to differ.
The intent of the people firing the rockets is to injure and/or kill people. Pretty fucking plain and simple - isn't it? If you disagree please share with me and others what you feel the intent is.

Not that you give a shit but here are some photos I took of the late morning/early afternoon I spent with Mr. Abukasis.

Here is a photo of the picture I mentioned in my earlier post.
An INNOCENT CHILD WAS KILLED by one of those rockets that you claim are "not a serious threat".
To me, death and killing another human being is as "serious" as it gets.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I think the intent of the rockets is threefold:

1. As mjl says, "to terrrorize."

2. To provoke a reaction. "OMG the IDF is responding sooooooooooooooo disproportionately. And since we do our very best to store our weapons and our fighters alongside civilians, the Jooze are trying to kill civilians!" This is especially true ahead of an election and in the case that an indicted Prime Minister is fighting for his life and Hamas and Fatah terrorists know that any response will be viewed through a "wag the dog" lens.

3. If they happen to kill somebody, then GREAT!

It's cynical. It's heartless. And it hurts the Palestinian people every bit as much as does the Israelis. Which is sorta the point.

But hey,NBD...
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Who could ever have guessed that this is what it would come to?

So fucking stoopid.

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1 ... 0638780418
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

I see. So they banned the ones that are in the hands of the crazies or just the ones for sale.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I'd be more impressed if he didn't hold a sign and pose for the BBC.

But...whatever...
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

BBC<paparazzi
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas