OFFICIAL MELTDOWN THREAD

Kansas Basketball.
TDub
Contributor

Re: OFFICIAL MELTDOWN THREAD

Post by TDub »

that's true but a totally irrelevant analogy.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

lobster wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:37 am lol, you lawyers are all about assigning false blame to people. Shit happens. No one is to blame if a meteor hits a home.
So many great points being made . . .
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Last night went precisely as I expected. Out of it by the 2nd tv timeout.

I have already turned the page to next season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I can try and make that analogy work.
The team in Armageddon stopped a meteor from hitting a home ( or lots of homes ).
This year Bill Self had some unexpected disasters ( there's a fire, one of the ships is destroyed by debris, the drill bit to break the asteroid breaks ) but he also assembled the crew to drill the nuke into the asteroid and came up with the plan.
In this case, they still succeeded in destroying the meteor but more pieces of it hit Earth than most would have wanted - so while in the end, there was some measure of success, maybe had Bill rearranged his team, or flight pattern, things could have been different.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Feral wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:15 am
twocoach wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:05 am
pdub wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:32 pm If we're grading on an average Self season, then he gets a D.
If we're grading on an average season for a head coach of a division 1 NCAA team, he gets a B.
With both Vick and Dok, this Kansas team played the following tourney teams away from home:
beat #2 seed Michigan State by 5
beat #2 seed Tennessee by 6
beat #5 seed Marquette by 9

Without both Vick and Dok, this Kansas team played the following tourney teams away from home:
lost to #3 seed Texas Tech by 29
lost to #5 seed Auburn by 14
lost to #6 seed Iowa State by 12
lost to #9 seed Oklahoma by 13

Look this season with Udoka is what we would have expected. Udoka going in to this year was going to be our impossible to stop inside force of destruction.

Big 12 champs
#1 seed and a run in the tourney

De Sousa going in to this year was wild card. Knowing that we have a problem but huge luxury if he plays. Udoka gets hurt and the luxury turns into a necessity. De Sousa gets whacked by the NCAA and that is when we started to lose our identity.

This brings us to Vick. Vick going in is a luxury. WE go small ball and we need Vick. We need the good version of Vick. Vick becomes a necessity not a luxury and ....... my thought is Self realized he needed Vick at his best and Vick flakes and goes away. Which is when we really lost our identity.

Which left us with either MCCORMACK and Lawson playing and continuing on with our original plan or Lawson and the small ball which we did not have the personnel for.

To me Grimes and AGBAJI ended up in the same spot. Started out like superstars and ended up like.....They were ballin in the beginning and then started thinkin. You can't be ballin if your brain is thinkin it just has to be natural.

MCCORMACK and AGBAJI are in caps strictly because when the season started they were no way projected to be starters in the NCAA tournament.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

^^^^^
That.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

pdub wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:00 pm I can try and make that analogy work.
The team in Armageddon stopped a meteor from hitting a home ( or lots of homes ).
This year Bill Self had some unexpected disasters ( there's a fire, one of the ships is destroyed by debris, the drill bit to break the asteroid breaks ) but he also assembled the crew to drill the nuke into the asteroid and came up with the plan.
In this case, they still succeeded in destroying the meteor but more pieces of it hit Earth than most would have wanted - so while in the end, there was some measure of success, maybe had Bill rearranged his team, or flight pattern, things could have been different.

lol, appreciated!