Evaluating Bill Self's future at Kansas and five candidates to one day replace the Hall of Famer

Kansas Basketball.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Evaluating Bill Self's future at Kansas and five candidates to one day replace the Hall of Famer

Post by DCHawk1 »

I like Altman, but he's 5 years older than Bill.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
historyhawk

Re: Evaluating Bill Self's future at Kansas and five candidates to one day replace the Hall of Famer

Post by historyhawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:11 pm I like Altman, but he's 5 years older than Bill.
That is the reason I put him in the acceptable tab. He is a good enough coach and recruiter, but he is not even close to an ideal candidate.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Fair enough.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

historyhawk wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:38 pm Top Picks:
1. Jay Wright
2. Billy Donovan
Up and Coming
1. Will Wade
2. Dan Hurley
Long shots:
1. Brad Stevens
2. Mark Few
Acceptable:
1. John Beilien
2. Dana Altman
NO:
1. Sean Miller
2. Shaka Smart
3. Gregg Marshall
Everyone on your list is too old except for the up and comers and Stevens, unless Self retires in less than 5 years.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

David Padgett.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hell, how old is bofh?
Isn't he coaching 8th grade girls?
Up and comer.
historyhawk

Post by historyhawk »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:16 pm Everyone on your list is too old except for the up and comers and Stevens, unless Self retires in less than 5 years.
I should have given context to avoid this issue. I agree I was talking about who I would want to be the Coach of KU if Bill Self retired right now.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

I think the ship has sailed on Brad Stevens ever coaching in college again....And if we are talking about Self leaving today then it's laughable to think he'd leave the Celtics to coach at Kansas.
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But not on Hoiberg!
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

“...Self...has talked recently about wanting to coach at Kansas for a long time still.”
http://m.kusports.com/news/2019/apr/02/ ... sas-other/
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

Fuck Gregg Marshall. That guy is an ass. Jay Wright or Tony Bennett.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I think we can safely eliminate will wade from anyones potentials list
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

was this an april fool's piece?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

historyhawk wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:38 pm Top Picks:
1. Jay Wright
2. Billy Donovan
Up and Coming
1. Will Wade
2. Dan Hurley
Long shots:
1. Brad Stevens
2. Mark Few
Acceptable:
1. John Beilien
2. Dana Altman
NO:
1. Sean Miller
2. Shaka Smart
3. Gregg Marshall
no Chris Beard?
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

punkrockhawk wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:41 am Fuck Gregg Marshall. That guy is an ass. Jay Wright or Tony Bennett.
Tony Bennett? There are worse candidates but I would take a pass.
When you're a 1 seed and you lose by 20 to a 16 seed, something just ain't right there.
Also, I wonder if he feels Jesus was responsible for giving a giant fuck you to him last season if he's going to credit Jesus for his tournament success this season.
“I have great things in my life — my love for my wife, my love for my family, my love for coaching, my love for basketball,” he said in 2014. “Those are wonderful things, but when you line them up in comparison to Christ and the relationship you have with Him, with what He’s done for you and with what He’s given you, they don’t compare. That’s the greatest truth I know.”

punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

Gutter wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:45 am
punkrockhawk wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:41 am Fuck Gregg Marshall. That guy is an ass. Jay Wright or Tony Bennett.
Tony Bennett? There are worse candidates but I would take a pass.
When you're a 1 seed and you lose by 20 to a 16 seed, something just ain't right there.
Also, I wonder if he feels Jesus was responsible for giving a giant fuck you to him last season if he's going to credit Jesus for his tournament success this season.
“I have great things in my life — my love for my wife, my love for my family, my love for coaching, my love for basketball,” he said in 2014. “Those are wonderful things, but when you line them up in comparison to Christ and the relationship you have with Him, with what He’s done for you and with what He’s given you, they don’t compare. That’s the greatest truth I know.”

Good points. The loss to the 16 seed was pretty embarrassing. Final Four this year though. Winning the ACC repeatedly can't be easy either.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I agree he should be commended for reaching the Final Four this season - and winning the ACC repeatedly.
I didn't realize Bennett is currently getting paid more than Self - and more than anyone else not named Calipari, Krzyzewski, or Izzo.
Good for him.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Fortunately, I think we are safe for the next 3 - 5 years. Even with Bill's flaws, I wouldn't want anyone else. However, if Self does leave in 5 years, I would go with Chris Beard or Tony Bennett. Jay Wright is not going to leave Nova, and I doubt Donovan would want to come here.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Please no Jesus freaks
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:10 pm Please no Jesus freaks
Which coaches are Jesus freaks?