This sucks: ESPN+ deal

Kansas Basketball.
kubandalum

This sucks: ESPN+ deal

Post by kubandalum »

For those of us who’ve been able to watch every game on tv, except the exhibition games, this is not good news. Four nonconference games will be streaming only this next season. (I don’t remember if the exhibition games were broadcast this last year.)

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... 74704.html
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
PhDhawk

Re: This sucks: ESPN+ deal

Post by PhDhawk »

I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

kubandalum wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:33 am For those of us who’ve been able to watch every game on tv, except the exhibition games, this is not good news. Four nonconference games will be streaming only this next season. (I don’t remember if the exhibition games were broadcast this last year.)

ESPN app via Amazon Fire Stick allows me to view streaming games on my TV. Done. Very few of us have a TV that cannot access an ESPN app any more.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

Get YouTube tv and the get free chrome cast for tv, get espn+, cut cable, save money, watch games live and have replays. The world is moving on, please don’t let it leave you behind.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

youtube tv now up to 50 bucks a month.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The funny thing about the media is that is priced like insulin.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

kubandalum wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:33 am For those of us who’ve been able to watch every game on tv, except the exhibition games, this is not good news. Four nonconference games will be streaming only this next season. (I don’t remember if the exhibition games were broadcast this last year.)

It's been this way for years for majority of KU fans. Only difference is those 4 games now on ESPN+ were on "Jayhawk Network". But guess what, ESPN3, WatchESPN, ESPN+, whatever it was at that time always carried those games, plus exhibition and Late Night. It's almost like you're saying it sucks a game got bumped from ESPN to ESPN2. Sorry if $50 a year makes you miss a couple games.

And there's going to be a bunch more content that's not just games. I don't see any way that this is anything but a good deal.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

You can still get all this on reddit. That might change, like the soccer side of thugs (at least from an ease standpoint)
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Great if you can get a connection, 15 miles out of town, good enough to stream without way too much buffering. Cable cut a long time ago. Have satellite. Very hard to trust Amazon devices and Google, or the entire “internet of things”, on privacy issues.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke