Lonestarjayhawk

Re: Recruiting 2019

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

PortlandHawk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:33 pm
Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:54 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:46 pm

dotson and Grimes aren't going anywhere
Fyp
You don’t know that. All it takes is one team to give him a great offer and he is gone. Grimes probably wouldn’t come back if he goes undrafted anyway.
No, I don't know that. But what I am saying is that neither is a top 60 player. No GM is going to draft either one this season. No one is going to take that chance.
GM get fired for taking chances. Neither one is going overseas to play. They will go to the combine...they will come back with a list of things to work on.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Hope you're right.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:42 pm
PortlandHawk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:33 pm
Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:54 pm

Fyp
You don’t know that. All it takes is one team to give him a great offer and he is gone. Grimes probably wouldn’t come back if he goes undrafted anyway.
No, I don't know that. But what I am saying is that neither is a top 60 player. No GM is going to draft either one this season. No one is going to take that chance.
GM get fired for taking chances. Neither one is going overseas to play. They will go to the combine...they will come back with a list of things to work on.
Grimes ain't coming back. His message was nothing like Dok, Svi, Dotson - any guys that just test and come back. I wouldn't be shocked if he pulls a Malik and elects to transfer rather than come back after getting bad news. Either that or he will just go to the D League... ugh.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Grimes is going to go play professionally somewhere. probably not in the NBA but his statement didnt show any real possibility of him continuing to play college ball. Dotson on the other hand sounded like he is most likely going to be here next year
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If Dotson can find a guaranteed 1st round contract after his try outs, it would make financial sense for him to leave now. If not I think he is a case where he can make more money by staying even if he doesn’t get money in hand for another year.
painter

Post by painter »

Grimes will be announced as a player/coach combo for the Lakers
BigTamale

Post by BigTamale »

Hurt has ended recruitment took no visitors tonight... Bill was supposed to meet with him this evening. Per Jayhawkslant
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

BigTamale wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:27 pm Hurt has ended recruitment took no visitors tonight... Bill was supposed to meet with him this evening. Per Jayhawkslant
Welp... he gone.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

BigTamale wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:27 pm Hurt has ended recruitment took no visitors tonight... Bill was supposed to meet with him this evening. Per Jayhawkslant
There is also a thread over there that says he is down to two. Any ideas?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Coach K got that bag man still on lock.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Probably gonna lose Stanley to Duke as well. Gotta go all in on Achiewa or we are hosed.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Doesn't look very promising for Hurt or Stanley today.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:51 pm Coach K got that bag man still on lock.
Sigh.

It’s funny - we’re the ones with the rep for ncaa trouble, and they’re the “brotherhood,” despite having had just as many recruits implicated in bullshit as us.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

This week is not going be good.

Something needs to addressed within the men’s basketball office. First it was JrE, who up until about a week before he announced was a KU lock. Hurt, had KU as it his leader and we have been on Stanley since the 8th grade. There is an elephant in the room right now between recruits and KU.
Holidaysmore - 2005
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Is the elephant snacks or KT?
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm sure Hurt had us as his leader until the Adidas stuff actually started to really materialize.
I can see why he may want to go to the always-innocent Dukies.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think the elephant is simply the fact we acted forthright and in good faith with the ncaa, instead of sticking to denial and self-absolution like other schools.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:11 am This week is not going be good.

Something needs to addressed within the men’s basketball office. First it was JrE, who up until about a week before he announced was a KU lock. Hurt, had KU as it his leader and we have been on Stanley since the 8th grade. There is an elephant in the room right now between recruits and KU.
Don't forget Ayton.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:47 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:51 pm Coach K got that bag man still on lock.
Sigh.

It’s funny - we’re the ones with the rep for ncaa trouble, and they’re the “brotherhood,” despite having had just as many recruits implicated in bullshit as us.
Pretty sure over the last 10 years we've had significantly more eligibility issues than they have had.

Honestly I don't remember a single duke player being ruled ineligible in the last 5 or so years. We've had multiple guys.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:33 am I think the elephant is simply the fact we acted forthright and in good faith with the ncaa, instead of sticking to denial and self-absolution like other schools.
We weren't really all that forthright until we were caught red handed.

It's not complicated. Adidas is not currently paying players. Nike is. The players want/deserve/need money. So they go where the money is.

Just like we all do in our professional lives.