i wonder what Robert Mueller is thinking

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: i wonder what Robert Mueller is thinking

Post by ousdahl »

"I think any summary not only runs the risk of being under-inclusive or over-inclusive, but also would trigger a lot of discussion and analysis that really should await everything coming out at once," Barr said. "I felt that I should state the bottom line conclusions ... [and] the bottom line is binary, which is: charges or no charges."

This part is ridiculous.

To avoid being “over-inclusive or under-inclusive,” he avoided “any summary” (read: the counsel that investigated for two year’s own summary) in favor of his own summary that he put together in two days.

And then, rather than using discussion and analysis to draw conclusions, he, in the absence of any discussion or analysis, just draws the conclusions for us?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:40 am "I think any summary not only runs the risk of being under-inclusive or over-inclusive, but also would trigger a lot of discussion and analysis that really should await everything coming out at once," Barr said. "I felt that I should state the bottom line conclusions ... [and] the bottom line is binary, which is: charges or no charges."

This part is ridiculous.

To avoid being “over-inclusive or under-inclusive,” he avoided “any summary” (read: the counsel that investigated for two year’s own summary) in favor of his own summary that he put together in two days.

And then, rather than using discussion and analysis to draw conclusions, he, in the absence of any discussion or analysis, just draws the conclusions for us?
This discussion will never, never, never end. The demonrats will not let it end. I will never vote for a congressperson that will not let it go, or refuses to look forward for the good of our great nation.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

dude, this shouldn't be a partisan thing. It should be transparent.

and besides, much of the discussion very well could end - this Thursday, when the report apparently shall be released.

though how knows how much will be reported...can we get an over/under on what percentage of the report will be redacted?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:34 pm dude, this shouldn't be a partisan thing. It should be transparent.

lulz

Then the investigation should have been conducted by non-partisans.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:57 pm
ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:34 pm dude, this shouldn't be a partisan thing. It should be transparent.

lulz

You are going to adopt the "13 angry democrates" line?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

No. But if we're going to cry about partisanship, we oughtta be equal-opportunity cry babies.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:57 pm

lulz

oh yeah, my bad.

forgot it was all a WiTcHhUnT!!!!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Goose, gander, yada, yada.

Buck up, little camper.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Any summary that raises more questions should be investigated. Has everyone forgotten the precedent for 'getting to the bottom' of something . . .

Benghazi?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Carefully selected team from that liberal bastion the FBI.

Hilarious watching DC defend the crime family.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:37 pm Carefully selected team from that liberal bastion the FBI.

lulz that you think that. I mean, that's not even a question.

Does your minder know you're online again?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

defixione wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:34 pm Any summary that raises more questions should be investigated. Has everyone forgotten the precedent for 'getting to the bottom' of something . . .

Benghazi?
Democrats are conducting dozens of their own investigations, just as the Republicans did. Turnabout is fair play.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ohhh!

maybe the FBI is just waiting til like a week before the election to announce they're re-opening the investigation?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:56 pm ohhh!

maybe the FBI is just waiting til like a week before the election to announce they're re-opening the investigation?
Or...maybe the Attorney General is going to meet, privately with Melania on a plane and then lie about whether or not he's involved in bringing charges.

This is fun!
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:59 pm

Or...maybe the Attorney General is going to meet, privately with Melania on a plane and then lie about whether or not he's involved in bringing charges.

This is fun!
Speculation, conjecture, or documented interaction?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And for real, all partisanship aside, is anyone else curious to see just what what the special counsel was up to?

Sure the conclusions are the most important. But how did they come to those conclusions? How do all the other indictments fit in? What did they find when they raided Cohen’s office? Or Douchebank?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

defixione wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:02 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:59 pm

This is fun!

Speculation, conjecture, or documented interaction?
Playing stoopid games pretending that poor Hillary/poor Trump is a victim.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:24 pm And for real, all partisanship aside, is anyone else curious to see just what what the special counsel was up to?

Sure the conclusions are the most important. But how did they come to those conclusions? How do all the other indictments fit in? What did they find when they raided Cohen’s office? Or Douchebank?
You can't hold your pants on until Thursday?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

More to the point, the Cohen stuff is largely unrelated to this document/investigation. That's the still ongoing business in the SDNY.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:35 pm
ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:24 pm And for real, all partisanship aside, is anyone else curious to see just what what the special counsel was up to?

You can't hold your pants on until Thursday?
who said I was wearing pants?

shoot, that comment should also be redacted.