Deleted User 89

Re: Here we go....

Post by Deleted User 89 »

uh, there’s more than just tolerate or not

good to know where you stand though
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

I forget, did Mike Pence serve in the military?
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Gutter wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:38 am
dolomite wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:55 pm
Feral wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:31 pm Pete Buddigieg's interview by Rachel Maddow a couple of nights ago. An interesting discussion between two Rhodes Scholars about coming out is only one of the topics they covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2DMVu6CLZ4
Who is interested in the sex habits of lesbians and gay men? Who cares? Just keep it to yourselves please!
I didn't watch the interview. I suppose I should if I want to answer my own question but I'll pose it to you and save myself some time.
Did they discuss their "sex habits"?
In terms of answering who cares about gay people? I think it's pretty simple. Pretty much everybody. Either you "tolerate" gay people or you don't and many people choose to go to extremes in terms of expressing their feelings about gay people.
No, of course they didn't. But just as it does for Trump, the truth poses a huge problem for his sycophants.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

Gutter, how would you feel if i made the comment that people either "tolerate" Jews or they don't?
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I think my word/s didn't come off as I intended. That's why I used " " for the word tolerate.
I could have used different words such as accept, support, indifferent, etc.
Point I was trying to make is some people have little or no issue/s with gay people and others do.
In terms of how I would feel if you made the comment that people either "tolerate" Jews or they don't? I probably wouldn't really think much about it and if I did, I would probably agree.
There happen to be some Jews I have a very difficult time tolerating in terms of their being Jewish. I admit it.
As a whole, I am probably more "tolerant" of gay people than I am of Jews.

Anyways.....
Back to Here we go.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

So specifically, or generally what is it that people dislike about the Jewish people. What if your neighbor is Jewish, how would it affect your behavior toward them. How about in the work place, would you be willing to work with a Jewish colleague? Is the Jewish faith offensive to you? Is it the government of Israel that one might find offensive?
Should we not give aid to our strongest ally in the middle East, Israel?
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ask your homie count.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

dolomite wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:59 am So specifically, or generally what is it that people dislike about the Jewish people. What if your neighbor is Jewish, how would it affect your behavior toward them. How about in the work place, would you be willing to work with a Jewish colleague? Is the Jewish faith offensive to you? Is it the government of Israel that one might find offensive?
Should we not give aid to our strongest ally in the middle East, Israel?
I can only speak for myself.
"Specifically" - Some/many most people who dislike Jews dislike them because "Jews killed Jesus". People dislike Jews because they feel Jews are controlling. People dislike Jews because they feel Jews have a superiority complex.
"Generally" - Jews are too often annoying.

If my neighbor was Jewish I wouldn't care until/unless they became whiny and annoying.

I work with many Jewish colleagues. Majority of them are wonderful people. Couple are far from it.

Jewish faith is offensive to me when Jews are considered the "chosen people".
We are all God's people.

Government of Israel is similar to the government of the United States in that it can be too controlling and too divisive.

As long as Israel remains our strongest ally in the Middle East we should give aid to Israel - and "we" do give aid to Israel. Plenty of non-government Jews give aid (spend time there helping out, give a lot of money, give moral support) to Israel. It's admirable.
noosh

Post by noosh »

Jooze!!!!

I hate Trumpy Amerikkkans way more than I could ever hate people who believe in stories of fiction.
Deleted User 89

i'm sure they're out there, but i've never met a Jew i didn't like

(my brother works at a private Jewish school, so i've met a number of them, and all different "flavors", so to speak...)

such an odd question, really, dolo
Deleted User 89

noosh wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:51 pm Jooze!!!!

I hate Trumpy Amerikkkans way more than I could ever hate people who believe in stories of fiction.
um, the former is almost completely subsumed by latter
noosh

Post by noosh »

Vast majority of demmies buy into religion bullshit.
Deleted User 89

true, but that’s not what you said

you said stories of fiction
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:07 pm i'm sure they're out there, but i've never met a Jew i didn't like

(my brother works at a private Jewish school, so i've met a number of them, and all different "flavors", so to speak...)

such an odd question, really, dolo

Not really, just wondering why the anti-semitism is prevalent.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Did Mike Pence serve in the military, dol?
Don't inject Lysol.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

seahawk wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:33 am Did Mike Pence serve in the military, dol?
And that has what to do with the price of tea in China?
Taylor Sheridan
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

dolomite wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:04 am
seahawk wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:33 am Did Mike Pence serve in the military, dol?
He served in the same unit as Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, and Tim Kaine.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:13 am
dolomite wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:04 am
He served in the same unit as Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, and Tim Kaine.
I'm sure Doltomite greatly appreciates you stepping in for him on this one!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelp
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto