Recruiting 2019

Kansas Basketball.
holidaysmore

Re: Recruiting 2019

Post by holidaysmore »

Crazy KU is getting that type of money with only a basketball team that has been relevant. Quite an accomplishment.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I do think Les Miles had a small part in this whole thing as well. He'll be covered heavily nationally all fall, and he'll always have that adidas logo on his chest and hat.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

This is adidas sucking up because they put us in the jackpot.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

You guys so clueless. Basketball drives the shoe company deal not football. The average person is not buying football cleats in the future. Just a guess but from what is going on with the FBI and the NCAA its going to be business as usual pretty soon.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TDub wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:46 am Is this a good year to pull the shirt off of brady?
take the redshirt off and put the faceass shirt on
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

hartjack8 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:21 pm You guys so clueless. Basketball drives the shoe company deal not football. The average person is not buying football cleats in the future. Just a guess but from what is going on with the FBI and the NCAA its going to be business as usual pretty soon.
Nobody said football is driving the deal. Basketball obviously does, but having Les Miles as the head coach of the football program definitely helps. Adidas has always had nice jackets and pullover type of stuff that fans could see the coaches wear and like them.

Basketball is obviously at least liked $180M of the $196M, but they are not the sole reason that KU signed the richest apparel deal to date.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

I like Les and I really think he is good for KU so if you want to give him some credit I am good with it.
Les is going to entertaining at the least.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Adidas has no choice. They couldn't lose Kansas. I think Kansas could have even made more $. But that Agreement is an impressive amount of money. But by moving Kansas would be admitting that the dealings with Adidas was tainted. Win-Win.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

tait's run-down of prospects now that this week's announcements have been made

http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/tale-t ... ruiting-e/
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

With Dok now officially back, if we were to get good news on SDS and Dotson then land Tucker and Hampton then my comfort level for next season would rise dramatically.

Dotson, Tucker, Agbaji, DeSousa and Dok? Yes please.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Hampton off the bench? Lulz.

Truthfully I don't think anyone really believes Hampton will go to anywhere other than Memphis at this point.

Sort of feels like Tucker is destined for Auburn as well.

I like our chances with the Tristan kid.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Has Hampton even re-classified. Where would we be with him if he stays in HS another year?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:19 am Has Hampton even re-classified. Where would we be with him if he stays in HS another year?
1 and done rule might be gone by then anyway, right? I was thinking 2020 class is when that's expected to end.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:19 am Has Hampton even re-classified. Where would we be with him if he stays in HS another year?
He has not. That decision won't come until August.

Hard to say. A lot could change in between them. Most have it down between KU and Memphis or straight to the NBA by 2020.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Lots of upside for him to play along side of Dotson too. With Dok in the middle, there will be lots of open outside shots available for someone.

Tucker liked Auburn, but Auburn isn't Kansas, he will love Kansas.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

From a strictly PT and potential basketball usage standpoint KU makes the most sense. But, as we have seen during the fall and spring recruiting seasons that hasn't played out well at all for KU.

I have a feeling that Tucker goes to Auburn. Better PT and usage for him at Auburn compared to KU.
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:05 am Hampton off the bench? Lulz.

Truthfully I don't think anyone really believes Hampton will go to anywhere other than Memphis at this point.

Sort of feels like Tucker is destined for Auburn as well.

I like our chances with the Tristan kid.
Yeah, I instantly forgot about him in the 10 seconds it took me to type 2 sentences. He would obviously start over Agbaji.

It doesn't feel like Tucker is "destined" to go to Auburn, just that his visit there was his best one so far. Pretty sure we can impress him as well.
Psychhawk

Post by Psychhawk »

Should KU get in on Juzang #19 rated 2020 who is reclassifying to 2019?
Deleted User 75

We should be in on anyone and everyone worth a damn who is not committed yet that may play next year.
Psychhawk

Post by Psychhawk »

6'7" small forward, bio says scoring is his strength, range out to 22'. If I read his bio right AAU team Compton Magic is Adidas. Kentucky and Virginia favorites for him right now.