Game Of Thrones

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Game Of Thrones

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:11 am In a half-dozen instances of a main character being overrun by wights in Episode 3, things just sort of worked out. The major deaths that there were were heroic and not at all cruel or at great cost.
Precisely.
GOT was 'real' in the sense that shit is dark/fatal/unexpected in a land where rules are lose.
Your heroes like Ned and Rob and Cat are just gone in a flash.
And now we have Beric and Jorah and Theon all sacrificing themselves with honor and for great good.

Be bolder and do something unexpected like you have this entire storyline.
Have the Night King just straight up kill Arya or Bran or Jon.
Have Cersei just release arrows into Tyrion.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

The realpolitik aspect is what made the books so appealing, and that, along with the very real danger these characters faced, lent a remarkable undertone of credibility to a world that also had dragons and magic.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:21 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:11 am In a half-dozen instances of a main character being overrun by wights in Episode 3, things just sort of worked out. The major deaths that there were were heroic and not at all cruel or at great cost.
Precisely.
GOT was 'real' in the sense that shit is dark/fatal/unexpected in a land where rules are lose.
Your heroes like Ned and Rob and Cat are just gone in a flash.
And now we have Beric and Jorah and Theon all sacrificing themselves with honor and for great good.

Be bolder and do something unexpected like you have this entire storyline.
Have the Night King just straight up kill Arya or Bran or Jon.
Have Cersei just release arrows into Tyrion.
Right. Peak GoT smacks you right in the face when you least expect it, like a main-main character getting hit with a damn ice spear out of nowhere on the battlements at the end of Episode 2 of this year, to kick off the Battle of Winterfell. Maybe the same damn ice spear running through GreyWorm and Missandei (how cute), setting them up to lead the fucking DEAD in Episode 3.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bran should have just smiled when the Night King was 'killed', stood up, and killed Arya, his ravens circling around him.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

A true boss move for the series would have been for the whole fucking series to end abruptly, and badly, last week or this week (when fans think there's more to come).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:39 am Bran should have just smiled when the Night King was 'killed', stood up, and killed Arya, his ravens circling around him.
Or - the damn ice spear that guts Missandei and Greyworm (or Sam and Gilly, or Jaime and Brienne, etc.) should be revealed to have been fired from a damn Scorpion, with Cersei and the fucking Night King having made peace.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:47 am A true boss move for the series would have been for the whole fucking series to end abruptly, and badly, last week or this week (when fans think there's more to come).
Oooh. Yes.
"GOT ya!"
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

It's gotta end with Don't Stop Believin.
Defense. Rebounds.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

hehe, genius.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Or, Medieval World!

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I think it ends with brandon stark standing up out of his wheelchair, eyes turn blue. Reason being, there just HAS to be more to brandon stark than what we have been given so far. There has to be.

I think I read the first spinoff would be called THE LONG NIGHT if GRRM had his way. Maybe it is about the birth of the night king.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:22 pm I think it ends with brandon stark standing up out of his wheelchair, eyes turn blue. Reason being, there just HAS to be more to brandon stark than what we have been given so far. There has to be.

I think I read the first spinoff would be called THE LONG NIGHT if GRRM had his way. Maybe it is about the birth of the night king.
I think the showrunners have completely punted that plotline (similar to what happened in the Lost end stages).

And, at this point that sort of reveal would make the ridiculous arc of Episode 3 even worse.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I kinda wish they had punted on it sooner then.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:22 pm I think it ends with brandon stark standing up out of his wheelchair, eyes turn blue.
dun DUN DUUUUUN!!!!!!!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Either that, or given it the attention it deserved (and then given the Iron Throne plotline the attention it deserves).
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Maybe he is not the night king. But he has to be something more than what we have seen so far. He is going to factor in. He has to.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KU76erfan wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:29 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:22 pm I think it ends with brandon stark standing up out of his wheelchair, eyes turn blue.
dun DUN DUUUUUN!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:31 pm Maybe he is not the night king. But he has to be something more than what we have seen so far. He is going to factor in. He has to.
I'd be fine if he never showed up on screen again. I was kinda bored with that story line and the let down of it in episode two pretty much has me over it.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:37 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:31 pm Maybe he is not the night king. But he has to be something more than what we have seen so far. He is going to factor in. He has to.
I'd be fine if he never showed up on screen again. I was kinda bored with that story line and the let down of it in episode two pretty much has me over it.
Among the myriad things I'm dying to know is if he shows up in the books.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bran's storyline just felt far more important than it turned out ( so far ) to be and linked with an even more important storyline - the white walkers and the Night King.

Bran can go back in time and see all of history.
He can also warg and he can warg through time.
Instead he just sits there and goes, 'you're a good man Theon' and I guess reveals to Sansa and Arya that Jon is Targaryean.

Hopefully MICH is right that there has to be something more than what we've seen so far.
Otherwise what a miffed punt.
Like you caught the punt, turned around, and punted it into your own endzone.