pdub
Site Admin

Re: Recruiting 2019

Post by pdub »

Force out per usual.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

He graduated and still has 2 years of eligibility remaining. He wants to see if he can get an opportunity to contribute to a school while he works on his masters.

He wants to see if he can play.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Paul1 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:20 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:02 am Brad Calipari apparently entered into the portal now.
I don't get it.
Any idea/s why? Other than playing time at a small school.
Kid is not ever going to get paid well to play pro basketball. Why leave a good thing?
maybe for love of the game? hes not going to be a pro. why not go somewhere where he can actually play while he is still in college
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Mich and Randy - Makes sense. I'm nothing more than a casual Kentucky basketball follower so I don't know the circumstances why he didn't play last season. I do recall him playing other seasons.
I guess he figures he's had his 4(?) years at Kentucky and it's time to move on - and go somewhere that he can still play basketball. Me - I would rather play spot minutes for a national championship contender that my father coaches and not have to do anything other than maybe take a class or two - than go to a small school where I can play more minutes - but I'm not him. Shame he didn't win a Naty with his father. Actually, to me it's really not such a shame.

Moving on from Brad don't call me Tyler Self Calipari........

I'll admit I haven't read through this entire thread.
Anybody know if there are any foreign guys Self & company have looked at that can possibly come in and contribute some? I'm assuming we'll be just fine but figure the more the merrier.
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

Paul1 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:45 pm Mich and Randy - Makes sense. I'm nothing more than a casual Kentucky basketball follower so I don't know the circumstances why he didn't play last season. I do recall him playing other seasons.
I guess he figures he's had his 4(?) years at Kentucky and it's time to move on - and go somewhere that he can still play basketball. Me - I would rather play spot minutes for a national championship contender that my father coaches and not have to do anything other than maybe take a class or two - than go to a small school where I can play more minutes - but I'm not him. Shame he didn't win a Naty with his father. Actually, to me it's really not such a shame.

Moving on from Brad don't call me Tyler Self Calipari........

I'll admit I haven't read through this entire thread.
Anybody know if there are any foreign guys Self & company have looked at that can possibly come in and contribute some? I'm assuming we'll be just fine but figure the more the merrier.
Nah. I get the impression we aren’t getting anyone else. The self magic wore off on this recruiting class. Wish we would of just got one shooter.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

N'Faly Dante is s possible 2019 addition. He is currently in the 2020 class but is considering reclassifying. He is the real deal. Strong rim protector that we haven't seen since JoJo.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Having 20 fouls to give will be nice.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:55 pm N'Faly Dante is s possible 2019 addition. He is currently in the 2020 class but is considering reclassifying. He is the real deal. Strong rim protector that we haven't seen since JoJo.
While I would love to have him I seriously doubt it man
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

columbusdjkc wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:48 pmI get the impression we aren’t getting anyone else. The self magic wore off on this recruiting class. Wish we would of just got one shooter.
Braun is probably our best shooter next season. This video is a little tedious, but gives a good look at Braun and his game.

I know I've been pounding this drum, and I could be wrong, but I think he plays more like a Top 50 recruit next year than top 100.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW5NyIsBWTU
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:07 pm
columbusdjkc wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:48 pmI get the impression we aren’t getting anyone else. The self magic wore off on this recruiting class. Wish we would of just got one shooter.
Braun is probably our best shooter next season. This video is a little tedious, but gives a good look at Braun and his game.

I know I've been pounding this drum, and I could be wrong, but I think he plays more like a Top 50 recruit next year than top 100.

If he can hit spot up jumpers from doubles on Doke or sags on DD and not get completely embarrassed on D then I’m sold lol
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:07 pm

thanks for sharing that
shindig

Post by shindig »

It will be nice to have a local kid that can play right out the gate and stick around for 4 years, kind of like Gurley. I miss those teams :(
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It would be nice to have any warm body that can hit a three at better than 30%
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

twocoach wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:25 am It would be nice to have any warm body that can hit a three at better than 30%
This. I know these guys are putting in the work but I have never seen a team shoot so bad from 3 like last years team did especially on the road. It was also discouraging to go from Svi, Dtae, Vick and Newman to watching brick after brick.

That is the biggest concern I have for next year. Teams sagging off and clogging up the lane and daring perimeter jump shots.
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Kyree Walker and/or Jalen Wilson would be huge additions to what we have. Running out of legit options to add.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Spot shooters needed, but since Galindo we have had several who can’t hang with a Self toughness mentality.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

twocoach wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:33 pm Kyree Walker and/or Jalen Wilson would be huge additions to what we have. Running out of legit options to add.
Rivals believes Wilson is ours. We shall see.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

shindig wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:07 am It will be nice to have a local kid that can play right out the gate and stick around for 4 years, kind of like Gurley. I miss those teams :(

Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Add Josaphat Bilau to the list of Spring additions to the 2019 class. 3* 6'10" PF from NC.

Adding 2-3-4-years BIGS is a good use of extra scholarships.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Dude has academic questions tho. Like 6 high schools in 3 years
Just Ledoux it