I believe her

Ugh.
Deleted User 57

Re: I believe her

Post by Deleted User 57 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:53 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:11 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:08 pm

I missed the breaking news that Ford was paid by Soros etc... to make her claims. Link?
As you are well aware, Soros works behind the scenes. Interesting how the involvement of a well-known manipulator of world events stretches your credulity, but not the unfounded claims of a mentally-ill woman against a man with a record of spotless character, both personally and professionally.
How do you draw the conclusion that Dr. Ford is mentally ill?
Define "mentally ill". These days (legitimately or not) many/most people can be (and are) deemed/labeled "mentally ill". Right?
I draw the conclusion based on her "testimony" in which she herself said she suffered from long-term mental health effects after being sexually assaulted, including anxiety, claustrophobia, and symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder.
Does "suffered" mean past tense - or does it still affect/impact her mental well being?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:09 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:01 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:56 pm

She’s either mentally ill or an organized sociopath. I read an article on Wikipedia or earned a PhD in the field, I forget which.
Hard to believe anything other than Wikipedia, seeing that you are diagnosing someone without treating them.
It is an educated impression, not a diagnosis.
That is no where near the stance you took when you stated it.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:29 pm

Hard to believe anything other than Wikipedia, seeing that you are diagnosing someone without treating them.
Not sure where you’re getting that, especially since I never used the word “diagnosis”.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:20 pm

Not sure where you’re getting that, especially since I never used the word “diagnosis”.
Because you fucking said it?
"the unfounded claims of a mentally-ill woman"
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:24 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:20 pm

Because you fucking said it?
"the unfounded claims of a mentally-ill woman"
You just typed it above: I never used the word "diagnosis". Either way, I still don't know what you're trying to get at.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

as if a psychologist called someone mentally ill just cuz of petty political differences.

if she had accused a Libtard judge, you would be making a case for her credibility.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:54 pm as if a psychologist called someone mentally ill just cuz of petty political differences.

if she had accused a Libtard judge, you would be making a case for her credibility.
Read Gutter's post above. She admitted a whole litany of historical symptoms in her testimony; then she turned right around and had to contradict herself on the whole issue of being too scared to fly. She also did her entire testimony in that whiny Meg Tilly voice that, if you hear her in other settings, is nothing like her normal speaking voice.

It is not a stretch to say that she was one of the following: 1) coached to say things that were not true and to speak in a way that would manipulate the audience; 2) is so psychologically disorganized that she can't tell what is true and what is a "recovered memory"; 3) was actively dissociating on the witness stand 4) is an organized sociopath who can create different personas to fit the occasion. She reminded me of Dennis' D.E.N.N.I.S. system from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia in that respect.

All of that is conjecture on my part. I did not perform any diagnostic interviews with her, and am not offering a DSM-IV diagnosis. I am just stating my impressions based on 25 years of clinical and academic work.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

and not jaded at all by personal experience

don’t forget to that bit
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

I’ve actually seen a witness testify about sexual abuse as a child and revert to language patterns and a voice from childhood. Of course that’s based on the kind of evidence allowed in courtrooms, not on the kind of old style “women always lie,” “women are always sick” of some outdated therapists.

One of the things that made me proud of my husband was that he was genuinely a hero for children, telling the Child Welfare people that they were wasting their money on the evals from psychologists who always said the same biased thing, because he wasn’t going to read them anymore.
Don't inject Lysol.
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:56 pm

She’s either mentally ill or an organized sociopath. I read an article on Wikipedia or earned a PhD in the field, I forget which.

"Simply pointing out that education is not a panacea nor is it an immunization against faulty thinking."

Awkward.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

kubowler99 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:07 am

"Simply pointing out that education is not a panacea nor is it an immunization against faulty thinking."

Awkward.
That's quite a stretch.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Mjl wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:49 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:47 pm
Mjl wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:43 pm

What percentage of voters know/care about that?
Ignorance: The DNC’s best hope.
What way did the uneducated vote go in 2016?
Uneducated and non college educated are different things.

And most uneducated people don't vote period. Most rural white uneducated vote republican and most inner city (black, white, other) uneducated vote Democrat.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

You were saying stuff like that before we ever saw a picture of her. Then you didn’t watch her testimony.
Please share your insight. I genuinely want to know what some of you see/saw that make you think she is unstable (or whatever word/diagnosis you prefer).
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I am pretty sure that going to a marriage counselor when you’re 50 doesn’t make you a sociopath.
Was it because she liked the beach?
Was it because she had dirty glasses?
Was it because she wanted two front doors in her house?
Was it because she didn’t want to go in front of the entire world to talk about a trauma she suffered when she was a young teenager?
Is it because she was drinking when she was 15 in the 1980s?
Was it word choice? Her hair cut? Her profession?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:11 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:08 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:52 am

Come on, now. We both know that it wouldn't have mattered who Trump nominated, Soros and his puppets would have mustered up a bevy of false accusations to gum up the works. Anyone can make an allegation, and there are plenty of mentally unbalanced attention whores out there who are glad to do it if the price is right.
I missed the breaking news that Ford was paid by Soros etc... to make her claims. Link?
As you are well aware, Soros works behind the scenes. Interesting how the involvement of a well-known manipulator of world events stretches your credulity, but not the unfounded claims of a mentally-ill woman against a man with a record of spotless character, both personally and professionally.
So in summary, you assume with zero actual proof that Soros is involved and that Ford is mentally ill. Got it. But hey, keep railing against people assuming with no proof that Kav did what was claimed.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:54 pm as if a psychologist called someone mentally ill just cuz of petty political differences.

Read Gutter's post above. She admitted a whole litany of historical symptoms in her testimony; then she turned right around and had to contradict herself on the whole issue of being too scared to fly. She also did her entire testimony in that whiny Meg Tilly voice that, if you hear her in other settings, is nothing like her normal speaking voice.

It is not a stretch to say that she was one of the following: 1) coached to say things that were not true and to speak in a way that would manipulate the audience; 2) is so psychologically disorganized that she can't tell what is true and what is a "recovered memory"; 3) was actively dissociating on the witness stand 4) is an organized sociopath who can create different personas to fit the occasion. She reminded me of Dennis' D.E.N.N.I.S. system from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia in that respect.

All of that is conjecture on my part. I did not perform any diagnostic interviews with her, and am not offering a DSM-IV diagnosis. I am just stating my impressions based on 25 years of clinical and academic work.
Your reliance on clinical and academic measures to try to get to the answer you want has blinded you to plain old common sense. The result is that you missed one other possible explanation:

5) testifying under oath before Congress while on live tv with millions watching is a stressful event which may result in some anxiety that shows itself in a multitude of ways.

I would assume that 99.9% of the nation would speak at a faster rate using a higher pitch than normal and would at times forget on the spot things that they easily know. Public Speaking 101 identifies all of these things as typical in stressful public speaking engagements.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:18 am I am pretty sure that going to a marriage counselor when you’re 50 doesn’t make you a sociopath.
Was it because she liked the beach?
Was it because she had dirty glasses?
Was it because she wanted two front doors in her house?
Was it because she didn’t want to go in front of the entire world to talk about a trauma she suffered when she was a young teenager?
Is it because she was drinking when she was 15 in the 1980s?
Was it word choice? Her hair cut? Her profession?
Analytical thinkers like HouseDivided sometimes forget that not everyone else thinks analytically like them. If he was in Ford's shoes, HouseDivided might have made a list of all the possible answers for each possible question and answered each question in an emotionally detached, even toned manner to best support his claim.

Because she didn't behave the same as he would have, he seems to assume that it is because she is a mentally deranged lunatic who was paid to ruin Kavanaugh's life instead of just admitting that different people bwhave differently under extremely stressful situations.

The need to label Ford as crazy is merely a way to make it easier to dismiss her claims. Same as labeling blacks and immigrants as criminals and women as less capable makes it easier to treat them as less than equal.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I googled for a viewpoint that Ford is mentally ill (or whatever the proper term is that disqualifies her). I found a video on YouTube that gives commentary about Ford’s body language. However, when the commentary repeatedly said Ford putting her glasses on top of her head was because she was defiant of the committee rather than something as simple as she was no longer reading her stmt and is far sighted, it began to loose credibility with me. My opinion of this commentary was further validated when the commentary became more political than clinical and advanced to profanity about the witnesses testimony before the half-way mark of the video.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:36 am
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Your reliance on clinical and academic measures to try to get to the answer you want has blinded you to plain old common sense. The result is that you missed one other possible explanation:

5) testifying under oath before Congress while on live tv with millions watching is a stressful event which may result in some anxiety that shows itself in a multitude of ways.

I would assume that 99.9% of the nation would speak at a faster rate using a higher pitch than normal and would at times forget on the spot things that they easily know. Public Speaking 101 identifies all of these things as typical in stressful public speaking engagements.
You are entitled to your opinion. I doubt that any of us are completely unbiased concerning this matter, and, as I have said several times, I could be wrong. It is my impression based on my educational and professional background and, yes, my own perceptions and experiences.

She made the choice to testify under oath before Congress. Nobody forced her to make an ass of herself on national TV, so I have a hard time feeling sorry for her. She embarrassed and humiliated Judge Kavanaugh, his wife, and his two daughters for no reason, and for that alone, I have no sympathy for her.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:18 am Was it because she didn’t want to go in front of the entire world to talk about a trauma she suffered when she was a young teenager?
She didn't want to go in front of the entire world? Really? She sure did it anyway, and nobody forced her to. That's on her. No sympathy from me for a colossally poor choice that ended exactly as one would anticipate it did.