I believe her

Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: I believe her

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:47 am
DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:18 am I am pretty sure that going to a marriage counselor when you’re 50 doesn’t make you a sociopath.
Was it because she liked the beach?
Was it because she had dirty glasses?
Was it because she wanted two front doors in her house?
Was it because she didn’t want to go in front of the entire world to talk about a trauma she suffered when she was a young teenager?
Is it because she was drinking when she was 15 in the 1980s?
Was it word choice? Her hair cut? Her profession?
Analytical thinkers like HouseDivided sometimes forget that not everyone else thinks analytically like them. If he was in Ford's shoes, HouseDivided might have made a list of all the possible answers for each possible question and answered each question in an emotionally detached, even toned manner to best support his claim.

Because she didn't behave the same as he would have, he seems to assume that it is because she is a mentally deranged lunatic who was paid to ruin Kavanaugh's life instead of just admitting that different people bwhave differently under extremely stressful situations.

The need to label Ford as crazy is merely a way to make it easier to dismiss her claims. Same as labeling blacks and immigrants as criminals and women as less capable makes it easier to treat them as less than equal.
You had my interest until the last paragraph. Then you went full lib.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:07 pm and not jaded at all by personal experience

don’t forget to that bit
I'm sure that is true to some extent. My experience has been that the sun rises and sets, the wind blows, and (most) women lie and manipulate to get what they want. I wish it were not so.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

This whole situation is fascinating to watch unfold.

Republicans are confident she is lying.

Democrats are confident she is telling the truth.

AND neither side really has any idea (because how could they?!?), they just loyally stand with whichever side fits their own personal agenda and political party.

Gotta love it!
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:04 pm This whole situation is fascinating to watch unfold.

Republicans are confident she is lying.

Democrats are confident she is telling the truth.

AND neither side really has any idea (because how could they?!?), they just loyally stand with whichever side fits their own personal agenda and political party.

Gotta love it!
And what better way to reach a conclusion than in a nationally-televised Senate hearing where a man's career and reputation are at stake? I can't understand how it all backfired.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:03 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:07 pm and not jaded at all by personal experience

don’t forget to that bit
(most) women lie and manipulate to get what they want. I wish it were not so.
That hasn't been my experience at all.

Maybe it's you.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:19 pm

don’t forget to that bit

Maybe it's you.
Entirely possible.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

The lawyers and Politicians used her as a pawn. I’m not arguing that point.
I recall her testimony being that she wasn’t aware that there were other options. Grassley made a big deal about that.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:38 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Maybe it's you.
Entirely possible.
Hey, we are making progress.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Lying to get what you want isn't a gender specific trait. #bothsidesdoit
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:54 pm The lawyers and Politicians used her as a pawn. I’m not arguing that point.
I recall her testimony being that she wasn’t aware that there were other options. Grassley made a big deal about that.
And that, in and of itself, is disgraceful. Whatever Ms. Ford's issues are, this entire circus only made them worse and it damaged the Kavanaughs in the process.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:58 pm Lying to get what you want isn't a gender specific trait. #bothsidesdoit
Not something I do. Hard for me to imagine why anyone would do that.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

The situation with the Ex sounds (based on years of seeing some of your posts), truly excruciating and completely unfair.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:03 pm The situation with the Ex sounds (based on years of seeing some of your posts), truly excruciating and completely unfair.
I appreciate that. It's no secret that I am an a-hole. I'm sure I deserved part of it, but it (obviously) haunts me. Some things you just never heal from.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:02 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:58 pm Lying to get what you want isn't a gender specific trait. #bothsidesdoit
See whatever Trump said today.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:57 am
You are entitled to your opinion. I doubt that any of us are completely unbiased concerning this matter, and, as I have said several times, I could be wrong. It is my impression based on my educational and professional background and, yes, my own perceptions and experiences.

She made the choice to testify under oath before Congress. Nobody forced her to make an ass of herself on national TV, so I have a hard time feeling sorry for her. She embarrassed and humiliated Judge Kavanaugh, his wife, and his two daughters for no reason, and for that alone, I have no sympathy for her.
"For no reason"? OK.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:02 pm
Yet you seemingly have no problem supporting politicians who do it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:01 pm
DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:54 pm The lawyers and Politicians used her as a pawn. I’m not arguing that point.
And that, in and of itself, is disgraceful. Whatever Ms. Ford's issues are, this entire circus only made them worse and it damaged the Kavanaughs in the process.
How exactly are the Kavanaugh's "damaged" again? He is going to get the job he wanted. This cost them what, a week of their life?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

yeah, i don’t feel the least bit sorry for him

only an idiot would’ve presumed that the nomination and hearings wouldn’t have been a circus

and, his own actions during the process exacerbated the situation
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

She was done severe injustices by a great many people -- on both sides of the aisle.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

No, no usual bothsiderism on this one. This was something out of a pre 1960s past, brought to us by that old dinosaur Grassley and semi senile old coot Hatch. Both can hardly remember what they’re supposed to be talking about; they were just channeling their ancient sexist tenets. However, there are men in their demographic who don’t share their antediluvian views—I lived with one of them for several decades.

Your party, the Trump Party, rests on a base with views of women like those of House Divided. My impression is that it’s doing a good job of uniting women in ways I haven’t seen since the 1960s.
Don't inject Lysol.