Post by Cascadia »

Twocoach is becoming Illy 2.0
twocoach

Re: NBA Offseason

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:59 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:42 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:28 am

Obviously the TBD is whether the third guy is an ultra mega-star (like Kawhi) or something less than that (like Kyrie) or something much less than that (like Kemba or Butler). But I guess what annoys me is Bron's ongoing penchant for weird roster construction (and a seeming lack of self-awareness about his own limitations).

What Bron really needs at this stage is a guy who can take the reins for the 20ish games Bron should electively sit during the regular season. The problem is that Davis needs about the same number of healthy scratches, especially as he's never really been tested with a long playoff run.

Obviously it takes two (and sometimes more) to tango, but the much better fits (to me) seem to be the Lillard/George/Westbrook types, or if you're shopping in a different aisle, the Beal/McCollum/Butler types.
James played all 82 in 2018. 74 in 2017. 76 in 2016. What's with the notion that he's going to be taking healthy scratches 20 times a year?
Well you left out that he played 55 games in 2019, the most recent data available.

Age is undefeated. There's not a better way to keep his window open as long as possible than to subject himself to the least stress possible during the regular season.
I am not a big fan of healthy scratches. Manage his minutes when he does play but sitting and doing nothing while being paid is a problem for me. People buy tickets to see him play, even if it is for less than his average minutes.

And we all know he could have played at the end of the year but they shut him down once the season was deemed a bust.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:32 pm Twocoach is becoming Illy 2.0
Do you have anything to add to the actual topic?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

95% of the time twocoach brings substance to his arguments.
Illy was closer to 30% of the time.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

So I'm the only one who's excited about Ball being gone? I wish more of you shared my joy.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

lobster wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:51 pm So I'm the only one who's excited about Ball being gone? I wish more of you shared my joy.
He was never here.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think he fit in perfectly with that cast of characters in your city that is too tough for Hoiberg to live in.
I want to like New Orleans with the young foundation but the Ball family is miserable.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The Ball's are as relevant as you want them to be.

I like Lonzo. Still think he has a chance to be a good player.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That's like saying Zion is as relevant as you want him to be.
If the content is constantly top news on the venues where you get your sports news, you don't have much of a choice to at least be bothered by it.
I single handedly cannot affect the top sports news by not clicking on the articles.
Deleted User 104

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:53 pm
lobster wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:51 pm So I'm the only one who's excited about Ball being gone? I wish more of you shared my joy.
He was never here.
But he was here.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Are you excited? Hadnt noticed. Mustve missed the 17 posts stating as such.

Most of us arent lakers fans and have no care where Ball is or is not other than how it relates to the nba in general ie: trade value analysis etc.

Lonzo is surely overrated at this point, but, is probably the most likeable of the family.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Lonzo is both (a) a promising young player who may end up getting a max deal when the time comes, and (b) the very very obvious choice to get squeezed out of New Orleans when the bill comes due for Ingram's (and then Zion's) deals.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:00 pm

Most of us arent lakers fans and have no care where Ball is or is not other than how it relates to the nba in general ie: trade value analysis etc.

Lonzo is surely overrated at this point, but, is probably the most likeable of the family.
When you live in LA as lobs does, I would guess Lonzo would be pretty far down the list of unlikable local personalities.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd rather a bunch of other young points than Ball.
Ben Simmons. Trae Young. Zach LaVine.
Both the Kentucky dudes - Fox and Murray.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:04 pm

When you live in LA as lobs does, I would guess Lonzo would be pretty far down the list of unlikable local personalities.
LA is also perhaps the easiest place in the US to avoid any one particular "personality."
Deleted User 104

I'm not a Lakers fan. Now, with that out of the way, I don't hate Lonzo. I just can't stand his father, and a lot of us out here are sick and tired of his big mouth. He sets a horrible example for his sons. Lonzo needs to stand up and do something to hush his father. He's a pretty good player, but I think LA should have drafted Fox instead.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:01 pm Lonzo is both (a) a promising young player who may end up getting a max deal when the time comes, and (b) the very very obvious choice to get squeezed out of New Orleans when the bill comes due for Ingram's (and then Zion's) deals.
Kind of sucks for NO that LA was pick 4 rather than pick 3 or 2. Garland doesn't do anything for me like the top 3.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:10 pm

LA is also perhaps the easiest place in the US to avoid any one particular "personality."
Which goes to my original point.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:12 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:01 pm Lonzo is both (a) a promising young player who may end up getting a max deal when the time comes, and (b) the very very obvious choice to get squeezed out of New Orleans when the bill comes due for Ingram's (and then Zion's) deals.
Kind of sucks for NO that LA was pick 4 rather than pick 3 or 2. Garland doesn't do anything for me like the top 3.
The smart thing to do would be to roll the #4 ahead to a future draft (and, in so doing, keep a roster spot for a vet this year and stagger the bill for when Zion's rookie deal finishes).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Trade Ball and the 4 for Bradley Beal.
Win win.

Jrue Holiday, Bradley Beal, Ingram, Zion.