NBA Offseason

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: NBA Offseason

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:42 pm in hindsight that Miami Heat Welcome Party was pretty ridiculous.

How often do star/s do shit like that? Hold some self-hype rally? Just to celebrate a team change? and it's not even like the whole team is out there, just the 3 dudes.

but give props where props are due: the marching band with the cheerleaders make it worth the hype.
It was a pep rally to pump up fans and sell season tickets. Weird but not abnormal when you consider how weird the Miami sports market is in general.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

180 soaking wet:

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Nash and Paul are/were both better than Mark Price.
And that's not mentioning guys like Steph Curry, Damian Lillard and James Harden.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:27 am ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ clearly did not watch the NBA until LeBron ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Read up on handchecking, it's like 1 minute of research.
If it was such a problem then why was the scoring average over 110ppg? I am 47 years old, grew up in the days of Magic vs. Bird, lived in Detroit during the days of the Bad Boys put king Michael Jordan every year and attended the Silverdome game vs the Celtics that broke the attendance record at the time of nearly 62,000. Watching Rodman sprint like a deer all game was amazing. He played like Jamari Traylor in that game @Texas. He was awesome before he got let go by Detroit and started doing so many drugs.

Go watch a full game from the playoffs in the late 80s, early 90s. The simplicity of defenses is a hilarious joke and the fact that guys like Bill Laimbeer and Rick Mahorn were NBA players is absurd. They were NHL goons in short-shorts. They wouldn't sniff an NBA roster in today's game.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:34 am 180 soaking wet:

And 6'3".
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

He’s a man, he’s 47!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

"An old man" says my knees and back today.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think twocoach was just pointing out he was not in preschool/elementary school in the 90s after being thrown the old Illy special: "do you even watch the NBA bro".
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Twocoach is so hell bent on being the smartest poster on the board that he/she takes the dumbest fucking stances and proceeds to throw a temper tantrum when people don’t agree.

Aka Illy 2.0
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I guess someone had to be the target after Illy left.
I think there's a good amount of difference between twocoach and Illy.
I'm not seeing these temper tantrums.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:24 am I guess someone had to be the target after Illy left.
I think there's a good amount of difference between twocoach and Illy.
I'm not seeing these temper tantrums.
There's a HUGE difference.

Illy was tolerable, and occaisionally funny, and could (rarely) admit he was wrong, and was self-depricating, and could at least give someone else's opinion a chance.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Different strokes, different folks.
I like everyone on the boards except for you.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:37 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:27 am ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ clearly did not watch the NBA until LeBron ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Read up on handchecking, it's like 1 minute of research.
If it was such a problem then why was the scoring average over 110ppg? I am 47 years old, grew up in the days of Magic vs. Bird, lived in Detroit during the days of the Bad Boys put king Michael Jordan every year and attended the Silverdome game vs the Celtics that broke the attendance record at the time of nearly 62,000. Watching Rodman sprint like a deer all game was amazing. He played like Jamari Traylor in that game @Texas. He was awesome before he got let go by Detroit and started doing so many drugs.

Go watch a full game from the playoffs in the late 80s, early 90s. The simplicity of defenses is a hilarious joke and the fact that guys like Bill Laimbeer and Rick Mahorn were NBA players is absurd. They were NHL goons in short-shorts. They wouldn't sniff an NBA roster in today's game.

IMWO Laimbeer would not only sniff an NBA roster in today's game, he very well might be in the upper half of Centers. Guy was a 4 time all-star among some truly great players. He could shoot, he could rebound, he could defend. All well.

* I forgot to add he actually gave a damn about winning and didn't take a second off during games.
I'd take him on my team in a heartbeat.
Last edited by Deleted User 266 on Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The Celtics are looking like a case study in what can go wrong when GMing strictly according to formula. At some point you've gotta flip the switch from "build" to "be."
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:13 pm . At some point you've gotta flip the switch from "build" to "be."
OOOOH thatd make a good bold headline on one of these scientist posters I keep hearing about.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:13 pm The Celtics are looking like a case study in what can go wrong when GMing strictly according to formula. At some point you've gotta flip the switch from "build" to "be."
Went from no-brainer Kings of east to should-we-tank really fast.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

They got hemorrhoids. Neither shat nor got off the pot.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Andrew wiggins being actively shopped by the timberwolves supposedly.
Rockets Celtics and timberwolves looking into a 3 team trade where minnesota gets Gordon Hayward, Boston gets Chris Paul, and Houston gets Wiggins.

maybe the 3 players with the 3 most ridiculous contracts in the league right now. (or John Wall)
and it would complete the chris paul james harden divorce