KU has a Radio partnership with this doofus

Other Sports.
NewtonHawk11

Re: KU has a Radio partnership with this doofus

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:34 pm Looking back, not surprising, and frankly a miracle it's just now happening.

A good lesson for all: don't shit on everyone, you might need someone some day. Anyone. KK had none.
Someone brought that up on Friday maybe on twitter or something. In a profession where even though they are competing against each other, they have each others back. Kietzman literally did shit on everyone, and when he needed help the most, NOBODY relevant came to his rescue. Not one single person outside of a former 610 host that moved to Denver and trolls KC all the time.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Getting crosswise with Nate (and thus SSJ) and Sam (and thus...everyone?) was unwise. Getting crosswise with the Chiefs (as they have ascending what is possibly the guy in American sports for the next ten years) was fatal.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

And he tried his damndest to talk his way out of the situation, and he honestly couldn't.

Wednesday night or Thursday night, whenever it was with him on the TV show trying to do damage control and state "I'm not resigning because the Chiefs have employed criminal after criminal and they are still playing" and 810 basically just seemed to say OK, we'll make it easy for you. We'll just say we "mutually part ways"

I'm still shocked they did it. Ownership in the station. Been there for 20+ years. But he definitely fell off the rails over the last few years as 610 passed him up in the afternoon spot. He had to do something to make a splash, and saying some crazy things definitely got his name in the news.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:38 am And he tried his damndest to talk his way out of the situation, and he honestly couldn't.

Wednesday night or Thursday night, whenever it was with him on the TV show trying to do damage control and state "I'm not resigning because the Chiefs have employed criminal after criminal and they are still playing" and 810 basically just seemed to say OK, we'll make it easy for you. We'll just say we "mutually part ways"

I'm still shocked they did it. Ownership in the station. Been there for 20+ years. But he definitely fell off the rails over the last few years as 610 passed him up in the afternoon spot. He had to do something to make a splash, and saying some crazy things definitely got his name in the news.
And that's the craziest part!

Other than scenarios where your actual position (legal or business or something) is harmed by it, the "unequivocal and unconditional 'I fucked up' apology" is an undefeated strategy. And it was right there for him.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:40 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:38 am And he tried his damndest to talk his way out of the situation, and he honestly couldn't.

Other than scenarios where your actual position (legal or business or something) is harmed by it, the "unequivocal and unconditional 'I fucked up' apology" is an undefeated strategy. And it was right there for him.
^^^:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWkVa-_sd24

Or:

Enter rehab
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:40 am

KK's shtick has long been excoriating the Chiefs and KU for bad crisis management in his normal sanctimonious tone.

When it's his turn, he failed worse than either.