2019 College Football Season

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

2019 College Football Season

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Big 12 Media Days start today. Thought it would be time for a thread about the season in general.

Bob Bowlsby said KU administration, not athletic department made the 1-game suspension (Sure...)

Big 12 not planning on expanding anytime soon.

Les stated that he did not make decision. Decision was done outside of him, but he stands by it and thought it was right. Thought almost 8 months away from team was good for him to go through all necessary processes with conduct board at KU and legal proceedings.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Re: 2019 College Football Season

Post by twocoach »

So, anyone alarmed by Miles' rambling incoherence? Sorry folks, but Les just isnt all there. I hope he hired very talented assistants.

Every time I see Miles string together more than 3 sentences, it inevitably ends with me thinking "WTF is he talking about?"
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

You guys. Do a YouTube search. He's weird in these pressers. He always has been going back to LSU days. Signing day pressers, media day pressers it doesn't matter. He's an odd duck.

His sound bite moments are after hard fought games when adrenaline is going and he's off the rails. He tries to be very conservative at these things and won't say anything that will be looked back on poorly.

He's a great coach. Knows the game. Knows how to build a program. Knows what it takes to win week in and week out.

But he's still weird as shit.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

From one of the pre-game hosts for KU.

https://twitter.com/nick_schwerdt/statu ... 44578?s=21

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I'm not worried that he isn't 'knocking' the public PR stuff out of the water. I want to see a guy with results on the field.
You get Les talking about football and 'crootin and that is where he shines.
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Right...Miles was like this at LSU.

Jimbo Fisher and Dabo Swinney don't win me over with their interviews either.

If we start winning games, I don't care if he just stays silent during every press conference.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

ESPN+ Doing documentary following Long in November for coaching search through Spring and Summer with Miles. And then during the 2019 season as well.

Very similar to a Last Chance U type of thing.

https://twitter.com/themattgalloway/sta ... 77472?s=21

chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Something tells me that programming isn't going to go over well in Austin. That is until Texas gets their own 20-part special.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Does Texas actually challenge for the B12 title this year?
Is Alabama a shoo-in for the playoffs?
does ksu make a bowl?
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Freaking love the behind the scenes stuff. This is what happens when you have an AD and competent football coach who are in step together about creating a winning culture.
Two things that stood out to me from the 30 second trailer:
1. Jeff mentions to Miles about having fun and they both remark that 'we (KU) are going to win' and that is going to be fun.
2. To put all of those 'Miles is losing it' to the side he remarks to his assistant to get him a 'real **** whistle. not this iPhone crap.' Love it.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I just hope he doesn’t poke a player in the chest.

I don’t like meanies.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:20 pm Freaking love the behind the scenes stuff. This is what happens when you have an AD and competent football coach who are in step together about creating a winning culture.
1. Jeff mentions to Miles about having fun and they both remark that 'we (KU) are going to win' and that is going to be fun.
2. To put all of those 'Miles is losing it' to the side he remarks to his assistant to get him a 'real **** whistle. not this iPhone crap.' Love it.
Those 2 quotes stuck out to me too. Long is ready to see this program succeed and Les showed that he's got the fire. He doesn't show it in press conferences like others think he should. He shows that fire at the important stuff (Practices and games)

I think Les is great in the meeting rooms, the field and in controlled settings. He doesn't do well at public events and press conferences in November and July. I think the series will show just that as well.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

From everyone who I have talked to both on the coaching staff and who have visited practices Les is a different animal when it comes to at least practices and visits. Games are yet to be seen but at least for now we have about the best guy in charge that would have realistically wanted to come here.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I saw this on twitter, but the state head coach had a close Q&A session and some KU fans had fun with it when he paused multiple times, said Uh and paused to remember the last name of a running back.

These coaches suck in these settings. All of them. All they do is coach. It's what they feel comfortable with and it's what they have done for 30+ years in most cases.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Beer and wine to be sold at Memorial this year. Feel the chant, or together we rise, or whatever our slogan is this year.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

really...
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:20 pm Freaking love the behind the scenes stuff. This is what happens when you have an AD and competent football coach who are in step together about creating a winning culture.
I love the enthusiasm as well - but seriously. Let's get 3 wins this year.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

chiknbut wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:39 am Let's get 3 wins this year.
We've got beer now.

Most successful season in history, possibly.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Beer and wine in the stadium.
Defense. Rebounds.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

The Jayhawks are coming

Also, I'm all in, along with a good portion of the legal 20ish drinking crowd if they are selling Truly and White Claws

#DontJudge
Holidaysmore - 2005