Season ticket seat selections today

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Season ticket seat selections today

Post by twocoach »

We made it around the corner! After the last 5 seasons sitting up in the corner of Section 9A, our tickets for next year are up near the top of Section 7. So glad we finally made it around the corner to the side of the court. Should have a much better view overall.

This season can't get here soon enough.
Deleted User 266

Re: Season ticket seat selections today

Post by Deleted User 266 »

That a heck of an improvement. Congrats! What do you attribute the upgrade to?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Not sure. I dont think we donated more money vs. the previous season. We actually cut down from 3 seats to 2 for next year due to an increase in activities for my sister's kids. It was getting harder and harder for them to have 3 people who could go to a weeknight game. Maybe we sold more tickets last year, not sure. Seems like every other year we get moved a good chunk.

We are 3 rows from the top but I dont care about that on the sides. They're all good seats over there.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think the demand isn't as high. Self and KU Athletics pushed hard for season tickets at the end of the year.

Never really seen that before.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:44 pm Not sure. I dont think we donated more money vs. the previous season. We actually cut down from 3 seats to 2 for next year due to an increase in activities for my sister's kids. It was getting harder and harder for them to have 3 people who could go to a weeknight game. Maybe we sold more tickets last year, not sure. Seems like every other year we get moved a good chunk.

We are 3 rows from the top but I dont care about that on the sides. They're all good seats over there.
I would guess that it's easier to find pairs than sets of three, and that that helped the improvement.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I would guess that it is not a coincidence that the Big 12 title streak ended with one of the most unpleasant teams in recent times and our seats improved after that crappy season by far more than after any other season.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

That, and the whole guillotine thing.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Dont forget that you can no longer write off a contribution to WEF anymore.
Holidaysmore - 2005
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:09 am Dont forget that you can no longer write off a contribution to WEF anymore.
Really?
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Yep. Winning!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Of course, that shouldn’t affect ticket sales, right? Shouldn’t it affect Williams Fund donations, such that relative donation levels are lower (as among season ticket purchasers)?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It's a total out of pocket expense per season. If you increase it by raising ticket prices, raising donation requirements or reducing tax write offs you increase the likelihood that some folks decide that enough is enough and they give up their tickets.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:24 am It's a total out of pocket expense per season. If you increase it by raising ticket prices, raising donation requirements or reducing tax write offs you increase the likelihood that some folks decide that enough is enough and they give up their tickets.
I would hope that KAI is smart enough to expect donations to flag as a result of tax law changes (and not to require donation levels that just aren’t happening).
Judy_Jayhawk

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

I didn't buy this year. First time in over 15 years. Last year they changed the system. The points I accumulated meant virtually nothing. It would only rank me in the group I was in based on my current year donation. I upped my donation considerably last year to get the equivalent tickets. I gave a fair number of my tickets away because I couldn't make it. I figured out that tickets on stub hub, tickets for less, etc cost considerably less than my season tickets plus donation. This year I am going to go and I will purchase only the games I can attend.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

That what I did 10 years ago, but points meant something then.

The Mangino/TurnerGill fiasco made me quit WEF and, as a result, AFH.

I basically gave a one year donation to the last MU-KU game. I don’t know if I’ve been since.

Doesn’t really matter. Place is falling down. Too difficult to park.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I've heard everything across the board...
Home non conference schedule is weak
Because of TV schedules games are starting to late
WEF issues
Tax deduction
Would rather buy games individually
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:31 am I've heard everything across the board...
Home non conference schedule is weak
Because of TV schedules games are starting to late
WEF issues
Tax deduction
Would rather buy games individually
None of those things mattered when we were whipping ass. One bad year and suddenly they matter.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Other than the tax deduction I wouldn't disagree with that.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 276

Post by Deleted User 276 »

Part of me wonders (in regard to last year and the decrease in interest) if it's less about wins and losses and more about some of the behavior of our coaching staff/players over the last handful of years. We've had a lot of bad press. And I know some Kansas fans were pretty vocal in their dissapointment with the stuff that came out about Self and KT. Hopefully not enough "evidence" to land us in too much trouble ncaa wise, but pretty obvious what has been going on (obviously not just at KU, but that's irrelevant). I think some people were embarrassed and angry that our staff was so careless.

Now, many of us don't care about the amateurish-ism rules, but others do. My dad falls in the camp that likes amateurish-ism rules similar to pdub. Others couldn't care less if our coaches were well aware of our guys getting improper benefits (me).

It's entirely possible that our off court troubles have had no impact on season ticket sales. Just something that has crossed my mind.