congrats the Les and the team

where’s all the chicken littles now?
chiknbut

Re: Awesome

Post by chiknbut »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:52 am wow

congrats the Les and the team

where’s all the chicken littles now?
Given all this program has put us through the last 20 years, I don't think there's any reason to get too excited here.

Great win and worthy of pride and celebration. But until it's sustained, the "chicken littles" are justified.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

I just read this.

Where are the chicken littles? Probably dead or in the hospital from the sky actually falling on them at some point in their life as KU fans.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We want this to not be Georgia Tech from the Gil era.
Go out and beat one of the weaker teams in the B12 and it won’t.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah that Georgia Tech game was obviously a fluke. Tech outgained KU, had a longer TOP, fumbled option pitches (Which they hardly did) and it just worked out in KUs favor that day.

The KU defeat of BC didn't seem like a fluke. It was a straight ass kicking from the 2nd quarter on. Boston College looked slow, timid and unprepared. KU looked fast, played physical even though BC had the edge on them in size and were prepared for everything BC did.

KU got team of the week by the College Football Writers Association of America or something like that.

I'm really excited for the outlook. While the Coastal game was frustrating, I think that was Les' final stand of his offense. He knew it was broken and couldn't last here, so he handed over the reigns of the offense and the team achieved, as Miles calls it, "Victory" and not "2nd place today"

I think Miles likes when people doubt his team. He's a great motivator and knows how to get 18-22 year olds fired up to play a game when they are doubted.

As we discussed on a different thread. He's doing things from Sunday to Friday that will not be seen for a while on the field. But we did see a big glimpse of that on Friday night what happens when he opens up his mind.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Found via comment on dotcom, Keagan’s article on the win:

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/09/14 ... jor-upset/
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke