TCU GAME

Kansas Football.
Leawood

Re: TCU GAME

Post by Leawood »

Does KU have the personnel to execute the run pass option?
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

We've seen four hours of football thus far in Miles' tenure. Too early for any grading or conclusions.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Leawood wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:55 pm Does KU have the personnel to execute the run pass option?
A stalwart, athletic offensive lineman or ten would be critically necessary. So, not yet.

Give 'em time. We don't know what these guys can do.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Paul1 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:24 pm Most shocking - Going to BC and pretty much dominating them, going to TCU and pretty much getting dominated, or losing at home to Coastal Carolina?
So far this season is pretty much what I expected. A little bit of everything.
Losing game/s we should have won, winning game/s we should have had little business winning, getting our ass kicked when we should have been more competitive and being more competitive when we should have gotten our ass kicked.
You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have - year one of KU Football under Les Miles.
I think time will prove that BC isn't that good...kind of like Gill's first year when KU beat a ranked George Tech and then GT went on to disappoint.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

You could very well be right. Looking at their remaining schedule I figure they are going to have a difficult time winning 2 more games.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We worked BC. That in and of itself distinguishes it from the GT game.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:03 pm We worked BC. That in and of itself distinguishes it from the GT game.
The types of games were different...but there could still end up be plenty of similarities.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Leawood wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:55 pm Does KU have the personnel to execute the run pass option?
I believe they have better personnel to run RPO spread options compared to running all of the heavy, two tight end are stuff that Les has tried in the first halves.
This team is far more talented than what they showed today. That was embarrassing on all levels.
Holidaysmore - 2005
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

k.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Not in a Power 5 conference.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

holidaysmore wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:48 pm
I believe they have better personnel to run RPO spread options compared to running all of the heavy, two tight end are stuff that Les has tried in the first halves.
This team is far more talented than what they showed today. That was embarrassing on all levels.
But are they? TCU seemed better at KU at pretty much everything and looked like a boxer fighting someone 2 weight divisions below them.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

It seems fairly obvious to me that this was a snowball effect type of game. Once that PR happened, it was game over for sure. KU still had a chance, but KU has some guys out on defense and that hurt considering depth on that side of the ball is low. But it was hot, TCU went up-tempo and just kept going because KU couldn’t stop them.

But that team is better than what they showed. Just depth and a captain quitting on them just before the game caught up to them.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I thought we might get this kind of beat down to OU but not to TCU.

More things change, more they stay the same and all that.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:39 am It seems fairly obvious to me that this was a snowball effect type of game. Once that PR happened, it was game over for sure. KU still had a chance, but KU has some guys out on defense and that hurt considering depth on that side of the ball is low. But it was hot, TCU went up-tempo and just kept going because KU couldn’t stop them.

But that team is better than what they showed. Just depth and a captain quitting on them just before the game caught up to them.
Patterson clearly had TCU ready to roll from the start as well; they weren't going to take KU lightly like BC did.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

It all boils down to the offensive line. If you don’t have Power 5 caliber players up front, it really doesn’t matter what plays you call or how good your QB or RB are. Nothing works when the defense is pretty much unimpeded 60% of the snaps.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

n/m