Shoe money trial

Kansas Basketball.
MICHHAWK

Re: Shoe money trial

Post by MICHHAWK »

Geezer wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:31 pm The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)[a] is a non-profit organization which regulates athletes of 1,281 North American institutions and conferences. It also organizes the athletic programs of many colleges and universities in the United States and Canada, and helps more than 480,000 college student-athletes who compete annually in college sports. The organization is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana.

In its 2016–17 fiscal year the NCAA took in $1.06 billion in revenue, over 82% of which was generated by the Division I Men's Basketball Tournament.
What we should do is boycott the Champions Classic. Empty arena. Zero television ratings.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Again: what is your point?

Is your point that supporting the product is an endorsement of everything that has to do with the product?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I, for one, will be watching the champions classic. I'll let those of you who boycott know how it goes.

Fish is right, there are a lot more things to love about college basketball than there are to hate about it.

Michhawk is the type of guy who'd divorce his wife because she poops with the door open.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:59 pm I, for one, will be watching the champions classic. I'll let those of you who boycott know how it goes.

Fish is right, there are a lot more things to love about college basketball than there are to hate about it.

Michhawk is the type of guy who'd divorce his wife because she poops with the door open.
If anyone should be boycotting, it's the players.

I think my sports life would be complete if we went 40-0 this year, beating Duke and Kentucky in the Final Four, and then Bill Self went to the NBA and did his best to light the NCAA on fire on the way out the door.
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

Good luck with the 40-0, we couldn’t do it. 38-1 still hurts.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Kyblueblood wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:06 pm Good luck with the 40-0, we couldn’t do it. 38-1 still hurts.
I would have assumed you wouldn't have said this until January 26th at something like 10pm.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

With all we've learned in the first of three federal trials, it must now be asked: Can the NCAA bear to honestly investigate its biggest programs? Sure this trail is bad but there is more to come.

That’s at least slightly more realistic than what you heard out of Durham, N.C., this week, where Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said he wasn’t paying attention to the trial because it’s “a blip. It’s not what’s happening.”

Sorry, but the head-in-the-sand routine being performed by Krzyzewski and North Carolina’s Roy Williams isn’t going to work anymore. The credibility of the sport is under withering assault in that courtroom, and there are still two more trials.

What’s being revealed isn’t some anomaly; in fact, everything about the evidence suggests it was altogether normal.

Just consider the text exchange between Gassnola and Self on Sept. 19, 2017, shortly after Kansas and Adidas had agreed to a new $191 million apparel deal.

After Gassnola thanked Self for helping complete the deal, Self responded “Just got to get a couple real guys,” seemingly referring to recruits.

Gassnola texted back: “In my mind, it’s KU, Bill Self. Everyone else fall into line. Too (expletive) bad That’s what’s right for Adidas basketball. And I know I’m right. The more you have lottery picks and you happy. That’s how it should work in my mind.”

Self responded: “That’s how (it) works. At UNC and Duke.”

Gassnola answered that it works that way at Kentucky, too.

“I promise you I got this,” he texted Self. “I have never let you down. Except (Deandre Ayton). Lol. We will get it right.”

It's very possible that the outcome of this first trial is not guilty.

The assistant coaches that are up on charges are all nike guys
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

Calipari said they walk if they are ask for anything. Alexander is in record of saying “they just quit calling, haven’t heard from them. Cal is saying they need stiffer penalties and not selective enforcement.
😂
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Kyblueblood wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:39 pm Calipari said they walk if they are ask for anything. Alexander is in record of saying “they just quit calling, haven’t heard from them. Cal is saying they need stiffer penalties and not selective enforcement.
😂
Coach Vacated said that?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:08 pm
Kyblueblood wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:06 pm Good luck with the 40-0, we couldn’t do it. 38-1 still hurts.
No way we will be undefeated. Our non conference schedule is tough. Kansas, UNC, Duke, Nevada,not sure what Louisville will have. Pitino is one if the best college coaches ever. UL might have been too quick to fire him.

I would have assumed you wouldn't have said this until January 26th at something like 10pm.
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

Geezer wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:25 pm
Kyblueblood wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:39 pm Calipari said they walk if they are ask for anything. Alexander is in record of saying “they just quit calling, haven’t heard from them. Cal is saying they need stiffer penalties and not selective enforcement.
😂
Coach Vacated said that?
He sure did.
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketba ... ems-shady/
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Of course he did. And if you believe Nike is not buying Kentucky players you can go put you head in the sand with Roy and K and Cal.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Self only allows players to be paid for online classes. Everyone knows that. It's education first at Kansas.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

But seriously, those guys are just setting the stage for what's to come. They must know they're not going to pop up on a stupid text message string. Nike probably just does this better than Adidas (like everything else). So they're just preemptively setting the narrative that they didn't know because they must know some of their players are going to inevitably be mentioned in the next few trials.
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

Of course Nike is "buying" players and Cal, K, and Roy know it. Like you alluded to Illini - seems they may sharp enough to understand and make sure they and their cast of characters don't leave trails in the process. But of course stay tuned because there will no doubt be more shit coming out if the NCAA feels the need to drop the hammer on KU and other programs. Clearly this in not just an Adidas issue and Nike is involved in the "business" too. NO WAY that UNC, Duke, and Kentucky won't be implicated if the NCAA feels the need to do a complete and thorough investigation.
I am curious as to what if any affiliation Emmert can be tied to with Nike - besides back in his LSU and Washington days.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:55 am But seriously, those guys are just setting the stage for what's to come. They must know they're not going to pop up on a stupid text message string. Nike probably just does this better than Adidas (like everything else). So they're just preemptively setting the narrative that they didn't know because they must know some of their players are going to inevitably be mentioned in the next few trials.
Eh, I wouldn’t bet TJ Gassnola’s rent money that there aren’t five of him at Nike.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Adidas isn’t bidding against Adidas. Someone paid Ayton and Zion. Adidas didn’t. Nike is involved.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Work with the NBA to eliminate the draft age -- that's very important in my opinion.
It won't eliminate this but it sure will help.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:58 am Work with the NBA to eliminate the draft age -- that's very important in my opinion.
It won't eliminate this but it sure will help.
Eliminate it, and/or look to hockey for an example of how a player can be drafted (and his rights retained) but still develop in college.