Late Night

Kansas Basketball.
Cascadia

Re: Late Night

Post by Cascadia »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:06 pm Maybe it’s the young people that need to stfu.
Triggered
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

sdoyel wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:56 pm Still waiting to hear a complaint from someone who was there...
You didn't hear/read a "complaint" from the two most important people who were there?
Let me help you if not.

"We apologize to anyone who was offended by the Snoop Dogg performance at Late Night. We made it clear to the entertainers' manager that we expected a clean version of the show and took additional steps to communicate to our fans, including moving the artist to the final act of the evening, to ensure that no basketball activities would be missed if anyone did not want to stay for his show. I take full responsibility for not thoroughly vetting all details of the performance and offer my personal apology to those who were offended. We strive to create a family atmosphere at Kansas and fell short of that this evening."

“I didn’t know that there was going to be anything like that," Self said, asked specially about the pole dancing and money. "I was told this was radio-edited and everything else. … But no, that’s not the direction that anybody at our school would want that to go at all.
"Regardless of the entertainment it provided many, it was still not the right way to provide the entertainment," Self said. "I only stayed for a couple songs. I wasn’t feeling well so I went back in the locker room. So I didn’t see the majority of what went down but certainly I got a pretty good idea based on the first couple songs."
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Long and Self should have just played it cool and not said shit; the comments made, especially by Long make KU look like they're playing the victim card again...plus, any positive momentum/press they got from having Snoop perform went completely out the window.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Bingo. The only bad decision was to issue the apology statements.

But, anyone with a brain realizes those were thinly-veiled attempts to pay the freight for the bluehairs.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Paul1 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:39 pm
sdoyel wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:56 pm Still waiting to hear a complaint from someone who was there...
You didn't hear/read a "complaint" from the two most important people who were there?
Let me help you if not.

"We apologize to anyone who was offended by the Snoop Dogg performance at Late Night. We made it clear to the entertainers' manager that we expected a clean version of the show and took additional steps to communicate to our fans, including moving the artist to the final act of the evening, to ensure that no basketball activities would be missed if anyone did not want to stay for his show. I take full responsibility for not thoroughly vetting all details of the performance and offer my personal apology to those who were offended. We strive to create a family atmosphere at Kansas and fell short of that this evening."

“I didn’t know that there was going to be anything like that," Self said, asked specially about the pole dancing and money. "I was told this was radio-edited and everything else. … But no, that’s not the direction that anybody at our school would want that to go at all.
"Regardless of the entertainment it provided many, it was still not the right way to provide the entertainment," Self said. "I only stayed for a couple songs. I wasn’t feeling well so I went back in the locker room. So I didn’t see the majority of what went down but certainly I got a pretty good idea based on the first couple songs."

bat shit crazy folks
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:43 pm Long and Self should have just played it cool and not said shit; the comments made, especially by Long make KU look like they're playing the victim card again...plus, any positive momentum/press they got from having Snoop perform went completely out the window.
The only momentum we care about from the performance is with the recruits and they do not care what Self and Long say in a prepared statement. I'd guess that the vast majority of recruits who saw it/heard about it thought it was awesome.

If fans are entertained by it, that's a cherry on top. It wasn't a show for them.
Deleted User 266

Oh, so now Late Night isn't for the fans anymore?
Shame we did it half assed for the recruits. Should have had friends of the program provide whores (and blow?) for them. Ala Louisville.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Gutter, Late Night is for Students and Recruits...anyone who thought Snoop Dogg was a family show is a moron. Lighten up Francis!
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 266

I'm a Snoop Dogg fan. Have seen him live multiple times. Have interacted with him.
I have little issue with the show he put on at KU during Late Night. He gave his fans what they wanted. That's all good.
Maybe a few clueless people were somewhat surprised with the show but I find it really hard to believe that Self and Long weren't expecting it.
It's the fact that they felt a need to express their "shock" (fake or real) that rubs me the wrong way. I feel it makes them look/sound foolish. That's all.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

"I'm a Snoop Dogg fan. Have seen him live multiple times. Have interacted with him."

Of course you have.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Paul1 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:11 pm I'm a Snoop Dogg fan. Have seen him live multiple times. Have interacted with him.
Oh good lord.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I didn’t think that the illy Tech N9ne meltdown could be topped, but gutter kicking it with Snoop takes the cake.
Trustee

Post by Trustee »

Last edited by Trustee on Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Fucking hilarious.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:58 pm Gutter, Late Night is for Students and Recruits...anyone who thought Snoop Dogg was a family show is a moron. Lighten up Francis!
This sums up how I feel about it.

This talk about Snoop takes me back to being 12 on the bus and having our bus driver threaten to take away our Doggystyle cassette. Remember those days?
Trustee

Post by Trustee »

No. The chauffeur wouldn’t have dared to threaten me.
Deleted User 266

My saying I interacted with Snoop Dogg made some of you act like assholes towards me. Shocker.
I know someone who introduced me to him after a concert and then we met up with him at what was then known as the Sutton Place Hotel.
I attended a UCLA Basketball game (as I do most years) and spoke briefly with him as we both were waiting to enter Pauley.
You guys have a problem with that, or at least feel the need to make snide comments about it?
That's on you and who you choose to be. Good for you. Carry on.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

JFC
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Paul1 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:43 am My saying I interacted with Snoop Dogg made some of you act like assholes towards me. Shocker.
I know someone who introduced me to him after a concert and then we met up with him at what was then known as the Sutton Place Hotel.
I attended a UCLA Basketball game (as I do most years) and spoke briefly with him as we both were waiting to enter Pauley.
You guys have a problem with that, or at least feel the need to make snide comments about it?
That's on you and who you choose to be. Good for you. Carry on.
No, I just chuckle at you shamelessly dropping it into the conversation when it has nothing to do with the conversation. You do it all the time and people laugh at it.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

You do realize it's not the fact you interacted with him that made some of them act like assholes. It's the fact you thought it needed to be said. What did saying you've talked with him have to do with making your point? You always feel the need to mention that you met this dude, partied with that dude, rode in the same elevator has another dude. Nobody gives a shit who you've met in your life and it certainly doesn't add more substance to your opinion.