2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by holidaysmore »

Thankfully it doesn't sound like surgery is necessary but Stone Cold could be out for a significant amount of time. He is know headed to the dreaded designation of 'week to week.'

Getting 'Reek back will be huge. Who knows about Tenderfoot Sammy. I fully expect the Texans to get a healthy dose of the Williams' and Shady on Sunday. Run the ball, make teams at least respect the running game and then take your shots.
Holidaysmore - 2005
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

lobster wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:09 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:57 pm Can't really work on the weakness if Fisher and Wylie are out though - except I guess quick throws which is what Andy was trying to dial up at the end there ( but then negates some of Mahomes' magic ).
I remember many years ago the Colts were known as having the worst run defense in the league. We played them in the wildcard (back when we had Edwards), and they shut our run game down completely. My hope is our guys can adjust in some way, but I get your point. As bad as our offense was yesterday, we only lost by one possession.
If I recall they got Sanders back for that game, made a big difference.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

5 NFL thoughts of the morning.....

Is Baker Mayfield out of a starting job? Browns have to do something drastic.

Who were the morons who not only felt is was ok to walk Mason Rudolph off the field but also allowed it to happen? I get that the cart was not operable but there was a stretcher with wheels.

People laughed at the Raiders when they traded Mack to the Bears. Well kids, 2 years later as great as Mack may be, the Raiders are looking like the winners in that deal and will continue to be for as long as Mack is on the Bears.

Kind of funny how the Titans let go of their Kicker for missing field goals and are signing a guy who was let go for missing field goals.

What kind of odds could you have gotten that after week 5 the Bills would be 4-1, the Falcons would be 1-4, the Rams would be in 3rd place in the NFC West, and the 49ers would be one of only 2 undefeated teams?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Remember when Baker was pissed for Kansas not shaking hands a few years back?

Guess who didn't shake hands at midfield before the game last night in San Fran?

And Richard Sherman went off on him..
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/277 ... shake-snub
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:30 am Remember when Baker was pissed for Kansas not shaking hands a few years back?

Guess who didn't shake hands at midfield before the game last night in San Fran?

These are the reasons I hate players like Mayfield. Same with Marcus Morris disrespecting a guy by bouncing the ball off his head yesterday. It's bush league bullshit that does nothing but make you a target. Bush leagers rarely end up winning it all.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We in trouble:

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Chiefs NT Xavier Williams suffered a high-ankle sprain in Kansas City's Week 6 loss to the Colts.
The severity of Williams' ankle sprain sounds like it may force him to land on injured reserve. With stud DL Chris Jones (groin) also expected to miss some time, the Chiefs will turn to Derrick Nnadi and Khalen Saunders up the middle in an up-tempo matchup against Houston's explosive offense.

https://www.rotoworld.com/
Deleted User 266

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:30 am Remember when Baker was pissed for Kansas not shaking hands a few years back?

Baker was pissed at Kansas for not shaking hands?
Hmmm.
“I’m not even mad. This is actually funny to me kind of thing, and I respect that".

I agree 100% that he is an ass for his antics during that game and not shaking hands with the 49ers last night.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

We found out how can stop the Chiefs. Themselves. Yikes are the injuries piling up. Suddenly Sunday's game became even more interesting.

Baker needs to grow up. He is still what I would consider a rookie with a rookie HC. There are going to be growing pains.

The 'infamous' crotch grab game. Even though KU was bush league to start by not shaking his head. The forgettable Beaty years.
Holidaysmore - 2005
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

I do remember that. Threw up the bird and barked like a dog on the sidelines immediately after the coin toss...
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Deleted User 266

Really? Who else besides you witnessed that?
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I'm pretty sure there was at least 20 students, 1,000 OU fans and ChalkRocker at that game so that is 1,021.

That was national news after that game for the way Baker acted. This was coming off of earlier in the year when he 'planted' the flag against tOSU.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 266

I was aware Mayfield acted like an asshole during the KU game. Grabbed his crotch, yelled fuck you at KU players, told the fans something to the degree of go watch basketball, etc.
I was unaware he "was pissed for Kansas not shaking hands a few years back" and that he "Threw up the bird and barked like a dog on the sidelines immediately after the coin toss".
I had not seen/heard/read that anywhere.
I learn something new every day.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Paul1 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:59 am I was aware Mayfield acted like an asshole during the KU game. Grabbed his crotch, yelled fuck you at KU players, told the fans something to the degree of go watch basketball, etc.
I was unaware he "was pissed for Kansas not shaking hands a few years back" and that he "Threw up the bird and barked like a dog on the sidelines immediately after the coin toss".
I had not seen/heard/read that anywhere.
I learn something new every day.
KU captains came out at the coin toss and inexplicably decided to be classless and refuse to shake hands with him. I believe the rationalization afterward was "we were trying to get inside his head".

The result was predictably that Mayfield got fired up and put the wood to an already hapless KU team while also crotch-grabbing, barking, flipping the bird, and taunting the KU fans, which he would have done anyway.

All in all, Mayfield acted like Mayfield, the KU captains acted like idiots, and we were embarrassed both on and off the field. Par for the course under the previous coach.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 266

Guess who was full of crap - and since he got busted for it - he is now apologizing?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/278 ... r-mayfield

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Z61i8glK7/?
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Pats defense and special teams can only carry the corpse of Brady so far.

Kraft on the phone right now with AJ Green, AB and Gronk.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 266

Is it a bad thing the Pats aren't solely relying on Brady to win games for them?
I don't know if Bob or Jonathan were on the phone last night but I do know the Pats are 6-0 so far. That's without AJG, AB, and Gronk right now.
190 PF and 48 PA. Not too bad. Isn't a team in the league who wouldn't want the same.
noosh

Post by noosh »

Paul1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:04 am Is it a bad thing the Pats aren't solely relying on Brady to win games for them?
I don't know if Bob or Jonathan were on the phone last night but I do know the Pats are 6-0 so far. That's without AJG, AB, and Gronk right now.
190 PF and 48 PA. Not too bad. Isn't a team in the league who wouldn't want the same.
Not a Pats hater here but hard to deny the fact the front portion of their schedule is really soft. In 6 games, they've faced 4 of the 5 worst offenses in the league. Fins, Gmen, Jets, Skins, and Bills. Credit to them they've won those games but hot damn that's a shit stew of orgs right there.
Deleted User 266

Most definitely true. Heck, the Chiefs very well may have looked more impressive against those squads.
Not sure how it could be changed but wouldn't it be nice if NFL teams played balanced schedules?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah their schedule has been very weak.

I know they have that semi-tough stretch coming up soon with Browns, @ Ravens, @ Eagles, Cowboys, @ Texans and Chiefs.

They'll probably lose 3 games all year. So in turn, KC has to lose 3 games, but win that Patriots game and they'll be alright.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I might be the outlier here, Newton, but going on the road to Foxboro doesn't scare me. You tend to get a little mentally lazy when playing at home and certainly home field advantage has done nothing for the Chiefs anyways. There is something to be said for the 'road warrior' or 'underdog' mentality and I believe that both themes would come into play if the Chiefs were to face the Pats in NE for a shot to get to Miami.

Of course I say that and then you look up Bill and Brady's playoff record in December at home. Yikes.
Holidaysmore - 2005