Modern feminism thread

Ugh.
Deleted User 75

Re: Modern feminism thread

Post by Deleted User 75 »

It's just so hilarious. She literally just called this lady I'm working with a liar, and accused her of trying to advance her career by lying and telling me what she assumes I want to hear (which she doesn't even want because she wants to work part time and be home with her kids).

A more accurate description would be that this lady would never try to advance her career by telling any man what he wants to hear because she'd view that as disgusting and unloyal to her husband. This person clearly has morals and is family first. She wouldn't look or say or cater to me in anyway because she doesn't give a damn what I think of her because I'm not her husband and have no important part of her life.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:16 am I am 49, work in academia, and never have heard a mature woman lament that men do not find them attractive. I suspect these ladies are hitting on you, Psyche. They are searching for a compliment from you.

On the other hand, I know several that are waiting for their kids to finish school as they plan to leave their husbands. They have no use for husbands nor marriage, being that they are financially secure and have either grown apart from their husbands or consider their husbands an additional child to care for.

Single households are on the rise. You can hire for anything. Everyone is happy except for the ones who gave up education/career opportunities and career advancement to support/follow their husband’s careers and their children.
In a bubble.
Deleted User 75

DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:16 am

Single households are on the rise. You can hire for anything. Everyone is happy except for the ones who gave up education/career opportunities and career advancement to support/follow their husband’s careers and their children.
So a woman who chooses to sacrifice some of those things for family can't possibly be happy? Or am I misinterpreting what you're saying.

Also wonder if the rise of single households correlates with the rise of our kids shooting up their schools because someone was mean to them?
Deleted User 75

Seahawk just bashed another woman she's never met and called her a liar because she doesn't agree with her views.

Holy fuck. That sounds an awful lot like the people she claims to hate.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Illinois, If you tell us the same thing in three different posts, it doesn’t make it any truer.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:16 am I am 49, work in academia, and never have heard a mature woman lament that men do not find them attractive. I suspect these ladies are hitting on you, Psyche. They are searching for a compliment from you.
You and I are the same age, but I have no interest in women who look like that, and even if I did, I would be terrified of giving a compliment and then being accused of creating a hostile work environment or sexually harassing someone. The stakes are too high and the payoff is too low. I keep my head down, do my work, and try not to be noticed as much as possible.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:23 am

So a woman who chooses to sacrifice some of those things for family can't possibly be happy? Or am I misinterpreting what you're saying.
You are misinterpreting. They can be happy. Sometimes it is for seven years. Sometimes it is for 70 years.

Some will get blindsided by their husbands leaving them. Leaving the women with diminished lifelong earning because they had forgone their own education and career advancement. Some will attempt to bypass that result by finding their social fulfillment and/or economical security from another man before their first marriage has legally ended.
Deleted User 75

DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:26 am Illinois, If you tell us the same thing in three different posts, it doesn’t make it any truer.
How can you read what she said about this woman I'm working with and think anything different?

She clearly says this lady is telling me "what I want to hear" because I am at a small rural bank that the company I work for "owns".

Also, as far as saying the same thing over and over....welcome to the politics board. And anyone who spends as much time here on the poli-board as some of you do probably shouldn't criticize how much someone posts who is primarily here for basketball talk.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:23 am Also wonder if the rise of single households correlates with the rise of our kids shooting up their schools because someone was mean to them?
Check the statistics for Sweden. They have the highest rate, by country, of single households. It is over 50% now.
Deleted User 75

DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:33 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:23 am

You are misinterpreting. They can be happy. Sometimes it is for seven years. Sometimes it is for 70 years.

Some will get blindsided by their husbands leaving them. Leaving the women with diminished lifelong earning because they had forgone their own education and career advancement. Some will attempt to bypass that result by finding their social fulfillment and/or economical security from another man before their first marriage has legally ended.
Sure sounds like you view some women who have different priorities than you as inferior...

I prefer men and women to make their own decisions and decide what is important to them... I don't care if a woman wants to be career first, and I don't care of a woman wants to be family 1st. There is no single way that's right for everyone.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Says the guy getting three meals a day. We should all be so lucky.
Deleted User 75

DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:36 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:23 am Also wonder if the rise of single households correlates with the rise of our kids shooting up their schools because someone was mean to them?
Check the statistics for Sweden. They have the highest rate, by country, of single households. It is over 50% now.
Aren't guns also banned? Or is that Norway?

Isn't Sweden also the size of like Chicago Metro?
Deleted User 75

imzcount wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:38 am Says the guy getting three meals a day. We should all be so lucky.
My wife cooks dinner most nights, but that's about it. I'm on my own for the other 1 or 2 meals a day.

My wife also works 3 days a week so she can be home the other days with our kids. She does that by choice because that's what is important to her. She is also a guidance counselor at a Catholic school and has her masters degree in social work. She does all of this without feeling oppressed or hating men or screaming while wearing a pussy hat.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:42 am
imzcount wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:38 am Says the guy getting three meals a day. We should all be so lucky.
My wife cooks dinner most nights, but that's about it. I'm on my own for the other 1 or 2 meals a day.

My wife also works 3 days a week so she can be home the other days with our kids. She does that by choice because that's what is important to her. She is also a guidance counselor at a Catholic school and has her masters degree in social work. She does all of this without feeling oppressed or hating men or screaming while wearing a pussy hat.
Sounds like a great lady.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Oh wait, must've been someone else. Sorry about that Illinois.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:37 am Sure sounds like you view some women who have different priorities than you as inferior...
How do you figure that I didn’t choose to forego my own opportunities in education and career advancment to care for the kid/household/career? I’m living it!
I prefer men and women to make their own decisions and decide what is important to them... I don't care if a woman wants to be career first, and I don't care of a woman wants to be family 1st. There is no single way that's right for everyone.
Am I mistaken or where you the one pushing for the mother to stay home to prevent the downfall of society, the rise in crime, and unhappy people?Honestly, I get you and Lobs confused sometimes.
Deleted User 75

DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:52 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:37 am Sure sounds like you view some women who have different priorities than you as inferior...
How do you figure that I didn’t choose to forego my own opportunities in education and career advancment to care for the kid/household/career? I’m living it!
Am I mistaken or where you the one pushing for the mother to stay home to prevent the downfall of society, the rise in crime, and unhappy people. Honestly, I get you and Lons confused sometimes.
I didn't push for the mother to stay home. I do think it'd help, but I also think it'd help if the dad was home....what doesn't help is having a daycare raise our children. But the cost of living almost requires both parents to work if you don't want to be poor.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Then it sounds like we should be arguing together for higher middle class wages, better public education, etc.
Deleted User 75

DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:57 am Then it sounds like we should be arguing together for higher middle class wages, better public education, etc.
Yup.

Don't let seagull fool you into thinking I'm anti woman or a misogynist. I'm not. At all. I'm also not a trump guy or racist.

I just a guy from the Midwest who loves his family and Kansas hoops. I want women to have the same opportunities as men, and for women to feel free to make whichever life choices suits them personally. No expectations or judgment from me.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Be open to the societal pressures that speak to a wife to be the super wife and the super parent and to to set aside her own needs and dreams to support you. I didn’t recognize those subconscious messages about society’s norms until atleast 10 years later. I was/am sincerely doing what I chose to do (i.e. be a great parent and good-enough wife), it is just that now, I see the real costs to me. I don’t have the answer to our society’s ills.