2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by holidaysmore »

They should have also beat the Colts and the Texans but they failed to do that. The injury excuse is only going to take you so far. Eventually you either find ways to overcome that or maybe you aren't the team everyone thought you would be.

Now to completely contradict my last statement I hope the Chiefs dirty up the game, slow it down and just find ways to win. They need to keep their heads above water until the rest of the reinforcements get here. You have to hope that Veach will make a move before the deadline and some key pieces will be back sooner than later. If Andy Reid is as good of a coach that the national media says he is then he will find ways to piece together wins until they are at or near full strength.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah how many people forget when they started 1-5 and finished 11-5 and made the playoffs. With Alex Smith at QB. They'll be fine. Andy is the perfect calming presence in a time where chaos can run rampant.

But how different the tune of this team sounds if not for the horrible overturn of the flag on the Mahomes INT. Chiefs were up 17-9 at that point and at the 30 yard line on their way to another score. Still had plenty of chances to stop them, but they had an opportunity taken from them.

The Chiefs are fine. If they drop to 4-3, they'll be OK. Their division stinks. They'll have at least one home playoff game.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The Chiefs, when healthy, coasted by an improved Jags team. Coasted by a fired up Raiders team in the last game against KC in Oakland. Coasted by a good Ravens team (30-13 Start of 4th quarter)

They haven't been healthy (AKA Mahomes ankle) but they'll be fine once they hit this mini-bye week and get some guys back on the OL.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Brutal schedule and injuries are generally synonymous. We'll see how they do in the thin air.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Chiefs will be fine once key pieces come back.

I think only legitimate "concern" is that they aren't ever going to be as good this season as they were last season. Which is fine considering they were within a break or two from a Super Bowl appearance, but I think anything less than last year's finish (or better) is not living up to the fan expectations going in. So, it's all relative.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

My preference is the long game with Mahomes.
I think all this going for it now is/was the wrong move when it comes to a young QB and while Tom Brady is still in the NFL.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

What a terrible take.

Chiefs had the best record in the AFC a year ago and were the Vegas favorite to win the Super Bowl to start the season.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:24 am My preference is the long game with Mahomes.
I think all this going for it now is/was the wrong move when it comes to a young QB and while Tom Brady is still in the NFL.
Wut?

They were 4 inches from a Super Bowl. So bad PWhitt. So bad.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

With a healthy Mahomes, I think the Chiefs can put themselves in the mix for a long while.
Again, I liked the Mathieu get well enough.
Frank Clark was just dumb and not addressing the cornerback ( which you could have in the draft ) was just dumb.

Chiefs need to be wary after they hit the jackpot to just spend all their draft picks for overpriced pieces.
You try to build your defense -- you don't wager your future for a quick fix.

They obviously whiffed at the moves they made addressing/not addressing one side of the ball.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That said, I like the Thornill pick a lot.
It just would have been nice to combine that with a guy like Byron Murphy or Rock-Ya-Sin - someone who could start and become a feature in the defense over the next years.
Or a dude like Montez Sweat.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Chiefs would have been so much better off drafting speed and size. Especially on the LOS. The defense was always going to be on the field too much after big plays by the offense. Belichick went even further by purposely extending their own drives. All of these running plays and 12+ play drives are dependent on teams not turning the ball over. The Chiefs have to tackle better, cause fumbles and catch.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Remember the plan was for the Chiefs to draft a corner. Veach and the scouting department spent most of their time looking at corners. Then the night of the draft the Hill bombshell hits and they felt like they might need a WR now and most of the corners they really liked already were off the board.

They liked Ward coming back and by adding Breeland and later on Mo they felt as if they addressed the cornerback position. Other than some bad technique early on (Ward) or unlucky holding calls (Breeland) the corner position has been fine. Not great but adequate. The biggest issue has been the LBs and defensive line.
Holidaysmore - 2005
noosh

Post by noosh »

All I know is those of us with P Lindsay fantasy RB are winning the week tonight. THANKS CHIEFS RUN D!!!!!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The corners they liked were off the board because they didn't have their 1st round pick anymore.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I have freaking parent-teacher conferences for the first quarter or so of the game tonight. So dumb. But you gotta do what you gotta do for them kids.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

3rd down penalties are allsome.
Defense. Rebounds.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

So is Mahomes.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Great job Reid running that sneak.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The City should sue Reid.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I believe more and more the Chiefs franchise is cursed. How many times has Brady run that same play and literally nothing has ever happened to him. The one time Mahomes does it he gets hurt.

At least he walked off. Still could have hurt it but some what of an encouraging sign he was walking better and better.
Holidaysmore - 2005