Texas game

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Texas game

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Stop it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:01 pm Helluva game; I'm not one for moral victories; but this at least extends the hope that KU is on the right path.
At the very least KU football is interesting. Which is something you couldn't say for a long, long, long time.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think there's a shot at beating Texas Tech.
And even ksu.
If we won both, which isn't crazy to think it's possible ( but not likely ), this season would be a success in my book.

If we can't get another win on the season, I don't know how you can call it a success.
Wins matter.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KU-kstate 2:30 kickoff. Anyone got the hookup for any tickets?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

chiknbut wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:22 am
InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:01 pm Helluva game; I'm not one for moral victories; but this at least extends the hope that KU is on the right path.
At the very least KU football is interesting. Which is something you couldn't say for a long, long, long time.
Even though I'm just plain sick of the countless moral victories since 2009, because of the interest thing, Miles has already been a success.

As far as objective measurements, though, the jury is still very much out. We may need to already begin the transition of handing the head coach role over to Dearmon.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think it's already begun by making this jump this early in both the Miles and Dearmon tenure.

Dearmon just seems to have "it" He's got the attitude, he's smart, he relates to players and he's had success everywhere. I wouldn't at all shocked if he's the guy after Miles' 5 years is up in 2023.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I also think whoever the long term OC is will be the next HC. I think the plan was for Lindsey to have that exact thing, but he got a job at a good school that will help him move up the ranks faster.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:51 am I think it's already begun by making this jump this early in both the Miles and Dearmon tenure.
It pretty much has to be the plan or else we're going to lose him. It would be plain dumb for him to stick around and be the OC at KU for $250k/year.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah I think the $250k/year was a wait and see. If it keeps up, he'll get a definite raise. Remember Hull kind of had the same thing. Came here for $150k/year or something then after that first year when he dominated in recruiting, he got a new title and a big time raise to $500k/year or something like that.

I think Dearmon will get a raise to $500k/year or more and an Assistant HC type of title if the offense shows consistent signs of life these last 5 games.
Last edited by NewtonHawk11 on Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

My guess is that he gets a raise in the offseason. Probably close to $1M a season if the offense continues to look as good as it did against UT
noosh

Post by noosh »

sdoyel wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:38 pm So when do we fire DJ Eliot?
CLINT BOWDEN FOR DC!!!!!!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I will make this small note about the new offense. HS recruits at WR had to love what they saw (Either through highlights or during the game on LHN if they live in Texas)

Lots of multi WR sets and the ball was spread around everywhere. Takulve Williams who was a relatively unknown had a nice game. Parchment and Charlot made some great plays. And Stephon Robinson is quietly a really good WR at both the deep ball and running after the catch.

The offense prior to Saturday was a lot of 1 or 2 WR sets and not much spreading of the ball around. Emmett Jones and his WR group have to love this updated and upgraded offense.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Everyone wanted to see if Les would evolve. Other than the BC game he hadn’t. Let’s hope Texas was the game he turned the corner for good.

Let’s not act like Dearmon probably was making 50k (maybe - analysts don’t make jack) to now 250k all while living in Lawrence. That is a huge pay bump, not to mention the extra incentives that come with it. If he starts to garner national attention and KU wants to keep him then they have to pony up.

I said it at the beginning of the year and maybe it had more to do with the ‘cloud’ that has been hanging over KU basketball but I am personally more excited Saturday’s game then basketball season starting on Thursday.
Holidaysmore - 2005
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

There were a few rumors going around that part of the reason the move (Koenning firing, Dearmon promotion) happened when it did was because Dearmon already had an offer from a different school and KU didn't want to lose him. Anyone else hear something similar?
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

I watch a lot of college football and the KU-Texas game was badass. Texas is a top ten team in talent and KU is like 75th. So if you like betting on the future you got to think KU's is brighter. The two point play was hilarious. Dearmon was so adamant and Les just smiled and said OK. Dearmon was confident the whole game on the sideline. I was going to watch just because of Pooka but now you do not want to play KU this year and BIG 12 better watch out cause as long as LES keeps Dearmon at his side this is going to be exciting. We hired LES and I said as long as we beat the kitties I"M good. We beating the kitties.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

$ signs

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I saw the one at 32 seconds.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.