Border War Back On

Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Border War Back On

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Self doesn’t have near the clout and intimidation Over an athletic department that he had a few years back. This is about the majority of fans and money. Not about a coach’s feelings or anything like that. Kansas did this because they sense a ban coming up, and they need exciting games.

But yes, I also heard things about Alden as well. No one from Kansas liked him at all, Alden couldn’t stand Kansas. Which is fine. The schools don’t like each other, but they respect each other more now that both schools have newer ADs.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

But according to Self, he told Bedore he got “The 7 year itch”

Maybe Self does want to play them. But I still think the administration decided and Self had to go along with it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Wut?

Self could have Jeff Long fired before the work day tomorrow.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Not saying he couldn’t. But Self ran Zenger around like nobody’s business. Long has more of a backbone and will do what he thinks is best for the fans and for the money (Because Kansas is struggling with money right now from contracts and FBI case)

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

lol at some of you.

1. This has nothing to do with the current investigation

2. This does not happen without 100% support and approval from Self
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I don’t like this.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:16 pm Not saying he couldn’t. But Self ran Zenger around like nobody’s business. Long has more of a backbone and will do what he thinks is best for the fans and for the money (Because Kansas is struggling with money right now from contracts and FBI case)
The fastest path for KUAC to bankruptcy is to piss off Bill Self. The notion that this was going to happen even over a Self objection because it is some significant financial boon for Kansas is pretty absurd.

What keeps KUAC running in the black is keeping 100% of the gate for home KU basketball games. The basketball program is what is funding Jeff Long's current spending spree on the money loser that is KU football.

This probably was not Self's idea, but he absolutely could have killed this. The best thing that can be said about this is that, overall, it's fun for the fans. We don't need an extra Sprint Center game because the legal bill is breaking KUAC and the donors.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Leawood wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:22 pm I don’t like this.
Me too. Fuck 'em.
Judy_Jayhawk

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

I don't like this! Am I the only one whose first thought was, "Is Self leaving?"
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Kansas has no business playing Missouri at any time, in any sport.

There is no rivalry anymore.

I would prefer playing Nebraska in football and basketball.
Trustee

Post by Trustee »

Larry Keating is rolling over in his vacation home.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

F*ck em
Why in the wide, wide world of sports would we ever play mizzou again?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Because it’s fun..?

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Because Kansas will won something like 5 out of 6 of these games against another P5 school?

Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Would rather have them outside looking in...or rotating with Emporia State
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Trustee

Post by Trustee »

I’m not dead set against it or anything but the rivalry is asymmetrical beyond the W-L. They’re better off playing us and we’re better off playing someone else.

And as exciting and emotionally charged as that matchup was, my enjoyment of KU basketball was not at all diminished by not playing them.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Bunch of KU fans saying they don't want to play our historical rival.
Why not?
Some of the greatest games in Kansas basketball history were played against Missou.
Sure they are not in our conference anymore but to me they should still be as much if not more of a rival than K-State is.
Fuck Missou? I agree, so let's play and beat Missou.

Deleted User 286

Post by Deleted User 286 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:31 pm Because it’s fun.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Trustee wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:02 am I’m not dead set against it or anything but the rivalry is asymmetrical beyond the W-L. They’re better off playing us and we’re better off playing someone else.

And as exciting and emotionally charged as that matchup was, my enjoyment of KU basketball was not at all diminished by not playing them.
Is Kansas better off playing Nebraska, Colorado and Stanford? I sometimes forget that we scheduled some games with those powerhouses that help Kansas get better. Please....

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:30 pm
Leawood wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:22 pm I don’t like this.
Me too. Fuck 'em.
What they said.